Mobile Games

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#1 Mobile Games

Post by rhoenix »

I haven't seen a generic thread on this, despite hearing some conversations about them lately. So, here we are.

MARVEL AVENGERS ALLIANCE 2 (Android, $0)
Thanks to Frigidmagi & Hotfoot, I've become hooked on the Android game Marvel Avengers Alliance 2. It's a free game - though it does have a cash shop, spending cash is in no way required to keep playing the game, even as you get further along in levels. It's fun, it's a pretty straightforward turn-based RPG with superhero stuff. I'd recommend it, since I've fallen under its sway as well.

Info here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _goo&hl=en
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#2 Re: Mobile Games

Post by rhoenix »

So, another one that got me hooked. I've been playing it alternately with Avengers Alliance 2, above.

STAR WARS GALAXY OF HEROES (Android, $0)
After being fairly impressed by Avengers Alliance 2, considering that while technically it's a F2P game with a cash shop, there's no built-in requirements to actually cough up money. That, and it's actually fun to play.

I saw Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on my recommended list while bored at work, so I gave it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised - all the things I like about the systems and gameplay about Avengers Alliance 2 are mostly true with Galaxy of Heroes, just in a Star Wars setting.

There are differences between the two games of course, but both are good about not trying to extract money from people while still being a fun game that's a free download.

You do battles in this game, and your characters level up and equip things for more power. There are Light Side and Dark Side characters, each with their own pathway and storyline missions to complete. You can also unlock special characters from pretty much the entire Star Wars canon franchise (I've seen Darth Sidious, Ahsoka Tano, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Rey, First Order Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Luminara Unduli, Asajj Ventress, and Dark Vader to name a few), and in PvP matches with other people, you can mix and match Light and Dark Side characters to make your team.

Like with Avengers Alliance 2, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes also lets you team up with other people in battles, but you don't unlock the feature immediately. That said, the way in which its implemented makes sense, it's just not as immediately available as it is in other games.

Overall, I'd recommend the game as on par with Avengers Alliance 2.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.