The Glitch IV - Inversion (Ch. 1)

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

"Dr Crusher is on Deck Two, heading towards Turbolift 35. Doctor Crusher is in Turbolift 35....Doctor Crusher is proceeding to Deck 14, Secondary Shuttle Bay...."

The computer updated constantly on Crusher's progress through the ship. It seemed as if she was moving to quickly through the ship, but the movements were random, from the Secondary Shuttle Bay, she went to Holodeck three.....then to deck 7...

-----------

Crusher smiled softly to herself, still in the green dress, the pulse of fresh lifeforce flooded through her, and she stood before the sliding doors. She hadn't triggered them to open yet, she wanted to savor this.

The ones from the world below had such a vibrant lifeforce, they would provide a feast for her, and this one was so close...by itself in the room....no, wait..there were two of them....

Crusher smiled slowly, small fangs visible inplace of her canine teeth....

Yes, such a feast.....

She stepped towards the door, commanding them to open with her security code..

----------

"Understood Guinan." Picard looked to Worf, as the Security Chief looked over his console, "Dr Crusher just used her security code to open a suite on Deck 12 Section 34, the Staterooms."

"Security to Deck Twelve Section 34, phasers on maximum stun. Do not harm Doctor Crusher."

Picard and Worf strode towards the turbolift together, a look of concern on the bald man's face.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

"...Leah, go with Matthew." Albert said, after thinking a moment. "Maybe I'm crazy.. But I feel the need to post a guard here." He said, reaching back and feeling his warhammer carefully. "Maybe I'm very crazy. After all, I'm in the Enterprise-D."
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Ok... Crusher just met up with us, and came onto Albert in a way I'd not seen since that one episode where Data got laid." Leah laid it out. "She's not answering the nurses... and something happened over in that section to have all the nurses going nuts. Now... Yuffie is alive? After what Cloud did to her? And you're wanting us to go away and be happy Yuffie's alive."

She gave Elwyn a look that said 'get it now'? "Guard if you want, Albert... I'm going to grab and nurse and tell them where I saw Crusher and how she was acting. Maybe they can rouse the Captain and we can figure this out."

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matthew looked between Al and Leah. His eyes briefly giving away great worry. They knew, and they were going to stop Crusher. Damnit. Matthew used the worry to his advantage. "If something's wrong, I'm not leaving Yuffie. You guys go and take care of Crusher and warn the others. I'll deal with things here." Matthew turned and started walking back into the medbay.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

"Yeah, Yuffie should not have survived. The injuries she suffered are not within Star Trek's ability to fix. Trust me. People die from phaser burns in TNG, her body was shattered. And... Dr. Crusher acting like the Borg Queen in First Contact. The nurses are going crazy in another room, and Yuffie is just fine. Something is wrong. But I cant put my finger on it"

He was talking more to himself than he was to the others. Still it was out loud

"Comptuer, Locate Dr. Crusher"
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Albert gnawed on his lip. "...Unless any of you are sure of your magic, remain here. Safety in numbers." He said, finally. "Justin, that's you too. I have my warhammer. I don't know how it'll do against a phaser, but at least I'm able to fight to near-full." He glanced at the door.

"Matthew... Just make sure they know enough to defend themselves." He said. "You're not telling me everything, but I'm not gonna give a damn until after we're out of this." He unslung the warhammer and started for the door.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

"I know my spells dont work here. They draw from nature... I am too far from it. Hold on..."

He walked over to a replicator

"Computer. Replicate an oaken quarterstaff"
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matthew stepped into the medbay and looked over at the scrambling nurses who had no idea what was going on. If he warned them they'd try to stop her. If he didn't warn them she might kill them, she might not.

Matthew stood in place for a few seconds before moving towards one of the nurses.

"Something is wrong with Doctor Crusher. You should all find some place to hide, if she comes in here she'll try to kill you. We'll hold her off as best we can." Matthew looked over at where the other three were.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Magneto had scooped up the Security Men who had been trying to follow him. They were to slow. He snarled in frusration, there was no logic to her movement and he had to clamp down from tear the ship apart to get to her faster. Aha Cornered her. He placed the Security Men on their feet gently and carefully.

"I am sorry for any inconvenice gentlemen. Please follow me." He said and stalked into the room the Doctor had holed up in.

"It's over Doctor just come with me and this be settled without any undue pain and DAMN HER!" Magneto roared when he realized he been had. The computer had been tracking her comm badge... Which had been attached to a shadow null. Oh My Dear God! Not now!

With a wave of his hand Magneto attacked the shadow smashing with a metal tool kit that had been left in the room. The blow slammed into the wall where the Security Guards promptly hosed it down with their energy weapons.

"Picard! This is Magneto, she attached her com badge to a shadownull! Do you hear me, she is working with the Null!" He turnned the guards... Where...

"Half of you guard the warp corp, just in case. The other half with me!" He called and swept down the hallway.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Shit..." Leah muttered, and then tried a minor spell. "Goddess, grant me light."

She felt the divine, like a whisper too faint to hear, or a breath of wind too light to move even dust, and a pale glow flickered feebly into existance in her hand. "Well... that answered *that* question," she muttered darkly, but before she cut the spell off, the light grew brighter, gradually reaching the normal brightness for that most basic of cleric spells. "... Ok... so, there's some magic.. but I doubt my best spells are available," she revised.

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

"Then stay together! I've got all my power, I'll at least stand a chance of slowing her down." Albert scowled. What to do, what to do. Could he take a Null-infested woman? "...When the shit hits the fans, get Yuffie to a Runabout. Just get clear. With the sceptre. I might be a little slow in following."

Albert was out of the medbay, waited for the doors to shut.. ANd broke into a run.

Where were the other real-worlders?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

"Understood Magneto, we picked up her using her security clearence to open the Stateroom for the Zionist. I have security enroute, I don't want her hurt, is that understood!" he said, the turbolift flashed as it passed levels.

------------

Red lights flashed and klaxon's blared the Red Alert sequence, Data's voice coming over the conn, "Red alert, repeat, Red Alert, all hands to Battle Stations. Security to posts."

------------

The darkness soothed her, even as she looked about, yes, she could feel the pulse of lifeforce, in seperate rooms....which one should she pick first....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Leah jumped as the Red Alert started blaring, looking around frantically. The dimmer hall lights made the small glow in her hand seem even brighter. "Oh shit...." oddly, she missed being able to curse in L337. "Justin... we need to check the stateroom and see if the rest of us are there...... oh duh.. I'm so stupid. Computer! Locate all those rescued from Zion, not now in Sickbay. Inform the one called Thog of their positions!"
Last edited by LadyTevar on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Picard! She summons nulls unto the very ship itself and does God knows what else and what does he say "Oh don't hurt her!" What about everyone else on the ship?

Magneto shook his head as he flew towards the Zionist staterooms, he had to hurry. He pushed for greater speed.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Albert waited until he was a safe distance, and touched one of the communications panels. "...Computer. Inform Dr. Crusher I am awaiting her for that lunch date."

The half-giant ran towards the Doctor's quarters, hammer in hand. This was easily the... Well.. It was in the top ten of stupid moves he'd done. What was depressing was most of that ten had been since entering Zion.

Gonna smash!
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack heard the announcement.

"Shit, no weapons."

"Computer, where are the others that where brought aboard when I was?"

"They are in Sickbay, Holodeck 3 and Staterooms."

Oh, shit.

He opened his door, intending to get to the others inside the staterooms and make sure they were ok.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

"Dr Crusher, Passenger Thog is currently awaiting your lunch appointment"

Crusher's eyes flashed, as the computer spoke to her, and she inhaled deeply. She turned just as the door opened, and her eyes fell upon the human.

"So sweet.." she said, taking a step towards him....

The stopped. No, the big one would be a feast, he was merely a morsel.

She turned to the door, and rushed back into the hall.

Thog...Thog..Thog....so sweet....

she moved, a tide of darkness rising from the deckplates behind her...taking shape, and thier small red slits of eyes opening. The Bit Errors chittered loudly, continually forming as they began to rushed up and down the halls...

The Enterprise was coming down.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The computer answered Leah quickly. "They are in Holodeck 3 and Staterooms." The computer also gave Thog the announcement from the nearest communicator as he headed towards Crusher's rooms.

Leah looked to Justin. "I say we forget Yuffie for right now.. Sickbay's the best, safest place on the ship. We need to get Svi, Val, the goblin girl and Decimus."

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Thog hunkered down, breathing steadily. Albert had picked up meditation a while back, when he was disillusioned with anything and everything religious, seeking out something that would give him meaning. He hadn't found anything.

Maybe now he had. There were other realities. There was Leah. There were things worth fighting for.

Thog. I know you're in there. Thog here! Thog gonna smash baddies? I hope so. If something happens to me.. Thog know! Smash bad guys, save Le-dra! A-Bet be hero! I wish I had your optimism.

Deep inside, something rumbled. The half-giant planted his feet, and hoisted his hammer.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack was staring wide-eyed.

"What the fuck was that?"

"Computer, who was that?"

"Please specify."

"Who was the woman that was just here?"

"Dr. Crusher."

"Computer, alert the security teams, request that they post guards at our staterooms."

After that, he stepped out of the room and made sure the coast was clear.
Last edited by Agent Fisher on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Magneto swept into the deck and nearly collided with the small horde of Shadow Null. He wanted to roat with anger, this foolishness wasn't fit for the Master of Magnetism.

The Security Guards opened fire, reaving death upon the nulls. Magneto stalked forward, he could tear apart the hallway itself but... Yes but...

Please don't tear up the ship, you might damage something importent!

That is beneath my concern, I must stop the Dark Rider!

Calm! Be Calm! Use your field to bulldoze through, they can't break your shield and you won't destory the ship and kill people accidently. You don't want to kill anyone by accident do you?

I am Magneto, not a common murder. I am...

Then act like it instead of a terrorist!

Magneto snarled and snapped his bubble shield up and began to simply plow through the shadows. How dare some... Disillusion! Yes, disillusion, how dare it natter at him, MAGNETO!

"I will find Crusher! Deal with these!" He commanded.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matthew heard the red alert sirens go off, and the nurses immediately scrambled to ready for the injured and dead. Matthew sighed and walked calmly towards a replicator, pocketing a laser scalpel as he passed close to a medical tray.

"Computer. I need a broadsword, nothing too fancy, just sharp. Also, you wouldn't happen to have a personal force field generator would you?" The replicator, as useless as always, replied that it was incapable of making military weapons.

"Alright, then make me a laser scalpel that maintains it's ability to cut flesh and can be extended to three feet." Once again, the useless computer said it couldn't.

"Fine, just give me a really big scalpel."

On the replication pad a handheld object appeared. Matthew grabbed it and turned it on, a foot long spike of energy appeared and Matthew smiled before turning it off and walking into Yuffie's room.

"Don't worry hon. I won't let them get near you." Matthew kissed her forehead once more and looked down at the hand that was still placed on the image of him that he'd placed beside her. Had it moved? No. It couldn't have, Matthew once more knelt down beside Yuffie, praying for her safety and listening for the inevitable.
Last edited by Charon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Matt... " Leah said, stepping inside, looking down at the PADD briefly. Is that the real Matt? Cute.... "What happened to Yuffie? Did Crusher do something to her? IS that why you're acting so weird? Because Yuffie should be dead."

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Crusher's arrival was sudden, and she did not seem all that dissuaded by Albert's combative stance. She strode forward, her entire stance speaking of more predator than healer, her real personality swept aside by the all-consuming hunger. "I'm so glad you decided to take me up on it.. But really, put that away.."

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Albert said simply, backing into the suite with the hammer up. Better to keep it here. Less civilian casualties. Damn whoever put civilians on this ship. "You've done something, haven't you. Started causing trouble. You aren't even Crusher."

"I'm Crusher.. And more." The woman smiled, that horrific, deadly tongue licking her lips. "Why so afraid? You found my beautiful, once...."

"You got real ugly. She-bitch, let's go!" Albert snapped out his best reply, digging out of the Evil Dead movie he saw as a child, and rushed her. It was a foolproof move he'd done a hundred times; spot a weak point, charge, swing the hammer two handed...

A single sweep of her arm picked up and threw the half-giant with terrifying ease. "I'm more powerful than you could ever imagine.." She purred, stalking towards him. "But I need you..."

"Sorry, not ready for that kind of relationship!" The smart-ass in Albert blurted out as he rolled to the side and leapt up, barely blocking a lash from that tongue. What the hell that gotten into her? He barely had time to think, trying to find an opening to exploit.

No opening presented itself. Albert was beaten backwards, unable to resist the superior strength of the woman. Her speed was preternatural; she was able to close on any opening he let himself make. Already, he sported wounds from the bludgeoning and tongue-lashings.

He was a touch too slow for a fraction of a second, and the warhammer he swung back to take a strike was knocked from his hands and he was slammed to a wall.

"Now, I'm sure that made your blood pump all the sweeter... But I really am so hungry.." Crusher said, pinning Albert's half-giant form to the wall with one hand on his neck. "...Don't worry, your little redhead will join you soon..."

Albert felt the tug on his very essense. He also heard Thog. What happening?! The frightening, half-giant mind yelped. THOG NO WANNA GO TO DARK PLACE! THOG SCARED! It was like a fading voice, getting farther away. A chilling clarity fell on him. He was going to die, and next was going to be Leah...

It was, as he had picked up from his searchings of Buddhism, a moment of perfect clarity. He looked down, and saw.. Himself. No, Thog. He saw the body he had worn for a while, being drained. He saw the flow of soul itself from the body, Thog's smaller, weaker one being drawn, along with his own.

Destiny awaits. A voice-that-wasn't-a-voice boomed in his mind. A hero must stand if this fate is to be avoided by our world and yours.

Albert looked for the voice, then at the body, feeling and sensing the flow of souls. Not just his and Thog's, but Crusher's.. And the Null inhabiting her. And the Bit Errors flooding the hallway. Further out, even more..

A decision was reached. His body was enveloped in searing light as he hurtled back into it. He grabbed the flow of life energy, yanking hard with a power he never knew existed a heartbeat ago. Thog careened back into place, as did his own. And a moment later, he hauled on the Null infesting Crusher's body, stripping it out of it's vessel.

The light was blinding, but it began to fade. As the soul of pure evil was slowly digested, Albert stood up. He was truly Albert. His body had returned to it's athletic, tall, and above all, human shape. Thog was in there.. He could feel him like a comforting presense, deeper in his self. A tattoo burned brilliantly on his heart, a hammer and an axe, crossed.

The light faded. The moment of perfect clarity was gone. Albert stood over the collapsed and unconscious Crusher. He breathed slowly, trying to grasp the enormity of what had just happened, the sheer change. He felt different, far different from how he had since entering Zion. Indeed, he felt different from how he had in his own world.

A moment later, he cleared his throat. "Computer? Alert security teams that Crusher is okay.. The Null is destroyed." He said, as somewhere inside him, the soul of the foul possessing thing was digested in ways he didn't yet comprehend. "...Actually, could you replicate me some pants, first?"
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matt didn't look up at Leah as she stepped in. "You should get out of here. It's not going to be safe soon." Matthew looked over at Leah, it was obvious she wasn't going anywhere.

"She healed her Leah. For a brief, shining moment, Yuffie was better. I knew as it was happening what Crusher had become... but... I didn't care." Matthew sighed and looked back at Yuffie. "I'm not gonna let her touch Yuffie again though. You can't trust them, the nulls."