Star Wars: Cost of Hope

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Hotfoot

#201 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Several people have informed me that they are not feeling well, so I think it's best to postpone the game tonight.
Hotfoot

#202 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

This week should be Star Wars unless there are problems.
Hotfoot

#203 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Reminder: This week is Star Wars
Hotfoot

#204 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Reminder, Star Wars this Sunday.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#205 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by rhoenix »

I'll be a bit late to the game tonight, unfortunately - I made plans to see Wonder Woman with a friend, but I might be up to an hour late for the game due to the timing.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#206 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by rhoenix »

...Or not. Movie was sold out.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

#207 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Reminder, Star Wars this weekend.
Hotfoot

#208 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Star Wars this Sunday as a reminder.
Hotfoot

#209 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Once again, we are on course for Star Wars this weekend.
White Haven
Disciple

#210 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by White Haven »

Hotfoot wrote:So, this isn't likely going to matter much for my game, given the absolute sparsity of Cortosis in the Rebellion Era (No, I don't care what the book says. It also mentions the Force Unleashed. I elect to ignore parts of it as I see fit), but I have been working on a fix to the Cortosis Quality for Armor Modifications.

The proposed alteration as it stand will be as follows. Instead of utterly ignoring pierce and breach, which is silly, it will instead do the following:

Against Pierce, pierce ratings are halved (rounded down).

Against Breach, armor is halved (rounded up).

This prevents Breach from making the armor utterly useless, while not making breach itself utterly useless. Pierce is reduced, but not ignored completely, and thus everyone is happy and Cortosis remains a general benefit for all involved. Weapons with Cortosis do not change.

But what, one might ask, of weapons with a breach of 2 or greater? Well, most of those will simply annihilate you on raw damage, so I wouldn't worry, honestly. What of Pierce Ratings of higher than 5? Perhaps even Pierce Ratings of 10? We'll cross that bridge if it ever comes up.

CynCat may or may not use these rules or variations thereof for his game, that will be up to him, I am presenting them here for discussion and so there is a written version available for people to look at.
Okay, I was bored at work today so I took a stab at my lingering feel of 'something's not quite right' with your Cortosis rules. The scaling operates in weird directions. At normal PC, non-84 soak values, it works fine-ish. As soak goes higher, however, Cortosis starts to get less effective against Breach 1 weapons, not more. At 5 soak, Cortosis leaves a Breach 1 weapon dealing with 3 soak. At 10, it leaves it dealing with 5 soak. At 15, it leaves it dealing with 8 soak. At 20, 10 soak, which is exactly the same as if it didn't have Cortosis at all. Above 20, Breach 1 actually ignores more soak against armour with Cortosis than without.

This leads to the strange case of a Cortosis-weave bathrobe being a higher relative increase in defense against a lightsaber than cortosis-weave-reinforced heavy battle armour. The heavier armour does have more actual total soak against Breach 1 than the lighter armour (at least below heights that not even 84 plumbs), but there's a curve here operating in a weird direction. The Pierce rules doesn't have this problem, as it stays nice and linear.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Hotfoot

#211 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Star Wars this Sunday.
Karrick
Initiate

#212 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Karrick »

I am going to be without computer tonight. I hate to miss two sessions in a row, but family things have come up.
Hotfoot

#213 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Well we'd love to have you, but I understand. Hope the family stuff is positive, and we'll see you next time.
Hotfoot

#214 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

For personal reasons I would rather not go into I am putting this game on hiatus for the time being. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to the next session.