Heroes: Eve of Destiny

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Blackheart was a moment behind Legacies. He didn't waste anytime speaking, instead unleashing his flash vision at the Astronomer while charging full speed at him.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Seven really did not want to wander arround an unknown base with no camoflauge and a busted hand, "lets not get over excited" he said in the calmest tone he could manage. "Look invisible lady i'm on your side, I dont want to hurt or scare you or nothing I cant say the same for her."

Seven figured that if all else fails he could allways try playing the good cop roll.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Niner stepped through the door. His TK going to unlock Avatar from his chains.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

As much as he hated to, Saibot decided Argent and Seven could handle finding the Senator, which meant he needed to go help with the Astronomer.

"Stay safe beautiful" he said to Argent, looking to the cyborg, as if just the posture exuded his message, Keep her safe, or I'll rip you apart if we get out of this alive.

The Life Support field seemed to flare, as he withdrew his saber, and was gone in a blur of motion, a short afterimage of his form appearing in his wake. He was off to follow Legacies, Blackheart and Blast. He just hoped none of them got hurt before he got there.

He arrived just as Legacies ripped through the door, his movements stopping just as quick as they started, tapping the flat of the sword on his shoulder, adding to Legacies, "We can do this the easy way....or the hard way....chose quick."
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

"You know... I'm getting really tired of this getting tied up bull shit." Cam teleported out of the shadows grip. "Ever since I met ya'll my life has been a living hell. I never wanted anything to do with this. I wanted to be fucking normal. But fuck that now. And obviously you need me or you wouldn't have let me go in the first place." She stared right at Argent. "He's in a holding cell. Follow me." She became visable again and walked down a nearby coridor.
Last edited by Rukia on Wed May 24, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Rukia wrote:"You know... I'm getting really tired of this getting tied up bull shit." Cam teleported out of the shadows grip. "Ever since I met ya'll my life has been a living hell. I never wanted anything to do with this. I wanted to be fucking normal. But fuck that now. And obviously you need me or you wouldn't have let me go in the first place." She stared right at Argent. "He's in a holding cell. Follow me." She became visable again and walked down a nearby coridor.
"Your presence made it easier, yes..." Argent replied, hiding her amusement at Camie's street-tough act. Had she ever acted that way herself? Ember had... and Argent's amusement faded. Ember's tough act had finally killed her.

The shadowdragon nodded to Seven. "Let's get the Senator and the two of you out of here... then I'll come back for the rest of them." Then the dragon faded into the shadows on the walls with only a ripple to mark her passage.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

Seven shrugged at Argent, then followed the girl down the hall. On some level he could sympathize with her, these people did seem to attract trouble. Not only that he also wished more than once that he could just be normal too, he chose not to say anything though as he followed her to where ever she was leading them.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

The Astronomer chuckled as Legacies burst through the door.
"Ah, Legacies. Right on time. I do so applaud your punctuality."

Then Blackheart burst through and tried to flash fry the Astronomer. The blast passed straight through him and scoured the wall behind him deeply. As Blackheart charged him he disappeared like he'd never been there.

A second later he emerged again from the alcove, his robes in place as was his trademark smile.
"Now that wasn't very nice. Not nice at all... Oh, for the record, this is the hard way..."

The invisible aura around him exploded with untapped power(ooc: this is for Blast to see of course.). He reached out with his power and deadened the entire room, effectively cutting off their abilities. His hand snapped out from under his robes with a ceremonial dagger in it. He buried the blade into Blackheart's side. He pulled it free, droplets of blood flinging off staining the pristine robes. His other hand flew out, connecting to Blackheart's chest with a palm-striked laced with power. The blow sent the agent staggering back.

The power-dampening field disappeared at the same time the Astronomer did. He was completely gone to all physical and mental senses. He reappeared again on the other side of the room for a brief instance before he stepped through the wall into the hallway. Once in the hall he turned invisible again.
Last edited by B4UTRUST on Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Blackheart's armour was laced with titanium fibers so the Astronomer's blow barely penetrated. The palm strike hurt more, cracking ribs and sending the agent staggering back, but it didn't drop him.

Blackheart lashed out. Even without his powers he was a strong man trained to kill with his bare hands and the Astronomer was a weedy little fuck. Blackheart didn't need powers to kill him. The little bastard disappeared just before Blackheart's fist swooshed through where his throat had been. "Fuck," the agent swore.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed May 24, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

Avatar's chains fell off of him as Niner manipulated them telepathically, he tryed to get up for about half a second before yelping in pain then falling off the table onto the floor with a wet thud. Blood spattered arround his body and flaps of half connected skin flopped onto the floor next to him, he coughed once then vomited what little remained in his stomach just before passing out from pain and exhaustion.

Down the hall Seven walked cautiously he could hear his and Camie's shoes making soft clunking noises on the floor that echoed arround them in the creepy silence. If he watched the wall carefully he could see a faint ripple every now and then which re assured him argent was there and was relatively safe for the time being. Down the hall however he could hear the sounds of a fight, it was fast and intense, and was someone throwing up? He wondered to himself trying to stay focused listening and watching for any sign of an ambush.
Last edited by Shark Bait on Wed May 24, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

A spine shot out of Legacies' arm as the Astronomer stepped through the wall, hoping to injure the creature, or at least get his attention. "You are not nice creature, as such we shall not be nice either." Legacies took a step back and tried to sense the Astronomer. "Niner, get Avatar out of here."
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

"Where the fuck did he go?"

Saibot glanced around for a brief moment, and saw the Astronomer in the hall just before he went invisible. Even if he shouted for Legacies, there's no telling how far the lil fucker could go in that time. He just needed a moment to get at him, even with the power dampening field, and put his sword through him.

Just a moment.

Saibot channeled his energy through the dragon saber, and disappeared from the room, in a puff of wind and a blur of motion. Where ever you are...your mines... he thought.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Silver eyes appeared suddenly in a shadow on the wall. "He's moving... coming this way, I think. I can *feel* him.... he's enjoying this game." Argent warned Seven and Camie. "Which one is the Senator's cell, we need to get him and you out of here."

Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

LadyTevar wrote:Silver eyes appeared suddenly in a shadow on the wall. "He's moving... coming this way, I think. I can *feel* him.... he's enjoying this game." Argent warned Seven and Camie. "Which one is the Senator's cell, we need to get him and you out of here."
Seven glanced behind him listening for any clue to when the attack would come, “Ok ladies how bout you to find our friend the senator and get the hell outâ€

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Camie turned another corner, they were almost there, but that didn't mean a thing. Suddenly she doubled over in pain. The explosion of power from The Astronomer hit her even this far from the room. She grabbed her head and knelt down on the floor. "He's-down this-- hall on the left." She groaned "You need to hurry, The other guys lost the big bad." She rubbed her head to try to get the pain to subside. "Go!"
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

Rukia wrote:Camie turned another corner, they were almost there, but that didn't mean a thing. Suddenly she doubled over in pain. The explosion of power from The Astronomer hit her even this far from the room. She grabbed her head and knelt down on the floor. "He's-down this-- hall on the left." She groaned "You need to hurry, The other guys lost the big bad." She rubbed her head to try to get the pain to subside. "Go!"
“I’ll do the stupid thing and try and hold him offâ€

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Rukia wrote:Camie turned another corner, they were almost there, but that didn't mean a thing. Suddenly she doubled over in pain. The explosion of power from The Astronomer hit her even this far from the room. She grabbed her head and knelt down on the floor. "He's-down this-- hall on the left." She groaned "You need to hurry, The other guys lost the big bad." She rubbed her head to try to get the pain to subside. "Go!"
Argent emerged from the shadow, still dragonic. "I'll get them out, Seven.. then I'll be back." She slid over to Camie, an inky wing folding gently around her. "Please... come with me..."

And then it was all shadows, as Argent teleported with Camie from the hallway into the Senator's cell. Camie got a quick glimpse of the man who's head she'd played with, and then they were teleporting again.

The place was shadowed, dark and black, illumnated by the silver-tipped wings of the dragon. There were no minds to touch hers, but for Argent and the Senator. A heart beat, two beats...

... And they were reappearing in a medical bay as the dragon fountained up from the floor and set Camie on one bed and the Senator on the other. The agents tracking her GPS were shocked to find her home, and people were ordered to the medbay on the double.

"You'll be safe here... as long as you do not cross Tarot." Argent warned cryptically, before she vanished again into the shadows, returning to the metas she was already thinking of as her teammates... and to her lover.

Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Cam couldn't stay here. No doubt the Astronomer would try to find her for betraying him. She focused and teleported back to the room where the Astronomer was cutting Avatar. The metas who had decided to try to fight Him were still standing around. The big guy who she assumed to be the boss looked a little worse for wear and Avatar had passed out on the floor. "Look the shadow chick got the senator... I suggest that you grab your injured and get your asses out of here while you still have them. He'll be back. Least you got what you came for. But just so you know, this was never about the senator."
Last edited by Rukia on Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Blackheart sped across the room and down the corridor after the Astronomer. "The Astronomer's loose," he said into his mike. "Anyone who knows where he is sound off."

The fucker was powerful enough to turn off all of super tumor's juice and had a disappearing trick. This was going to be bad. For the first time since he had started serving in field missions he wished he had a gun.
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

Seven received black heart’s message through the directly connected radio he had set up, “This is seven, he is supposedly heading my wayâ€

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Argent reappeared in the hallway, behind Seven, reforming as herself, with only a faint inky aura of wings around her. "I'm back," she spoke into the radio she'd been given. "The Senator's at HQ, in the medbay.... we're down the hall and to the left of where we came in."

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Blackheart broke into a sprint. "I'm coming."
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed May 24, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

LadyTevar wrote:Argent reappeared in the hallway, behind Seven, reforming as herself, with only a faint inky aura of wings around her. "I'm back," she spoke into the radio she'd been given. "The Senator's at HQ, in the medbay.... we're down the hall and to the left of where we came in."
"Ok, go see if you can get some of the others out of here," Seven replied he swore if he lived to be 1000 and saw the second coming of christ he would never get used to teleporters.
Cynical Cat wrote:Blackheart broke into a spring. "I'm coming."
"Just tell me what i'm dealing with." Seven replied rasing his gun but taking his finger off the trigger not wanting to shoot a fellow agent by mistake.

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies moved with an almost uneasing grace. His movements fluid to the point of perfection. He quickly caught up with Blackheart. He almost seemed to not be trying. "He is indeed beyond us. We shall have to fight hard to succeed. We are prepared to die. Are you?"
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Cam was left in the room with the bleeding man. She looked around for something to wrap him in and found some drapes laying in a corner. Not the most steril thing but it would do. She gently wrapped him up and held the bundle close as she tried to focus on the med bay where Argent had taken her and the senator. She quickly teleported there and laid him on a operating table. "Medic!" She yelled as she disapeared. She 'ported back to the hall where she left Argent and Seven. She arrived just before Blackheart.