His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

American RockTail.

Big Club on the end of it's tail, like the Anklosaurus.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Captain's Name: Thomas Waite
Captain's Age: 38
Captain's Description: A short and quiet man of no special description, he could pass for your average British soilder if it werent for his green eyes and blonde hair. Standing a little over 5' 9" weighing aproximately 148 pounds. He was raised in proper upper middle class society, such gained for him by his grandfather, a British sailor who had headed to Japan back in the 1850s and came back the captain of a dragon.

Dragon's Name: Licentia
Dragon's Age: 82
Dragon's Breed: Onotomori
Dragon's Description: A 14.5 ton dragon with broad draconic wings covered in red and brown jagged stripes and spinal ridges on her back, she would be considered a beautiful middleweight. Her main issue is the fact that she is quite bipolar because of the fact that her breed is fully cold blooded, unlike most other dragon breeds. When she has good heat to keep her going she is kind, caring and a wonderful friend but when she is too cold she gets lazy and irritable. To compensate for this, her armor is insulated and her crew heats up a barn for her to keep her warm at night in Britian.

Background: Brought back from Japan after being purchased from a corrupt Shogunate in a trade for cannon, powder and training, Licentia hatched on the voyage to England just off the coast of Portugal. Bonding with a crew member named Jordan Waite she was recruited quickly into the Royal Air Corps with her new captain (a fourteen year old cabin boy). Assigned for thirty years together at Gibraltar Licentia and Jordan retired to Britain in his later years. When Jordan died at age 84 his son, Reginald Waite, took command of Licentia, but Licentia and he did not get along and she soon migrated to working with his youngest son, Thomas.

Thomas and Licentia soon entered the First World War and assisted the Air Corps in scoring several key victories near Gibraltar, where they were stationed. After the end of the First World War, Thomas and Licentia stayed in Gibraltar on assignment, but were soon put to the test when the African dragon empire tested the waters. The two squadrons at Gibraltar were almost over run by the vastly numerically superior Africans but the British tactics and a few well placed blasts from Spitfires and Longwings, combined with the intervention of Licentia brought victory to the British.

When World War II broke out Licentia and Thomas were still in Gibraltar and soon engaged the Germans in their attempt to break out of the Med. With that quelled the team was reassigned to the south of England proper to engage the Germans in defense of the crown.

Note: This is a preliminary character and I am still working on it with General Havoc
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Tev, that was the Northwestern Bonetail, and it's a lightweight.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Any opinions on my new character? I would like feedback so I can improve it!
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Can we have a dragon that we don't have to warp causality to get in?

Seriously, a Japanese dragon? I mean, it's ONLY on the other side of the globe, no problem getting it here! And, while I've never read the actual book series I've done a glance over information and your dragon's history seems really similar to Temeraire. Also, can dragons actually go "Meh, I don't want to work with you"? Not a complaint, an actual question.

All in all, my main complaint is that you're bringing in a rather powerful special weapon from across the globe rather than finding a more local one and giving it a decent reason to be here.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

The story of Teremarie is that he was taken as a prize from the French who received him as a gift from the Emperor of China. My story is a bit different. Also, dragons in most cultures bond instantly with someone and that person is their captain, then if the captain dies of natural causes the dragon will move on down the decendent line till it finds someone compatiable. I chose this dragon because of the fact I wanted something with a bit of bite (pun intended) but none of the local dragons really interested me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

just what exactly do the Onotomori do as a SpecWep Dragon?
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm with Charon on this one -- why a Japanese dragon, other than the "Hey! Special Weapon!" factor?

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm with Charon on this one -- why a Japanese dragon, other than the "Hey! Special Weapon!" factor?
So it can be a ninja dragon and all badass like Snake Eyes. Duh. :cool: :razz: :roll:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

The Onotomori has teeth with acid injectors, the teeth inject acid right into the flesh of the enemy and it burns its way out and in.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

It's a pit viper. Oh yay.

Still has to get close enough to bite.
Still doesn't really explain why it's in England.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Would a Polish captain and a Lesser Ironwing work?
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

If he wants be be a Lesser Ironwing captain, I have no problems with the egg having been sold to England and found a captain here. A Polish captain and Lesser Ironwing could work as well.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Our benevolent overlord, who is currently undergoing eye regeneration due to an unfortunate encounter with mental images he found too disturbing to tolerate, says that a Lesser Ironwing who had a Polish captain in WW1 or an egg "liberated" during the chaos of the civil war (and Polish invasion during that civil war) would work.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Our benevolent overlord has decided that it might not be such a bad idea to lock all of you in a wood shed and light it on fire.

Onotomori are cold-blooded Japanese light-middleweight dragons who have the capacity to inject acidic enzymes into an enemy through hollow fangs. They cannot spit acid, merely inject it via a bite.

My suggestion at this point is to go with the idea of a Polish captain with a Lesser Ironwing, as that is considerably more plausible than any of the other ideas I've heard. There is no way to distinguish a Lesser and Greater Ironwing egg prior to hatching, and therefore the Russians do not sell such eggs. Ever. I cannot conceive of a single plausible reason for a Japanese dragon to be fighting in England, whereas a handful of Polish dragons would have found their way to France and then England, as they did in reality. Polish captains could have had Lesser Ironwings prior to WWI, and after the explosion of the Russian Empire, could have wound up serving their newly independent homeland. It's not a stretch to then have that dragon flee to England via Romania or something.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Cold blooded? England would have sucked for the poor Nipponese lizard.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I like the Polish captain/Ironwing dragon as well

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:I like the Polish captain/Ironwing dragon as well
Thirded, then.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

[20:28] genhavoc: I can imagine the captain and dragon on the ground.
[20:29] genhavoc: Dragon: "Don't... say.... anything..."
[20:29] genhavoc: Captain: *Shakes head and facepalms*
[20:29] genhavoc: Dragon: "It was the goddamn wind!"
[20:29] genhavoc: Captain: "Riiight... it had nothing to do with all those Schnapps from before?"
[20:29] genhavoc: Dragon: "I ONLY HAD THREE BOTTLES, DAMN YOU!"
[20:29] genhavoc: Captain: "They were buckets."
[20:30] genhavoc: Dragon: "I hate you so much..."
[20:30] genhavoc: Captain: *Whistles innocently*

Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Captain's Name: Binyomin Ariel Lebowitz
Captain's Age: 51
Captain's Description: An older lean man with slightly greying hair and a full beard and peyas. He stands near 5' 10" weighing a svelt 155 pounds. He moves with a gracefulness not usually found in a man of his age.

Dragon's Name: ואנגאנך (literally translates to Vengance, and is transliterated to English as N'kuhmuh)
Dragon's Age: 33
Dragon's Breed: Aufseher
Dragon's Description (physical and personality): A deep sherwood green with grey spots is natural coloration with white spots around the eyes reminiscent of the American Racoon or European Ferret's bandit mask. Weighing in at 21.25 tons and very sinewy, and wirey depite his weight.

Background: A young Binyomin was in the German Air Corps assigned to a Swabian Lightning Bolt. He was at a German breeding ground when a young Aufseher hatched and the infant dragon took on the wirey Jewish man as captain. Fighting through the First World War in the German Air Corps, Binyomin and his crew were stellar in their performance against the Russians, earning the nickname "The Spitting Drake". After the war, Binyomin and ואנגאנך were retired from the German Air Corps. They retired to a farm in North Germany where they decided they would live peaceful lives. ואנגאנך assisted as best he could on the farm by helping in construction, pulling plows and wagons, and in general being alone with his captain.

Binyomin married Mariska Goldstien. She bore him two children, fraternal twins Abigail and Shmuel. In 1934 the family fled Germany after liquidating their assets into gold and purchasing a large farm in Scotland. There they continued to farm the land with some of the crew that came with them. When war broke out with England the aging Binyomin was brought into service once again to fight against the motherland he once fought for.
Last edited by Utanka on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Post by Avian Obscurities »

Wow, i somehow keep missing updates when the email-notifier suddenly decides to stop emailing me and like THREE PAGES OF CONVERSATION happen XP I should jsut get in the habit of checking the pages physically.
I guess Havoc never showed you the scene in "Black Powder War" where Temeraire admits to masterbating against the rocks on the bottom of a river, because they "felt almost as good" as the female dragon he'd been playing with.
I have read the canon books, and this scene cracked me up. I was also rather intrigued by a more recent one (cant remember which) where Tem indicates that dragon-mating and dragon-...um...pleasure.... are two separate processes.

The biologist in me was intrigued. Not the pervert. Or at least, not as much.
I accidentally all the Brujah.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

It also seems that dragon mating takes a bloody awhile. What with Tamerlane being gone for what was it? Two fucking days!?!

You know now that I think about it... That came out a bit more literal then usual didn't it?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

His name is Temeraire, not Tamerlane. The former was a french ship-of-the-line, captured by the British. The latter was a fourteenth century central Asian conqueror.

I do have a dragon NPC named Tamerlane, but that comes later... :grin:

Utanka, I'm sorry, I've thought this over and discussed it with a few people, and I cannot accept this character. There are permutations of fate whereby I could see a German dragon winding up in Allied service, but the British would not send such a dragon to fight against the Germans. They would assign it to Singapore or some other place well away from the European theater. On top of that, the Aufseher dragon is a breed that works very well as an NPC, and not so well as a PC. As an NPC, I can mandate and force them to behave in the skittish, nervous manner that their breed is prone to. As a PC, I have the distinct feeling that the players will "forget" that their breed is supposed to be (to quote myself): "nervous, irritable, temperamental beasts, who require sure and steady captains to command them". Every dragon breed* has a weakness (yes, even Wendigo), and the Aufseher's is its temperament. Given that you mentioned nothing of the sort, I believe that this weakness was to be conveniently forgotten. And without the breed weakness, Aufsehers are devastatingly powerful dragons, which I am not about to deliver into the hands of a new player.

You may of course submit another dragon or attempt to convince me to reverse my decision, but I am, at present, declining this character.

*Not every dragon breed has a weakness, but those who do not are unbalanced, ultra-powerful deathwreakers unsuitable for player control. Some examples include Greater Ironwings, Congolese Nightmares, Celestials, Coatl, and Lords of the Deep.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Utanka? You're just not getting the hint are you.

Go back for a Lesser Ironwing, and a Polish Captain, like the rest of us have agreed would work.

Otherwise, give up, because you're just annoying us now.

Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

I WILL NOT play a Polak. I am of Gypsy and Jewish Polish decent. I dispise what the Polaks did to both my people during the second World War. I lost over 60 family members to the camps during that war due to the fact that the Polish families that were supposedly hiding them, turned them over to the Germans nto for their own safety but for MONEY AND PRESTIGE! The other fact is that I will come up with my own concept. I will not be forced into playing a concept I did not come up with. I am willing to edit and improve the character I have OR come up with my own concept.

I am sorry if this offends anyone, I dont have a problem with modern Polish people but those from the era this game is in.