Heroes: Eve of Destiny

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:The helmeted head turned to the source of the voice, and he almost smiled beneath it. She was there, no worse for wear, it seemed anyway.

"Hey beautiful.." he answered back, as the doctors went about this work. He twitched as they stuck something else in his arm, and he looked down, his arm tensing.

"Doc..think you can hurry up?"
Argent chuckled at Saibot's irateness. "Relax, hero. I'd far prefer you in one piece, so let the doctors do their..." She stopped talking suddenly as one of the nurses rushed in to grab the head doctor working with Saibot. Panic/fear for the patient was rolling off the nurse.

"What's wrong?" she asked sharply as the doctor started giving sharp orders for more blood to be drawn and tested. The doctor noticed her and had one of the nurses attempt to shoo her away.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

As they ordered and drew more blood from him, Saibot felt the first twinges of pain in his body. It started first in his left thigh, and spread more, in a spiderweb like pattern.

He could visualize it, threads of pain flowing from his hip, into his stomach, down his other leg, and then into his chest.

"ARGH," he cried out, bucking up on the table, as the doctors and technicians tried to hold him down.

"Everyone out!" the head doctor shouted, as straps were brought over Saibot's body.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:As they ordered and drew more blood from him, Saibot felt the first twinges of pain in his body. It started first in his left thigh, and spread more, in a spiderweb like pattern.

He could visualize it, threads of pain flowing from his hip, into his stomach, down his other leg, and then into his chest.

"ARGH," he cried out, bucking up on the table, as the doctors and technicians tried to hold him down.

"Everyone out!" the head doctor shouted, as straps were brought over Saibot's body.
"Garth!" Lei shouted, trying to fight her way to him, but then the pain hit her as well, tracing its way along the exact same pathways ... not because she was sharing his pain, but because the same thing was happening to her.

As the nurses tried to grab Argent and stop her from falling, they also hit the floor as physical contact spread the pain to them. Argent was left in the floor, spasming, her own power making it impossible for the medics to aid her.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Screaming nurses and doctors attracted Blackheart's attention pretty quick. He saw Argent twisting on the floor, surrounded by agonized medical personel and Saibot's writhing form. "Fucking Tarot," he said. "The nanites are activating. Shut them off, get a counter agent, or whatever the fuck you need to do."

"We can't even touch her," a nurse replied.

"Right," he said. "I'll handle it." He took a deep breath. "Prep a table or whatever."

"Over there," a doctor pointed. Blackheart reached out and picked her up. He staggered in pain and rapidly strode over to the table, gritting his teeth against the pain. He strapped her down. "Do whatever you do," he said with a gasp as he stepped away.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies heard the scream of Argent on his communicator. She'd forgotten to turn it off. And Saibot was in trouble. The silver figure almost seemed to disappear as it launched itself through the corridors, plowing over those who did not get out of the way, which many didn't. Deep in the recesses of Legacies a thought came out. Please let Saibot be ok. The thought was quickly devoured by the cold of the rest of the mind. The silver figure appeared as Blackheart got in the room and lifted Argent up onto a table. Legacies watched, there was nothing he could do, the doctors knew their jobs. The suit however twisted and spat in anger. Tarot. He would pay for this. Deep within the mind of the silver being the other mind began to take shape again.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

As doctors were rushing to help Saibot and Argent, Niner was on a bed a few rooms away.

The doctors thought he was going to live, even though he had about 50% of his bones broken, including his entire rib cage, his leg and arm bones and some of his spine. But even more strange to them was the fact that Niner's body didnt seem to want to work right on his own. His heart and lungs would work for a few minutes and then stop but start back up again. He was currently hooked up to machines to keep him going. The doctors had done all they could at the moment and it was just time to wait.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:Blackheart reached out and picked her up. He staggered in pain and rapidly strode over to the table, gritting his teeth against the pain. He strapped her down. "Do whatever you do," he said with a gasp as he stepped away.
Legacies wrote:Deep in the recesses of Legacies a thought came out. Please let Saibot be ok. The thought was quickly devoured by the cold of the rest of the mind. The silver figure appeared as Blackheart got in the room and lifted Argent up onto a table. Legacies watched, there was nothing he could do, the doctors knew their jobs. The suit however twisted and spat in anger. Tarot. He would pay for this. Deep within the mind of the silver being the other mind began to take shape again.
The pain was spreading, leaving her wide open to every emotion in the room as it overrode her control of her power. Saibot's pain, Blackheart's disgust at Tarot's actions, Legacies' vow of vengence, they all flowed through her mind as one of the doctors frantically raced to get the device to shut down Ultimate nanite technology. Somewhere deep within her, the child she once was tasted the emotions, finding them all linked to one base cause.

They cared what happened to her.

As the doctor ran back in, deactivating the nanites with the remote, that thought floated to her more concious mind. The team cared what happened to her. They wanted to hurt whomever hurt her. She belonged. She liked that feeling.

As the pain started to abate, a nurse got close enough to inject her with a mix of pain relievers and something to help clear the nanites out of her system, and Argent opened her eyes. ".... it was tarot... wasn't it..." she whispered.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The doctors finally managed to shut down the nanites after, what felt to him, an eternity in pain. The feeling of your cells being torn apart molecule by molecule was one of the worst pain's he ever went through.

As the pain pulled washed away as his body's own healing factor kicked in, repairing the damage almos as quickly as it was caused, and worked to repair his kidney, Saibot was livid.

He was worse than livid, he wanted blood.

His body was wrapped in a sheath of blue energy, as it burned through the straps restraining him to the table, then into the table itself, he sat up at the same moment, swung his legs over, and seemed to float just over the ground, every motion in his body giving everyone the signal of "stay the fuck away".

When he looked over to Argent, seeing she was on the bed, bedraggled from what the nanites did to her, a low growl came from him lips.

"I'll fucking kill him..." he said, no emotion in his voice.

He remained floating there watching over his lover, the energy crackling about him like a blue flame, no heat rolled off of him, yet whoever reached would be consumed in a fire which would destroy them utterly.

He wanted Tarot.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

There may be no emotion in Saibot's voice, but Argent was nearly wincing from the sheer rage boiling off him. "... my hero..." she said softly, her voice shakey from the screaming she'd been doing. " ... I love you too... "

It was a very weak attempt to divert him so he wouldn't go do something stupid, and also because that much emotion was giving her a headache after all she'd been through in the last 24 hrs. Her hand reached out towards him and the flaming blue ball, simply wanting to have him touch her.

"...can we kill him later? ... you promised me dinner tonight...."

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

He looked down to her, then to Blackheart and Legacies, the blue fire dying out, slowly, back into the focrefield which nearly always surronded him, able to be touched. He never let it drop, except for the part where Argent touched him, he wanted to feel her touch.

"Alright beautiful....rest for now. We'll go out when your rested."

He looked up to Blackheart and Legacies, the front part of the helmet sliding back, away from his face with the sound of tiny servos, and he set them in his gaze. "Whatever happened....I better not find out either of you helped them do it...."

And that was that, there wasn't any threat, no other words. Legacies knew well enough what Saibot was capable of, and any who kept up with the news reports on the Guardian Force had a idea.

He squeezed Argent's hand, his other moving through her hair slowly, gently.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"... they didn't..." she answered for Blackheart and Legacies, turning her face slightly to plant a kiss in the palm of Garth's hand where he caressed her. "They're as pissed as you are..."

The coctail of painpills the nurse had given her was starting to take effect, and she yawned impressively. "Blackheart? Radio's still on... maybe GPS too, right? ... Find us when you need us..."

How she managed to go dragonform and teleport away with Saibot was nothing but sheer willpower. The heartbeat that marked time inside the shadow-world between destinations was slightly erratic, taking three irregular beats before they reappeared in Garth's living room.

If he'd not been so close to her, she'd have fallen in the floor from sheer exhaustion, but the only emotion wrapping around him was sheer happiness to have him near her. "... told you... be back...." was the last words she muttered to him before slipping into peaceful sleep.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

He craddled her before she fell asleep, holding her in his arms.

He kissed her forehead softly, and walked to the bedroom. It took only a moment, but he laid her down in the bed, pulled the covers over her, tucked her in, and stepped out.

She could sleep...for now, he would change clothes, drink a beer....and get Legacies here to talk....
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The eyes on the silver face widened for a moment at the implication that he would have been involved in this. The eyes then quickly narrowed and Legacies was gone from the room once again as quickly as he'd arrived. As Legacies swept past the common government men as the tried to pick themselves up from the last time Legacies came careening through. This time, he was a bit more cautious.

Tarot, tarot was responsible for this. Deep down in the conscience of the being that was Legacies, a light of anger began to grow.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"What a perfect fucking cap to the fucking day," said Blackheart. "Miller!" he yelled. "Get your fucking drill and lets do this! Fuck! I still have to talk to that fucking suit."

He lay back on a bed and pulled open the top of the hospital gown as the middle aged woman in a lab coat came into the room with a thin, diamond tipped power drill. Med techs scurried around and set things up.

"An alcohol swab? Like some infection's going to kill me?"

"Perhaps not David, be we are concerned with your health."

"Hurry up and do it."

"Roll over. It'll be over quicker from the back."

He did so. Techs swabbed a part of his upper back by his spine and applied skin absorbed pain killers. "It'll be over quick and the locals should help."

"Just fucking do it."

She turned on drill and pressed it against his flesh. With a whine it bored through. She pushed in a full two centimeters in and then removed it. Ribbons of black tissue clung to the drill her. Tweezers removed more from the hole, which was then swabbed and bandaged. The tissue was sealed into small transparent cases. "We're done David."

"Blackheart," he corrected. "Okay, let me get changed and deal with the suit."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

When Blackheart arrived in Bowman's office the man was absently scrolling through some file on his computer, sipping on a cup of coffee.
"Ah, Agent Blackheart, come in. Have a seat. Cup of coffee?"

Bowman turned and for the first time really looked at Blackheart, seeing the anger present on his face.
"Hmmm, I'll take it that small talk is not on the menu at the moment. The offer for coffee still stands however. I'll try to get to the point then.

"Right now I need three things from you. A general brief of your teams actions concerning the recon mission you just returned from, a list of your team members who are not full Ultima and your recommendations to fully recruite those who you feel are likely to be assests to the bureau who would be willing to stay on and finally for you to accept your promition. Based on your actions in the past and given the exceptional accomplishments shown today you've been given a promotion to senior field agent, pending your acceptance. Congradulations.

"Now, shall we continue with the first too? Following this you and the remainder of your returning team are authorized a full seven days of leave for recovery."
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Seven was lost, he had some how managed to get turned around inside the building and now he had no idea where the hell he was. He had left medical and gotten to the front door with little or no trouble but the guard at the front told him he didn’t have clearance to leave yet. So Seven had turned around and gone looking for the other members of the team with no luck now he was wondering around in some office section trying rather unsuccessfully to look somewhat normal. People were gawking at him which wasn’t much of a shock considering his appearance but still it unnerved him, he wished he still had his active camouflage or something. The odd thought of a self conscious android amused him as he stifled a laugh and kept looking, there had to be someone he knew around here some where. Maybe he could find his way back to medical and find that nice doctor who had put him in the morgue…
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

The girl laid on the table. One of the few that was actually cooperative, though the doctors had a feeling that’d if she was conscious, she;d put up just as moch of a fight as the rest of the metas. At any rate, she was stable and quiet. They prepped her for an MRI.

==
Cam stood in total darkness. Left, dark, right dark. Front, back all dark. “What the fuck is going on?â€
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Blackheart sat. "The recon mission went fairly simply. We immediately encountered Cammy, who was not entirely cooperative but did confirm the Astronomer's location and the location of the prisoners. The Astronomer was torturing Avatar at the time and I detached a segment of the team to effect a rescue of the prisoners while we confronted the Astronomer and rescued Avatar. In the ensuing fight the Astronomer was killed and all missing friendly personel were retrieved without losses. Demise was not onsight and his wherabouts remain unknown."

He paused for a moment. "As for the suitability of the non-Ultima team members for regular employment, its too early for me to tell. My early impressions are that most of them are suitable, although Cammy seems like trouble, but I can't state their opinions on the matter with confidence. The regular Ultima personel demonstrated their usual level of professionalism and competence. Argent has useful abilities, as does Saibot, but I can't speak for their future reliability especially after that stupid nanite business. Blast is a good man, solid, but inexperienced. Legacies has been out of the loop for a while, not really a good team player at the moment, but is definitely an asset to any team. Niner performed adequately. He's powerful, but undisciplined. My brief experience with Avatar inclines me to believe that he's powerful, intelligent, and a team player. My impression of Gravitas is that he's content to help us but doesn't want any part of the system. He should be left alone so he will still help us of his own accord.

"I'll be willing to take the reins. At this point, it will be the best choice after that nanite business. They're not inclined to trust another suit and overall discipline is poor at best. These people aren't trained, for the most part. Its a mix of amateurs and professionals, team players and oddballs and it will take time to gel. Do we have that time?"
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

"Nanite business?" Bowman blinked, confused. He didn't have anything in his records about nanites.
"Something I'm missing here? And as for your time, I can't make guarantees that you'll have months to train them and mold them but you've got a few days off at the moment and when you all come back we can attempt to try to set up some sort of training regieme, even if it's just sending you out on more low end assignments for the moment to work on team fusion.

"Any that you feel are going to be assets and will work with us you're authorized to make the offer of full employment too. As much as I hate to admit it, we need more Agents that are compatent.

"Regardless, unless you have something more for me you're cleared to leave and enjoy a few days off."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Nothing more," said Blackheart, "other than Tarot's little nanite scheme almost killing cooperative people in what I don't quite believe to be an accident." He rose from the chair. "Now I've got to make some offers some people can't refuse."
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Bowman smiled at the movie reference.
"Just as long as you don't make them start refering to you as the Godfather I think we'll be fine. I'm not sure how other groups would take it.

"And as for Agent Tarot's nanites in your agents I will look into it personally. If he is misusing our resources and equipment, especially against our own people, this needs to be dealt with. Hopefully there is some explination for this beyond the surface of the matter. Anyhow, enough chit-chat. Talk to your people and go enjoy your days off. You've earned them Godfa- err Agent."

Bowman smirked at this deliberate slip of tongue.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Avatar had most of his skin back. If one were to watch with so much as a magnifying glass, they could see the skin regrow over the scab. At that point he figured he could get up.

"Thank God that hell only lasted a few hours" he said as he pulled himself bodily up from the lawn chair he was basking on.

He walked downstairs and went to find Blackheart and apologize for his capture.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Blast edged his way out of the landing zone avoiding everyone else. At the moment the last thing he wanted was doctors poking around at him and making his inner working a matter of record. He decided to get out of the building and head home for some sleep. He would be able figure out something in the morning maybe.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Guards coraled Blast before he could leave, directing to a small conference room filled with the rest of his companions. Blackheart stood at the head of the table.

"You're all here now. Good. I'll keep this short and let you get on with the rest of your lives. A few of you are professionals, but most of you were either pressured into working on this assignment or volunteered. You've all got time off coming to you and for a lot of you your obligation is over. You can walk.

"You've got time to think about it and I encourage you to do so. Things are headed for a crunch. We, and by we I mean the people of this city, country, and planet, are going to need your talents more than ever. Its important work, work than needs doing. I urge you to consider a more permenent relationship with the Ultima Teams.

"That's it. You're free to go. Just think on it."