Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Quick question, do you have to pay for standard combat mages?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

The same as you'd pay for other troops. It's generally a good idea to have organic wizards and warpriests in your battalions, for a modicum of protection if nothing else. They can be integrated into the cost of the regiment they're with; in fact, I'd go so far as to say that we'll run it like FSTGOD1 and assume basic organic magical support is included in most troop formations.

Of course, if you want uber wizards of doom, be prepared to pay for them.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

It will take a while for me to figure out how much it'll take to have the flying capital and a few Mythallars around the area. Moderator advice welcome.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Map updated!

All the current players are in there. Harper, I kinda forgot to put your name in, but you know where you are. Also, the two major NPC states have been added in, they're in the gray. Dark Silver is currently commanding the one to the South, and anyone wanting to run that one to the East until it is dead or extremely weak should contact the mods of the game and let us know.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

Nyexcellent! Ignore the man behind the (iron?) curtain.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Rogue 9 wrote:The same as you'd pay for other troops. It's generally a good idea to have organic wizards and warpriests in your battalions, for a modicum of protection if nothing else. They can be integrated into the cost of the regiment they're with; in fact, I'd go so far as to say that we'll run it like FSTGOD1 and assume basic organic magical support is included in most troop formations.

Of course, if you want uber wizards of doom, be prepared to pay for them.
So the equivalent of combat medics are present automatically?
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

*blinks at map. Twitches a few times. Blinks more*

Ooookay... that's just weird.

However, it's making me wonder about ocean currents and tropical storm (hurricane) patterns along the eastern seaboard....

There's also the way the Rockies and Appalachians would funnel the jetstream (and storms) straight across the center of the continent.

Oh, wind and weather patterns are probably going to be VERY different.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

A storm god is a handy god to have.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Y aknow... if I was better at playing Empire Building.. I might try to play that Eastern NPC....

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

All are welcome!
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm plotting with Charon now....

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Alright, I've got an overview of my faction done. I appologize if it seemed like I was neglecting this thread.

The Yorathan Alliance

Symbol

A crossed magical staff and broadsword, inset over a silver griffon. The Alliance's banner colors are typically red and silver.

Territory

The Alliance primarily occupies a large cape on the easternmost shores of the continent, extending into the Eastern Bay. Inland holdings extend into an area commonly known among the humans of Brynmor as the "Wildlands".

Religion

The people of Brynmor primarily worship any number of gods, mainly local dieties that embody such things as Sky, Sun, Healing, War, Wisdom, and Smithing. Foreign dieties are also acknowledged and followed. Adalstien also acknowledges foreign dieties, but mainly follow gods such as Odin and Thor. The gray elves almost universally follow a god from the same pantheon, Freyr.

Government

The Alliance is not lead by any one person, but rather by the consensus of the rulers of Brynmor, Adalstein, and Faer Elloth. These three leaders often meet at a central location, known as the Celestial Tower, a structure which in ancient times was the home of a powerful sorceress, now long dead. In other times, the three rulers usually communicate via three magical divining orbs. However, if any magic-users are watching them, the rulers also use foot messengers to keep in touch.

Brynmor

The heavily fortified city of Brynmor is ruled over by the King Hywel Knethell II, an aging and wise man that spent his younger days fighting as a knight in service of his father.

Under King Hywel are the dukes, duchesses, lords, and ladies that run the various towns within Brynmor's control.

Adalstein

The old city of Adalstien is ruled by King Frodi Arnesson, a younger king who assumed the throne after the untimely death of his father. He is nonetheless an effective ruler, and has kept all the old alliances, including with Brynmor and the gray elves of Faer Elloth.

Faer Elloth

The gray elves of Faer Elloth are ruled by Queen Thiniell, a very wise and skilled sorceress, who has a penchant for Air magicks, thus giving Thniell her human-coined nickname, the Lady of Thunder.

Under Queen Thiniell are a group of five other sorcerers and sorceresses, known as the Arbiters, who serve as her personal aides and command various sections of the elves' government. The individual Arbiters are responsible for the Fleet, the Host (Army), wellbeing of the populace, and trade, while the eldest and most trusted of the Arbiters, Fergannel, oversees magic and the affairs of magic-users, including the training of mages and sorcerers.

Below the Arbiters are the various lords and ladies who rule over individual elven towns within their lands.

Population Centers

Besides the chief cities of Brynmor, Adalstein, and Faer Elloth, there are seven other human and elven towns spread throughout the Alliance's territitory. Most elven towns are located along the coasts, while the humans inhabit the fertile inland regions, which they use for farming and grazing.

Exports

Agricultural

Food, Timber, Cattle

Finished Goods

Military Weapons, High-Quality Enchanted Weapons, Magical Items, Elven Ships

Imports

Iron and Steel, Stone, Gemstones

Military

The hosts of Brynmor rely primarily on a purpose-trained army, rather than hordes of armed peasents, for defense. These forces are given cursory training, though it is far better than outright conscripts recieve. Most young men around 17 must be a part of this force for several years.

Brynmoran forces consist mainly of light infantry and crossbowmen, backed up by professional battle-sorcerers. Knights are the nobleman (and in some cases, noblewoman) captains and leaders of the troops, as the days of knights leading charges in Brynmor are long past. Brynmor also posesses mounted light cavalry, which are often used as scouts and also as support for infantry forces.

Adalstien relies much more on numbers, and posesses the typical peasant army. They also posess crossbowmen for ranged attack, but they are not as skilled or accurate as their Brynmoran breatheren. Like Brynmor, Adalsteinish forces posess battle-sorcerers. However, unlike their brother-kingdom, these magic-users are the actual leaders of the troops as well as magical support.

The elves are the main naval power, posessing elegant sail-ships (mainly of the light warship class) that fire ballistae, and are manned with archers. They rely heavily on these archers to kill as much of the crew as possible before the enemy can close in and board. Some ships will also have a battle-sorcerer/sorceress aboard to magically augment their defenses. A popular tactic is to use Water-magicks - especially the summoning of Water Elementals - to attack enemy warships.

The elves also posess a very small ground army, most of the members of which actually serve as naval archers. But on the ground, the elves make up for their lack of numbers as best as possible with sheer training and equipment. The elves posess professional heavy infantry forces, backed up by longbowmen and battle-sorcerers. They are also led by elven nobles who are trained as warriors. Because of their small numbers, the gray elven host is mainly used in a defensive role.

Races

There are three races that inhabit the lands of the Alliance; the humans, the gray elves, and the orcs. The former two make up the legitimate power of the Alliance, while the orcs are completely neutral, ignoring Alliance borders and living within Alliance lands, and out in the Wildlands to the south. Though one would might find such an arrangement to be most troublesome, there have been no real clashes between the orcs and Alliance members for several generations, which is mainly because both sides know to leave each other alone. Humans usually do not wander into the lands held by the orc tribes, while orcs typically do not wander into human villages, but this has not prevented some isolated incidents.

No one knows where the gray elves are originally from, but they have lived along the coastlands of Yoratha for nearly a thousand years now. A race of tall (both genders can reach over six feet tall) immortals with predominantly black hair and gray or blue eyes, the gray elves are most distinguished by their elongated, pointed ears. The gray elves are just as strong as humans, and many of their warriors are quite muscular.

The gray elves are mariners at heart, living exclusively along the coasts in their beautiful cities. Few to no elven villages exist. From their cities the elves build beautiful yet functional sailing vessels, and amongst the Alliance are the primary naval power. This also gives them quite the leverage for trade at sea (while conversely the humans dominate overland trade), though Brynmor has made a point of building a few merchant ships over the years.

Contrary to popular belief amongst the humans, the elves were not inherently more powerful at magic insomuch as they simply had brought with them vast amonts of Arcane knowledge. In fact, several human sorcerers have proved themselves to be actually better than many elves at magical use. Today, however, magical art is shared amongst the human and elven populations, with many of both race's potential magic-users going to the joint city of Brighthill to study the Arcane. Today both the humans and elves of the Alliance have made a reputation for producing very high-quality magical weapons, which have become a rare but very high-value export for them. Both elven and human magic is Elemental in nature.

EDIT: Preliminary Military Stats, as per the Minor Power faction level (50 pts).

Navy, Elven

1 - 20 Scout Ships (Cair-o-Tirad, Ship of Seeing)
8 - 80 Light Warships (Cair-o-Auth, Ship of War)
3 - 20 Heavy Warships (Cair-uin-Ti, Ship of the Line)

Army, Elven

3 - 1000 Heavy Infantry
3 - 1000 Longbowmen

18 Points

Army, Brynmoran

8 - 4000 Medium Infantry
4 - 2000 Crossbowmen
1 - 500 Light Cavalry

2 - 10 Ballistae

15 Points

Army, Adalsteinish

8 - 8000 Light Infantry
4 - 2000 Crossbowmen

2 - 10 Ballistae

14 Points

47 Points Total

I'll probably use my remaining three points for Champions, but I haven't determined whom they will be yet.
Last edited by Ra on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Exileman
Acolyte

Post by Exileman »

I'll get my nation up within 24 hours. Its taking longer than i thought. I just wanted to let you guys know i was still in.
FEAR THE VALUE OF X!
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

So how we gonna handle who gets to be what?

I would like to be a Major Power.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Same here. Though I can adjust for anything... grand is too bloody big though.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

frigidmagi wrote:So how we gonna handle who gets to be what?

I would like to be a Major Power.
I think we'll just generally see who wants to be want, and if it works out about how it should then that's fine, if it doesn't Rogue and I will move some people around, only one person will likely get to start with a grand power.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Considering my NPC Empire is a dying empire....

I have no clue how I should start it off point wise..
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

It may be dying but it's still strong enough to instill fear in the neighborhood.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Aethelmearc: The Nithgaard (Eastern NPC)

Symbol: A white shield, with three black mountain peaks rising from the bottom, one larger than the others.
_______
|----------|
|----/\----|
|-/\^^/\-|
|^^^^^|
======

Exports: Lumber, Gold/silver, Furs, Fancy Seafood (lobster/crab), and Luxury Items (elven craftmanship)
Imports: Silk, Magical Substances (Dusk), Ivory, Whalebone/oil (Urskan), Cotton, Fine Cloth, Wine, and Spices (Koronan Empire)

Government: Five ruling nobles, each caring for a duchy, ruled by the High Queen Gliadrachan from Taranach, the capital city at the southern tip of Lake Nimsulista. The five duchies are LoughRee, LoughErne, LoughCorrib, LoughDeru, and LoughNeagh, each named for the noble family that leads it from one of five large fortified cities: Abhainglas (Erne), Heronter (Neagh), Myrkfaelinn (Corrib), Thescorre (Deru), and Rhydderach (Ree).

People: Tall, lithe, and graceful, yet fully as strong as a human, the Nithgaard have pointed ears, slanted eyes of green, gold, or amber, and hair in shades of sunlight, from white to golden to fiery red. They are elegant, attractive, enchanting, and hide their arrogance behind a haughtly politeness.

Terrain: The nation of Aethelmearc is a lush land of nearly untouched forests, with the great WorldSpine Mountains (The Rockies) forming a natural northern boundry. From the mountaintops, griffons are captured and trained for the Queen's Cavalry. The great lake Nimsulista is formed by runoff from the WorldSpine, as is Lake Myrkulista, and both are rich in cold-water fish. Lake Myrkulista is on a nearly flat plain, thougth to have been cleared by a great flood, perhaps from a glacierdam breaking. The Nithgaard's horsefarms are all located here.
Off the coast and in the Western Gulf are plentiful fish stock and crusteaseans. The central woodlands hide several small towns and farms, all within one of the five duchies or under Taranach's control. There are several carefully managed mines in the foothills of the Worldspine, where the Nithgaard find good iron ore, as well as precious metals such as gold and silver.
Mrykfaelinn and Rhydderach are the most northern cities, each on the border of the Worldspine, with Rhydderach on the Gulf, and Myrkfaelinn on Lake Mrykulista. Abhainglas also is on the Gulf, the gateway to Aethelmearc's waters, while Heronter and Thescorre are seaports on the eastern channel, with Heronter the more northerly.

Military: All Nith are expected to serve in the military for a period of no more than ten years. This leaves the Nith with a competent volunteer milita that can be called up in time of need. Those with the talent are trained as archers, and some Nith continue to serve for decades, becoming quite skilled in archery and the small magics used by the archers (improved aim, flaming arrows, etc).
Those with animal skills are sent to the cavalry, starting as lightly armored Skirmisher-Scouts, and those wishing to remain taught armored cavalry. Only the best archers and Cavalry riders are taken to Taranach to join the Queens Guard. The Griffon Riders serve a minimum of fifty years (the lifespan of a griffon), the archers for a century. They are the Elite of the Military, and only sent out from Taranach in cases of total warfare.
The last defense of Aethelmearc is the Chiachglas, the High Mages of Taranach. These ten, chosen from the most talented and powerful mages throughout the Nithgaard, are charged with protecting Aethelmearc from the worst of storms and earthquakes, and devising new magics for use in everyday and in warfare.

History:
If you believe the Nithgaard, they were the first in this land. The Ilthids would disagree.

What is true is that the Nithgaard fought with the Ilthianian Empire in the past, and both races suffered great losses. The Nithgaard finally withdrew to the WorldSpine, leaving the area below the Appalachians to the Ilthids. Since the cooler weather of the north left the Ilthids sluggish, an uneasy peace was formed, with the Queen Gliadrachan awaiting a day when they might surge south again.

In the meanwhile, there were other beings in the North. The Darkbeasts, those that the humans came to call Nightgaunts and other names, were thick in the dark forested hills lying against the WorldSpine. The Nithgaard fought for several centuries to cleanse the darkbeasts from their chosen land, and finally the Nithgaard drove them north over the WorldSpine, into the LandAbove.
To the East, in the isles off the coast, the Nithgaard discovered the lair of a great dragon. The ship that landed upon his isle was all but destroyed, the dragon leaving a pittance of the crew behind to spread word of his dominance of the isle. It is said that Queen Gliadrachan herself went to treat with the Dragon, so that the Nithgaard could sail the channels around the isle in peace, as long as they did not land on Dragon Isle.

The rise of humans was watched carefully, yet the Nithgaard did nothing to help nor hinder the fledgling race until the first kingdoms began ... and then only offered to trade after the humans 'discovered' the Nithgaard first. In all matters the Nithgaard tried to stay neutral, apart from the humans.
There were exceptions to this. A group, lead by a charismatic Nith, argued with Queen Gliadrachan and sought to aid the humans. He gathered a sizable following amongst the Nithgaard, and forced Gliadrachan to act. She cast a spell-curse upon them, causing them and their children to grow hair black as night, and then banished them all from Aethelmearc. Those that did not make it outside the borders were slaughtered, and are hunted down as traitors to the Nithgaard to this day. The name of their leader was struck from all records, and only in whispers is it suggested he was the Queen's wayward son.

This status has lasted for the last five centuries. They trade with the humans, yet very few humans are allowed to venture beyond one of the five border cities. None have met Queen Gliadrachan herself, for she never leaves Taranach, yet her magics allow her to converse with her nobles and her ambassadors with ease.

However, within the last few years, something has caught the Nithgaard's notice. The long-banished darkbeasts have started sneaking over the WorldSpine in numbers. The WitchKing Malevan's defeat of the monsters have driven them south yet again, and the Queen is watching the Confederacy of Dusk closely. As for the so-called Grey Elves that fled to the south ... no one can be sure of the Queen's mind.

Nithgaard Order of Battle:

Standing Army (Archers:all totals +1 for Experience/Magic)
The Ree - Short bow: 10,000 (30)
The Erne - Longbow: 10,000 (40)
The Corrib - Skirmisher-Scouts: (light cavalry) 5,000 (10)
The Neagh - Med. Infantry: 10,000 (10)
The Deru - Heavy Infantry: 6000 (9)
Militia: 20,000 (20) (Called up as needed from populace)

Queen's Guard
led by Sir Mangus Cnoic-na-Mori (Champion 1)
Elite Archers: 5000 (25)
Elite Griffon Cavalry: 1000 (8)

Navy:
Scout Ships 200 (10)
Light Warships 100 (10)

Heros and Generals
The Chiachglas (Mages Circle) (10)
Five ruling nobles McRee, McErne, NicCorrib, McNeagh, NicDeru (Champions 5)
Queen Gliadrachan NicErne (Heroic Mage 2)
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Village Idiot would like to join the game. Here'sthe map with his position on it.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The Koronan Empire

Symbol: A silver Eagle with wings spread, in it's mouth it carries a laural, a shield in it's left claw and a mace in it's right. This is set infront of a red on top, black on bottom field.

Government: The Government of the Koronan Empire is often in flux. Most often it is switches between various Monarchys and Theocracys. The sense of an Imperial Kaina is still something relatively fresh to the citizens of the Koronan Empire who have been in tribes for much of their history.

Races: Dark skinned humans who refer to themselves as Kainans.

Population Centers: There are 14 cities that are a part of the Koronan Empire, spread out throughout most of the territory. The capital city is called Bailin, a large walled city which stands as the gem of the Koronan Empire. A number of fortresses are placed in strategically important locations and towns dot the countryside.

Trade:
imports- steel, furs, silk, precious metals
exports- cotton, fish, spices, fine cloth, wine

Religion: The Holy Church of Dahhok.

"There is but one god worthy of worhip and that god is Dahhok." While the Church of Dahhok does not state that there are no other gods but Dahhok, it believes that these other gods are inferior to the 'One God'. As such worship of other gods, or, heaven forbid, a multitude of gods is seen as heretical. The Koronan Empire will still form trade agreements with nations that follow a multitude of gods, they will not enter into permanent alliances with such heathens.

Dahhok himself is worshipped in one of his three forms. That of the warrior, that of the scholar, or that of the family man. Each of these forms are worshipped more or less equally in the Empire, as it is taught that only through an understanding of all three forms can one truly gain salvation. It is still recognized that each form has it's strength though, as such this equal worship can change between times of war and times of peace, or if a famine or plague is running through the state. Dahhok is worshipped as a benevolent god, bringing good cheer and moral wealth to those who worship him, and helping his worshippers against those who do not believe in him.

As a counterpoint to Dahhok is the three unnamed daemons. Representing hate, cowardice, and ignorance. Legends say that deep within the vaults of the Central Ecclesiarchy lies tomes which name these daemons. But out of fear of even these creatures names they have been lost to the ages. Despite this cults devoted to these daemons occasionally spring up, though they are quickly put down by the inquisitors and their assistants.

Those who die are cremated, their ashes thrown to a strong North wind where they will be collected by Dahhok's servants and either be judged wholesome worshippers join Dahhok to become one of his many servants. Those who are not judged worthy are buried deep into the earth where they will serve some good as fertilization for the ground.

The Holy Church of Dahhok believes heavily in conversion attempts and has many missionaries across the continent, working in their churches to spread the word of Dahhok and his prophets teachings. The Koronan Empire has moved away from a militaristic conversion as of late, prefering a more diplomatic method.

The Holy Father, based in the Empire's capital of Bailin, is a native-born Kainan named Jonathon Fitz. The Head Father of the Koronan Empire is Armillo Maleri.

Culture: The Kainan are a proud people, though a divided people. Many citizens still think in terms of the old tribes of Kainan rather than a united Kainan race. As such while a Kainan will fight to the death over their own land, they are less likely to defend a neighbor, and some of the old rivalries survive to this day.

History: For thousands of years the Kainan have been expanding across the continent, so much so that they have a presence in much of the East. But these nations were always very independant of one another and as such have never become a military threat. As the Kainan spread East, they uncovered a great power to the East, a dragon of unimaginable power who did not take kindly to being disturbed. It destroyed most of the force that had come to investigate. Unexplicably however, it lost interest with the Kainan quickly after first contact. The reason remains unknown, as though many believed the dragon capable of speaking practically any tongue it wished, it did not deign to speak anything but it's own language.

It was only within the last thousand years that some Kainan have begun forming into empires, some with more success than others. On the land now occupied by the Koronan Empire this process of empire building came about with the Church of Dahhok, in the city of Vailen on the Southernmost shore. It quickly spread, absorbing tribes into it's influence, reaching the northernmost shore, though it did not reach to the Western portion of the land. The kingdom, the Holy Valien Empire, was a theocracy, but within one hundred years internal strife caused it to collapse, especially once it's founder, a woman named Leah Astrof, died.

Shortly after the collapse of the Holy Valien Empire the Western tribes united into a confederacy and through military strength expanded East, this confederacy managed to take over most of the land that the Koronan Empire currently inhabits, taking on the Holy Church of Dahhok as their official religion. The Confederation of Wodir lasted for one hundred and fifty years, expanding their influence to the Kainan on the smallest of the islands directly off their coast. Eventually, internal disputes once again split up the kingdom. Outside of the kingdom, it was about this time that other Kainan began having more contact with the kingdoms around them.

Fifty years after the fall of the Confederation of Wodir, The Koronan Empire came into being in it's first dynasty. The capital city of Gehern, based in the Western portion of the kingdom expanded quickly to the borders of the Confederation. Fifty years after it was formed, there was a coup as the Holy Father grabbed control of the Empire, relocating it's capital to the Holy city of Valien again. The Kainan once again changed to a theocracy for eighty years until the death of Holy Father Nikolas. A general at this point in time made his bid for power and succeeded, ruling harshly for twenty years from Valien before he and his entire family was assassinated by his own guards and another general took control of the Empire, moving the capital once more, this time to Bailen. During the first rulers reign, the Koronan Empire was expanded to the larger island to their West. This dynasty has managed to last for the longest at an unprecedented 170 years.

Military:

Magic: Magic has been actively pursued by the Kainan since their discovery of the great dragon. Kainan magic is very different though, instead of focusing upon more potent magic, they opted to study a stronger magic. The Kainan's magic circulates around runes that, most often, are carved into the item. This makes the magic extremely resilient as, to break the magic, you must break the item the magic is on. The runes can still be overpowered, but this takes some effort.

Strengthen- This rune increases the durability of whatever it is placed on, be it armor, shield, weapon, or wall. The rune takes about 2 hours to finish.

Fire Resistance- A rune that will be used most often on the boats or battering rams. The rune makes the boat almost completely resistant to all forms of conventional fire. The passengers are still quite susceptible. This rune takes about three hours to finish, longer on bigger objects.

Greater Fire resistance- This rune is also most often to be used on the boats, this protects the ship from all conventional flames and most magical flames. Again, the passengers are another story. This rune takes about a week to finish.

Magical Protection- This rune, when placed, counteracts the effects of magic directly in contact with the rune covered object. This includes fireballs (heat is still a problem), but not if a large rock is dropped on the person. The rune can still be overpowered by a moderately powerful mage champion. This rune takes about 2 hours to complete.

Greater Magical Protection- This rune acts the same way it's lesser does, but it is much harder to overpower the rune. Taking a mage hero to overpower it. This rune takes about a week to complete.

Area Protection- A recently discovered addition to the Magical Protection rune, this allows the effects of the magical protection to protect a bubble around the rune aproximately 15 meters in diameter. This rune adds an additional hour to the time needed to make a magical protection rune, another day to the Greater Magical Protection rune.

Lighten- This rune approximately halves the weight of the object it is placed on. Takes about three hours to complete.

Guide- This rune is placed on the arrows of assassins. The rune guides the arrow, to a small extent, and thus making it harder to miss. All the user must do is whisper the name of the target and the arrow will pinpoint them. Each arrow is specified to a target. This rune takes about two hours to complete.

Light- A more household rune, this rune simply lights up an area the size a normal fire would, it gives off almost no heat in comparison however. This rune takes about an hour to complete.

Heat- Another household rune, this rune gives off very little light but gives off a great deal of heat, allowing a room to be heated in cold conditions. This rune takes about an hour to complete.

Explosive- When a rune is done wrong, it will simply be inert, useless. This style of rune however proved to be extremely volatile, able to create large holes in stone walls once it explodes. The rune takes an hour to complete and explodes ten minutes after its completion.

Healing- This is the only rune that does not require being etched into the target, it does however require human blood to work. This rune quickly heals wounds, but it cannot heal grievous wounds. This rune takes about one minute to complete.

Seeing- One of the first runes used by the Kainan, this rune is etched into the side of two mirror like objects. When one is activated it allows the user to see and hear what is going on at the opposite mirror. These objects are spread out along the cities to allow for quick contact, another mirror is given to each general, and all spies have one such mirror. All the mirrors go to the mirror room at the capital city. This rune takes about one week to complete.

Important Figures:
Last edited by Charon on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

Would it be at all possible to get a 'general' geographical overlay of the world. Instead of a political map, maybe overlay something that has mountains, major rivers, maybe where the arctic circle begins, etc.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Masterharper wrote:Would it be at all possible to get a 'general' geographical overlay of the world. Instead of a political map, maybe overlay something that has mountains, major rivers, maybe where the arctic circle begins, etc.
You can create those within your territory within reason. FOr example, I have a few tributaries of a major river running through my territory that feed the lakes
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

I was intending that request to be more on a world-sized scale. creating within my territory is fine, although I'm leaving it unchanged as to the basic world, and I was understanding that pretty much everybody had 'sideways north america, geographically' goin on. I just want something to reference. :wink:
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

You have two mountain ranges one runs along the North coast, the other along the South. The Equator is a bit south of the tropics, so Lia, Nitram and one of the NPC powers are in the upper tropics. Rogue, Stosfk, myself and others in that band lay in the warm temperatures. Wet springs, hot stormy summers, long autmns and mild winters. In the eastern part of the continent is mostly plains with light forest, while the west is more heavily forested. You live in the artric part of the continent. It snows. Alot.

Cyanical Cat lives in the colder part of the Temperate zone. There are seasonal shifts and winter is longer and colder then what people of my nation would enjoy.