Transformers: The Lost Light

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#126 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by LadyTevar »

Pathfinder had hit the brakes hard to avoid the head falling on him. When Outrunner pulled up, Pathfinder had transformed and was looking over the scrapped head with interest. "Guardian knockoff, hmm?" he said, looking over to Outrunner. "Only thing that this one did was repeat a number. Two thousand something, I didn't catch it all."

Pathfinder transformed back as Breakout ordered the search continue. "You joining us, Outrunner?"

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#127 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:The Autobot weapons impacted the Legislator - it's armor already severely damaged, vital internal components visible and vulnerable to weapons fire, the Cybertronian Machine short circuited, doubled over on itself, and exploded outward as internal power conduits ruptured catastrophically.

Within a few moments, it was all over, the head landing only a few meters ahead of Pathfinder.

Swerve skidded to a halt, transforming to his robot mode, and blinking several times as he looked at the smoking crater that was the orangy-bronzed robots resting place.

"What the hell was THAT?" he wondered a loud - Legislatures were for all intents and purposes knock off Guardian Droids utilized by Chief Justice Tyrest.....or last utilized several hundred years ago. No one had really seen them in Vorns and Vorns - unless they had not been decomissioned properly.
Transforming back into his robot form, Novawing descended to the ground, nearby the fallen Legislator. Extending one of his energy blades, he deftly slashed through the chest casing of the large robot to reveal the innards, including where the spark casing would be kept. As he did, he sent out a comm to the others. "This is Novawing. Assailant is confirmed as a Legislator, I'm beginning preliminary examination now. I'll need a proper tech crew here soon."

Once he was satisfied that there were no immediate hidden surprises with the corpse of the Legislator, Novawing relaxed slightly, though kept up all his attention on his surroundings. "Nice shot, Hornet," he said, even as he continued examining the Legislator's frame.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#128 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by frigidmagi »

Transforming back into his robot form, Novawing descended to the ground, nearby the fallen Legislator. Extending one of his energy blades, he deftly slashed through the chest casing of the large robot to reveal the innards, including where the spark casing would be kept. As he did, he sent out a comm to the others. "This is Novawing. Assailant is confirmed as a Legislator, I'm beginning preliminary examination now. I'll need a proper tech crew here soon."
"Novawing, let someone else poke it. We got downed Autobots to look for remember? Get back in the air. The rest of you. These things are dead. The dead can wait. Our friends out there are not dead, but waiting can make them dead. Get back on the search. Move out." I said, trying to keep my voice level.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#129 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by rhoenix »

frigidmagi wrote:"Novawing, let someone else poke it. We got downed Autobots to look for remember? Get back in the air. The rest of you. These things are dead. The dead can wait. Our friends out there are not dead, but waiting can make them dead. Get back on the search. Move out." I said, trying to keep my voice level.
Nodding to himself, Novawing retracted his energy blade, and marked the Legislator on his noosphere map. That finished, he replied via his comm. "Acknowledged, Breakout - en route now."

With that, he turned to Hornet. "Hornet, I'm going back to search and rescue," he said, before transforming back into his transatmospheric fighter form, and resuming his search.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#130 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by General Havoc »

Hornet had not landed following his missile launch, but scrambled for more altitude as the Legislator blew up. As Novawing took back to the air and the orders came in to do likewise, Hornet made a wide turn around the smoke cloud, rolling over in a corkscrew as he did so almost without thinking about it.

"Thanks," he chirped to Novawing as Nova congratulated him on his shot. On some level, Hornet knew that missiles really aimed themselves, but he wasn't above taking credit for it. It was, after all, the first missile he'd fired, even in practice, since leaving Earth.

"What... what was that thing?" he asked over his radio. He'd heard the name of course and some snippets of explanation, but that was not the same thing as knowing what it was. "How come it tried to shoot us down?"
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#131 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by Dark Silver »

Cynical Cat wrote: There was nothing Deathstrike could physically do to stop Whirl, but he was still armed with contempt, hate, and an extensive data files containing terms of abuse. "He's not a 'con, but he is helpless, so I guess that makes him exactly the kind of victim you're capable of taking on. Beating helpless prisoners to death while they lie shackled in cells was kind of the high point of your fighting career, but you screwed that up too you sparkless piece of scrap. You're walking proof that what the Autobots really are is a new paint job on old Functionalist thugs."
Tailgate watched as the scene before him, the Decepticon in a Minicon body talk down to the crazy one eyed Autobot. Tailgate had no clue what happened, but assumed he was now stuck in some sort of mental ward.

Whirl, for his part, looked blankly at Deathstrike, his body turned from the unconscious Cyclonus, and took several steps towards him. "Fine, if you're gonna make such a noise about it, how about I put YOU offline? We know exactly what you are, you Decepticon slagpile!"

Whirl leaped at Deathstrike, only for his forward momentum to become quickly arrested, and the blue Autobot Psychopath fall face first into the deck plating. Cyclonus stood behind Whirl, gripping one of the outstretched legs, and looking down upon him. "Are you two alright?" he asked, his foot falling down heavily on whirl's lower back and twisting.

--------------

Ultra Magnus' voice replied over the comms, "Good work Soldier. Mark the spot on Planetary Map for salvage, and proceed with your mission. Outrunner, make contact with Breakout's team if you haven't yet and proceed with them on the S&R."

With the Legislators destroyed, the planet was once again it's version of quiet - the orangey-red rock going on for kliks upon kliks in all directions. No signs of any life, biological or mechanical. They would arrive at their appointed grid within the hour.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#132 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by Cynical Cat »

"I am now," Deathstrike replied. "Your acquaintance is a killer by the name of Whirl, who has a history of trying to kill the helpless. He is, however, a member of the Autobots and thus part of faction that is running this mission. It's unlikely that they'll seriously discipline him, because they would have done so already if they were inclined. Crippling or killing him might be prudent."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#133 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by LadyTevar »

Pathfinder was in his element, exploring a new world, being quite possible the first Cybertronian to set foot on the planet, and blazing a trail that others may or may not follow in the future. He kept a strict map of the terran he crossed and his fellow searchers crossed, taking stills of the flora he passed for the real scientists to pour over as he once would take pictures of 'Con defences as he ran by.

A pity this was far too much like the War, runing a rescue op after someone bombed your ship. "We're getting close, Breakout, how are we runing this?"

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#134 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by frigidmagi »

A pity this was far too much like the War, runing a rescue op after someone bombed your ship. "We're getting close, Breakout, how are we runing this?"
"We stay in formation. If you find someone call out and stop, the rest of us will stop to and I'll call it in. See if they're awake or in need of emergency repair. After that we'll make the call." I reply. I shift my freq to Hornet and Nova.

"Air Patrol, this is ground, see anything up there?" I ask.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#135 Re: Transformers: The Lost Light

Post by General Havoc »

"No," chirped Hornet. "There's... there's nothing up here."

He was silent for a little bit, cruising on the equivalent of Autopilot, before inevitably chiming in with another question.

"What... what was that thing? That... Legislator." He pronounced the name as though he wasn't sure of how it was meant to be said. "Why'd it shoot at us? D'you think... d'you think there's more?"

Hornet semi-consciously flipped on his active sensors, pinging away for any signs of other enemies. He did so because they would allow him to pick up enemies from a legitimate distance. His sensor suite was one of the few systems that was competitive with even other full-size Transformers.

Of course, active sensors meant that the enemy could identify him from further away too. But it was doubtful that even crossed his mind.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."