Werewolf: Chapter 3 "Carolina Moon"

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Food! Food! We are hungry!!" the Raven Mocker cawed fearfully.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

"So are we," snarled Sophie in as savage a voice as she could muster, as she leaned in over the pinned Raven. She was new to the whole slavering intimidation thing, but Crinos was her natural form after all, and she knew how to put on a show with it.

"Tell us why you picked this man, or we'll feed you to the storm crow and pick our teeth with what's left."
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"You kin... let it go..." a tired old voice came from the bed. "Or set ... set it on fire... that kills... them..."

The Raven Mocker started cawing in fear, struggling to get free. It wasn't often that a Raven Mocker's prey woke up.

The elderly man winced at the noise. "Jis'... jis' shut 'em up, wha'ere ya do, brothers."

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Ah fire," said Alex as he pulled the Raven Mocker out of the bedroom. "Such a useful monkey trick. What do you think Soph?"
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The Mocker thrashed desperately, but Alex held onto it. "Aw, isn't it cute?" he asked. "It's like bathing a cat." He headed toward the back of the house.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Sophie was unsure of this one. Bane-spirit or not, roasting a captured spirit alive seemed like a bit much, considering everything. But Alex had done this more times than she had, and in this case, she was prepared to see what he had in mind. Leaving Sees-Faces to look after the old man for a moment, she followed Alex outside, where he was dragging the screaming raven mocker.

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

His form seeming to shudder for a moment, Sees-Faces' form shrunk down to his normal lupus form, and padded softly over to the old man on the bed, sniffing him gently. "What can I get you, Elder One?" he barked softly in Garou.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The old man turned his head, giving the lupine next to him a faint smile. When he spoke, his voice was still raspy and weak, and he paused often to catch his breath. "The Mother will help me heal, if you will watch over me until nightfall, Elder Brother. Then, I will be too strong for Raven Mockers to bother."

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Finishing his inspection of the old man, Sees-Faces sat on his haunches near where the old man's head lay. His nose told him something like a chest cold stubbornly held onto the old man, but he nodded once nonetheless, speaking in the same soft voice in Garou. "Then I will watch until Sol sleeps and Luna watches from above, Elder One."
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Thank you, Elder Brother," the old man rasped. "I will Heal now."

Trusting fully in SeesFaces' promise, the old man closed his eyes and started a low, rhythmic sing-song chanting in the Cherokee language. It seemed to strengthen him, as he needed to gasp less for breath.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As the old man's breathing became more regular, Sees-Faces began to feel the currents of Gnosis begin to weave within the room, and through the old man. Though he kept his eyes fixed on the doorway, Sees-Faces' eyes seemed to droop to half-lidded as Gnosis seemed to rise off of him like steam, mixing within and reinforcing the gentle breezes of Gnosis being woven within the room by the old man.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"So," said Alex casually as he carried his captive toward the back of the house. "Do you want to share on why you show up to this particular house in such numbers or would you prefer burning?"
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Raven Mocker struggled to escape. "He was Weak! He was unprotected! He was rightful prey!"

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"And why is he important?" asked Alex. "Who wasn't protecting him? Better come up with an answer pretty quick or I'll be skewering you on a Pain Spirit and roasting you over the coals. Literally."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"The SMOKE! THE SMOKE!" The Raven Mocker screamed. "The Sacred Smoke burned out! He was HELPLESS!!!"

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

"Sacred Smoke?" asked Sophie, looking confused. Just what she needed, more mystery spiritualism.

She was tired of this, and tired of these things. It was time to play bad cop.

She concentrated on her own spiritual power, a term she hated, but one that would suffice to describe the indescribable. And as she did so, she extended her hand out to a small pile of dried brush nearby, and opened her fingers. Moments later, fire shot from her hand like a flamethrower, igniting the brush with a roar. She dialed the fire down mentally to ensure that she wasn't about to set the forest ablaze, but turned back to the Raven mocker with a ball of fire still crackling at her fingertips.

Apparently, it wasn't terribly uncommon for Werewolves to manifest the ability to control the elements, particularly among Philodox. None of Sophie's uncles however had had that capacity, and with nothing to compare it to, Sophie, as a cub, had quite naturally imagined up an explanation for her abilities that had nothing to do with reality, and much to do with the television shows she had watched then. She had since learned better, that the conjuration of fire or earth or water was an understood principle of spiritualism, another facet of the mystical, semi-spiritual nature of the Garou as a people. It had rituals associated with it, understood spiritual links, expectations. The most common name for it was simply "Elemental conjuration".

But to Sophie, it would always be Firebending.

She turned back to the Raven, an evil-looking snarl on her lupine features, flames dancing through her fingers as she stepped to one side, letting the petrified bird see the roaring bonfire she had just created.

"Start making sense," she said in Garou. "Or we'll grill you like a turkey. What is the sacred smoke, and who sent you after this man?"
Last edited by General Havoc on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"He was sick! We sensed it, across the Veil! We came, we gathered, but he burned the cedar, the Sacred Wood!" The Raven Mocker cried, struggling hard to get away from the persistant wolves, its eyes huge and staring fearfully at the fire. "The Pure One was weak, we could feast, after Sacred Cedar was gone! Then you came, stupid Wyrmbringers, you came and you kill and you hurts us!"

Inside the house, the old man's breathing got easier as SeesFace's gift of Gnosis was absorbed into the ambient aura about the bed. Outside, the raven Mocker could be heard squawking and cawing piteously, ut the old man's chanting was close and as comforting as a mother's touch.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

"Wait," said Sophie. "Wyrmbringers?"

Through the veil of spiritualism and bullshit, she was beginning to make sense of what was happening here. Then the Wyrmbringers conversation started.

"We're not the ones trying to devour somebody's life force," she said, snarling. "Watch who you call a Wyrmbringer."

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"He means Europeans," said Alex. "It's Indian Garou slang for us horrible newcomers. Still doesn't answer the question of who he answers to, so he burns."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"NO one NO ONE NOONE!!!" The Raven Mocker screamed, trying to break free to the Umbra, clawing at the Shadowlord's arms frantically.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Though he cocked an ear toward the funny-sounding squawking outside, Sees-Faces nonetheless stayed with the old homid, making sure his rest was peaceful and easy. After it appeared as if the old man had fallen asleep, Sees-Faces lay down on his stomach within the room, watching the old man sleep with vigilance.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Sophie took a step back, shaking her head as the flames crackled beside her. The Raven mocker was plainly frantic, and for her part, she believed that if he had been sent by anyone, they would know it by now. Surely nobody, not even a spirit, could act this well.

"I don't think he's got anything else to tell us," she said to Alex. This of course, left the rather thorny issue of what to do with the Raven Mocker. Incinerating it might be as much as it deserved, but frankly, Sophie felt more disgust for the thing than hate. Most of the others had gotten away. What would incinerating one more do?

"I think we should just let it go," she finally said. Let Alex object if he wanted to.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"That's one option," said Alex. He slammed Stormtalon through the Raven Mocker's chest. "Not the one I'm going to take."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The RavenMocker squawled in pain, then shimmered and faded, banished back into the Umbra to reform elsewhere.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

"That won't be permanent," said Sophie. "Or was that the point?"