Vampire: The Masquerade

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

White Haven
Disciple

#226 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by White Haven »

This is becoming a pattern, so I think it's time to bite the bullet. For an assortment of reasons, I'm withdrawing from the Monday game. Nobody's fault but my own, it's just a very busy day for me these days and when I'm not occupied, I'm frequently too tired to really get inside Ciara's head any longer. Apologies all around, and Marcus, go wear Perpenna's skull as a helmet for me.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Lys
Master

#227 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Lys »

We'll miss you man, i really liked Ciara as a character. She was much fun to have around, and i was looking forward to the time when Lucretia and Ciara finally got to discussing religions and philosophy with each other. Still, you do what's best for you, if you're not feeling it then you're not feeling it.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#228 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by rhoenix »

Indeed. Take care of yourself WH, and I think we'll all miss Ciara.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#229 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

White Haven wrote:Apologies all around, and Marcus, go wear Perpenna's skull as a helmet for me.
Pareo, Hibernica.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#230 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

So, do we have vampire today?
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#231 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

I shall be a bit later than usual tonight, due to rain and traffic and a meeting that lasted until the heat death of the universe. Please feel free to be beaten by Malkavians in my absence.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#232 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Cynical Cat »

Just a reminder, no Vampire this Monday.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#233 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Cynical Cat »

Reminder that again there is no Vampire.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Marcao
Disciple

#234 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Marcao »

I may not be able to play Vampire tonight guys and gals. I will try and give an update closer to game time.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Lys
Master

#235 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Lys »

Merchantile Company of Cape Matapan and the Latin Quarter of Constantinople

We the undersigned, in order to pool our collected resources, secure and expand our newfound wealth, and advance our various individual and collective aims, do ordain and establish this merchantile company charter.

The company's initial assets will be divided into shares of 100 Genose lira. One tenth of these shares shall go to each of the seven founders, with the remaining three tenths held by the company itself.

Each share holds an equal portion of the company's profits and losses, which will be divided accordingly at the end of each year. (New Year's Day is December 25th in Genoa.)

Further shares may be bought from the company in exchange for assets invested into the company, and existing shares may be sold back to the company at face value. The rate in both cases is 100 lira per share. However shares will not be issued or redeemed until after profits or losses have been distributed at the end of the year.

In order to ensure solvency, one fifth of all outstanding shares must at all times be owned by the company. If necessary a tax shall be levied upon the share holders to maintain this portion.

The company will be directed by a Council composed of the seven largest share holders, who shall elect one among their number as Council President. The President will hold that position until the chair is resigned or a replacement is elected by majority vote of the Council.

The President shall appoint a Rector as well as any other officials required to manage the day to day affairs of the company. It is the President's responsibility to oversee the officials and ensure that they are discharging their duties in accordance to the directives issued by the Council.

The Council may amend the provisions in this charter with a two thirds majority vote in favour of the new provisions.

[Medieval corporate law boilerplate goes here. The most important and oldest part of which is that a corporation has judicial personality with all that entails. They are additionally considered voluntary associations, in the sense that joining is voluntary, and derive their legal power from that rather than any higher authority. Consequently corporations have the right to tax, regulate, and punish their members. This is very useful to us because our employees and householders can be considered members of our company, which expands our legal authority over them, and in some cases makes it possible to shield them and ourselves from the law. Various provisions for all this are in the charter.]
Lys is lily, or lilium.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#236 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Cynical Cat »

REMINDER

VAMPIRE IS BACK ON!
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#237 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

Due to traffic delays and assorted chaos, I will be a bit late to the game today. I hope to be home between 5:40 and 6. Please feel free to begin the adventures of Incestia Magna and the Helgi's Unkindness show without me, and I will show up as soon as I can.

Lys
Master

#238 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Lys »

Clearly we need to use more lube to get Cataminus Minor to come early.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#239 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

My random sore-throat and cough has become a sinus cold. I am going to try to function, but my brain is operating on less than its usual processing power.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#240 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

Lys wrote:Clearly we need to use more lube to get Cataminus Minor to come early.
I double-dare you to say this to Marcus' face. Hell, I double-dare you to hint in the approximate direction of this in Marcus' general presence.

Lys
Master

#241 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Lys »

Since you started it, how about you call Lucretia Incestia Magna to her face first?
Lys is lily, or lilium.
rhoenix

#242 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by rhoenix »

Now, now, let's not have things devolve into a simple brawl. Let there be rules here, and let us act as civilized beings might, and have you two formally announce and begin a proper duel.

Also, I call winner.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#243 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by frigidmagi »

10$ on Cataminus Minor!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Marcao
Disciple

#244 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Marcao »

Sorry ladies and gents but I will not be able to partake in festivities and the game tonight. I had a last minute work thing that is due tomorrow, so I will be doing some work from home tonight. I apologize for the inconvenience. :(
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#245 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

I'm likely to wind up a bit late for the game tonight, as the traffic this morning was more awful than usual and I have no reason to expect it'll be different on the way home. Wish me luck.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#246 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by General Havoc »

Once again the thirty-headed Traffic beast known as Traffica rears its filthy bulk to stop my transit home. I shall likely be a bit late as a result. Please blame Ben until I can get there to do so myself.

rhoenix

#247 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by rhoenix »

I indeed got summoned into work today, and will therefore be unable to make it to the game. Please consider Matthias as helping to kill off those holding Isaac hostage with lance charges, trampling the unfortunate with his war-horse, and slashing with his blade.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

#248 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by rhoenix »

I'm going to try listening in on the game at least on my phone tonight, and participate how I can. Since my work blocks FB messaging, I humbly ask that someone PM me here on the forums to let me know whether we're going on Skype or Discord.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

#249 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by rhoenix »

P.S. Roll20 evidently doesn't run on mobile devices.

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

#250 Re: Vampire: The Masquerade

Post by Hotfoot »

rhoenix wrote:P.S. Roll20 evidently doesn't run on mobile devices.
It does, and there is an app for that.