Star Wars: The Tide Turns (VOIP Game)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Ah, I was just going to say that Wednesday is suboptimal for me, but it looks like the issue has resolved itself in any case.
Marcao
Disciple

#302 proposal for time skip

Post by Marcao »

Hey guys,

I wanted to propose that a small time skip take place now that we are in Sullust. Erik will need 1-2 weeks in order to fully upgrade the aggressive negotiations via starship designer. He will need a month to design the Vampire/Valence. So a time jump from now until the next session will be useful to him. What do you guys think?

Alan
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

EDIT: ....har, nevermind - I way misread earlier posts.

See ya'll next week.
Last edited by rhoenix on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Just to clarify, I do intend for there to be a game this coming Tuesday/Wednesday or Wednesday/Thursday. Alan is talking about an in-game progression of time, not out of game real world scheduling. He can do those rolls right now so hard he would break his desk.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Awesome, awesome. Works for me.

I'm going to sound like a True Blood groupie, since I'm having happy dreams of Vampires now.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I can do Tuesday or Wednesday next week and Tuesday (although I'll be a little late) of the following week.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Thursday works for me guys, not sure about Wednesday.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Sounds good; Wednesday (my time) works for me.

- William Gibson

Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Wednesday works for me. :smile:
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Wednesday it is then.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Marcao is a monster, that is all.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Hotfoot wrote:Marcao is a monster, that is all.
But he brings cookies. And credits. Lots of credits.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, on a more serious note, I've decided that the pricing of starship munitions is a little silly (I mean, some grenades cost more than starship missiles), so as a result, I have a plan for modifying the costs somewhat. Increasing the cost of the munitions by the weapon's damage multiplier should keep the prices within reason, while reducing their desirability for IEDs over, say, explosive charges.

Additionally, and this rule will be going into effect as a clarification, you will not be able to use the handle explosives skill function of mechanics to do more than set specialized explosives. The multiplication of damage and the ignoring DR will only apply to charges are not already shaped (missiles would considered to be shaped for these purposes). This is to prevent crazy shit like x15 damage proton torpedoes set on enemy ships.

The proposed changes to price would put light concussion missiles at 1,000, medium concussion missiles at 1,500, and proton torpedoes at 4,000.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Ouch. That means Kel can possibly rack up 70,000 credits (64,000 from 16 protons, and 4 medium concussion) in costs per space battle. That might get ugly.

Right - time for a second job.

- William Gibson

Marcao
Disciple

#315 Interesting Moments from last game.

Post by Marcao »

Hey Guys,

I think that this was one of the better moments in last game so I wanted to write it out briefly and let you know how I thought it should have played out. I won't write the whole thing, just the moment after the Vampire/Valence design had been completed and the 4 R2 units had gotten their oil bath and were back on the ship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Zaar walked purposefully through the halls of the Aggressive Negotiations towards the lower levels of the cargo hold. He turned his head and glanced over his shoulder, the four protocol droids followed behind him dutifully. For a moment, a fraction of a second he felt a moment of doubt.

I can still use them. This ship needs a means of repairing itself in combat.

The thought was seductive but he dispelled it and looked away. The reality of the situation demanded decisive action. He could not afford to look back. He had been taught that those of noble blood had to make the hard decisions because those beneath them could not. This was such a decision. His arrival on the lower cargo bay was an auspicious one. His head turned from side to side and he walked over towards the rear of the bay. His head turned and he watched as the droids followed each other in single file before turning before him and presenting themselves in a line. An airlock laid within his line of sight.

"Thank you for your diligence and hard work." He said politely as he took a step towards the first droid. His right hand reached out and within moments, the first droid was turned off. It was a tribute to their programming and the recent memory wipe that there was no apparent reaction from the others. It took less than thirty seconds for the rest of the droids to be turned off. It was only when they were all turned off, that he began his work. He had earlier secured a single proton torpedo from storage. The warhead along with others had been graciously provided by the Alliance to be used against his enemies. He would use this one to solve a problem.

It took less than five minutes and three rolls of mesh tape to secure the warhead to its intended target. The four protocol droids had been taped together around the device, blissfully unaware of what was transpiring around them. Erik watched the amalgam he had constructed dispassionately, as it rested in the airlock and walked around the construct while his hands tested the strength and placement of the bonds that held the droids to each other as well as their deadly payload.

"That should do it." He said.

His eyes watched the amalgam for a few moments longer before he took a step back and then another. He turned on his heels and walked away, the airlock closed behind him and separated his newly born creation from the rest of the ship. His left hand reached out, a button was pressed and lights flashed on a console. The outer door opened and his creation was pulled out of the Aggressive Negotiations and into the cold awaiting arms of space.

He watched the empty airlock for a few moments longer before he pressed another button and the outer door locked. He took a deep breath and held it before he walked away and made his way back to the bridge. Within a minute of his arrival the engines fired and the Aggressive Negotiations moved away.

(play this song)

As the Citadel-class cruiser separated from its cargo, the amalgam tumbled in space end over end with a slight rotation. Outwardly, the droids slept peacefully as the first minute passed. There were no memories to explore, no nightmares to face. The droid were a unified whole, both in body and mind as they waited for the next time they would be awoken. That moment never came. As the second minute passed, a signal unseen to even robotic eyes was emitted from the Citadel-class cruiser which nearly instantly reached the construct floating in the night of space. As it did so, the proton torpedo at the center of the construct exploded in near perfect unison as the Citadel-class cruiser slipped into hyperspace.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

rhoenix wrote:Ouch. That means Kel can possibly rack up 70,000 credits (64,000 from 16 protons, and 4 medium concussion) in costs per space battle. That might get ugly.

Right - time for a second job.
Kel, I can almost guarantee you that if we keep doing what we are doing we won't have to worry about this sort of ammunition costs. The alliance takes care of its own. Besides, most of us have at least 100k in the bank at all times.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Marcao wrote:Besides, most of us have at least 100k in the bank at all times.
...yeah, I'm working on that...

- William Gibson

Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'm afraid I'll have to cancel out this week, Wednesday has turned out to be problematic for me. Unless we can do it Thursday? (but didn't someone - Julian IIRC - say they can't do Thursday this week?)

I wouldn't want you guys to lose out on my account. If you guys can play on without me you should. :smile:
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Yeah, I can't do Wednesday (or Thursday as you mutants from down under insist on calling it).
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Day 2 (Wed/Thurs) is right out for me because of the convention that starts at 6PM that very day and goes until Sunday. I have a LOT to do that day, so yeah, that won't work.

We'll see how it goes. It may be I have to take the week off myself just to get things finished and ready to go. Sadly, I won't be coming back with an alt event this time.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Perhaps a break this week would be for the best considering that I am going to be late both days as I have to work right up to the game start point.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Fair enough. We'll reconvene next week and see how that goes.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

how does thursday this week sound?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Sounds like you don't want to game with me holmes. Only Tuesday, Pacific Coast Time, works for me.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

nah i only asked if thursday worked for people, i can do it wednesday