Glitch IV: Chapter 2 Abduction

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

The Nullcron Lord strood through the battlefield, the Staff of Twilight crackling ewith power as it closed in on Magneto. The green Energy crackled around Magento wavering off the field of magnetic force surronding him.
A hurricane of metal flew about the battlefield, missing his allies and sheering into the foe. Due to the iron in their blood, he could sense them if he concenrated. Now may not have been the best time for concenration though. The energy blast rocked Magneto he could feel it through his sheild. This would have to be counter

He focused the metal and it howled into the Nullcron Lord forming a funnel of sharp spinning pain and death around it, slamming into it repeatly and blocking it's view of the battlefield.

"Begone Monster, no one may contest Magneto!" He proclaimed as he rose up into the air beyond melee range.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack fired two bolts into a Flayed One's face. The creature dropped and he kept moving towards the blue box. He fired at another Flayed One. The energy clip beeped. He ejected the spent clip and inserted another one and resumed firing, still moving towards his escape.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

As Albert's altered form smashed down from the retaliatory strike, it's mechanical brain clicked along.

- Analysis: Ascended being preventing objective completion.

- Ascended exceeds current combat capabilities.

- Absorb additional Null attack capabilities, optimize, resume assault.

Despite it's bulk, the massive thing turned and charged towards the Nullcron Lord. The tornado of razor sharp metal bit into his hide, but it was like confetti trying to stop a freight train as he plowed into the smaller, more powerful being. Even then, he was hoping for contact, absorbing away it's mass.

- Analyzing... Staff Of Twilight. Capable of ranged combat capabilities. Merging and optimizing...

Albert's Null form screamed as more and more of the tainted stuff was absorbed.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Metal ripped at the Nullcron, the brief moments it was inphase with it. Magneto's hurricane of metal tore chunks that slowly reformed from the Nullcron with each of it's shifts. Metal slagged and dispersed with each blast of the Staff of Twilight, lessening the amount of metal slamming into it.

During one of the brief phases into substance, Null-Albert slammed into the Nullcron Lord, taking a bit of it's essence, ripping the Staff from it's cold metallic grip.

Metal tore into the Lord, as it no longer could phase out, circuits sparked and black ooze dripped from severed limbs.

Seconds passed, before the Lord fell, decapitated, to the ground.

The Null formerly known as Albert stood, his form slowly altering, the Staff of Twilight held in a clawed hand - his eyes glowing red.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:The Null formerly known as Albert stood, his form slowly altering, the Staff of Twilight held in a clawed hand - his eyes glowing red.
Another Flayed One fell, drawn and quartered by Leah's vectors, leaving her with a clear view as Albert rose from the wreckage of the NecronLord. "Al..."

It was barely a whisper, unnoticed as Leah ran forward, throwing herself between him and the others scattered about. "Albert!"

The Null-form was still integrating the Staff, one hugely muscled arm shrinking to better grasp and control the device, yet the movement and noise was noticed. Red-tinged eyes fell upon the red-haired woman before him.
- Analysis: Ascended being. Full integration in 42 seconds. Attempt to delay until integration complete.
The remaining huge arm swept down towards Leah in a gigantic backhand, and her vector barely absorbed the blow, rocking her and making her stumble sideways.
Analysis: Attack ineffictual. Unable to apply total strength to blow. Anomalous programming detected.

Deep within the core of what was left of Albert, Thog beat at the walls. No Hurt Le-dra! I not let you!
Leah regained her footing with a snarl, and four vectors lashed out, latching onto the Null-Thing. Two grabbed the larger arm, locking it by the wrist and by the upper arm. Another grabbed the smaller arm, immoblizing it at the elbow and holding it firmly. "Albert.... forgive me....." she whispered, as the last vector sliced downwards at the hand clutching the Staff....
Last edited by LadyTevar on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Ted watched as the situation went from bad to worse Al was turning on them and most of the other attacks were having no effect, but maybe he could buy some time. Again he focused his thoughts a little and reached out drawing the hatred and anger from the air and manifesting it as a physical darkness which he wrapped tightly around the flayed ones blinding them. “Hey hun…â€
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matt took a few steps forward towards the fight between Leah and Al before coming to a stop, shivering again. He couldn't get into that fight, the berserker rage was already trying to overtake him, and if he got involved Leah would be in as much danger from him as Al would be. Taking a few shuddering steps backwards, Matt turned his attention to a group of flayed ones that were advancing. He quickly lifted up his crossbow and fired a series of bolts, most deflecting uselessly off of the heavily armored hides.

"Damnit, just a few minutes..." Matt gritted his teeth, keeping his focus on not losing control.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

[quote="Shark Bait"]Ted watched as the situation went from bad to worse Al was turning on them and most of the other attacks were having no effect, but maybe he could buy some time. Again he focused his thoughts a little and reached out drawing the hatred and anger from the air and manifesting it as a physical darkness which he wrapped tightly around the flayed ones blinding them. “Hey hun…â€
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Sparks flew from the neck of the beheaded Flayed One, the head touched the ground, and the body collapsed shortly after.

As Rory moved to the next, the first was getting to it's feet, it's eyes glowing a deep red, the clank of the flencing blades of it's claws obscured in the sounds of combat.

As Rory moved to behead the second Flayed One, the first was behind her, it's claws rose up, then stabbed her in the back.

Blades sliced into her back, and burst out of her chest, her heart, beating for a single moment, before disintigrating on the tips.

Her deathcry would be drowned out on the spray of blood flowing from her mouth, her body slumping to the ground.

The last thing Rory would see....was the Light....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Ted ran as soon as Rory had told him to even in this panicked situation a faint smile appeared in one corner of his mouth, that kiss seemed to have energized him somehow as he sprinted for the TARDIS. Just as he reached the door he stopped to look back at Rory, hoping desperately she would be running towards him in a moment. He looked just in time to see the flayed one stab its claws into her back as she yelled in pain.

Ted’s heart stopped his mind broke and something shut down inside of him. His subconscious realized that he was responsible for her death but it was trying it’s hardest to keep his conscious mind from realizing it. He stumbled backwards and he leaned against the door of the TARDIS unable to move.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

The Light…

“Jesus, somebody turn down the lights.â€
Last edited by Rukia on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack fired another two bolts into one of the creatures face, dropping it to the ground. He aimed at another Flayed One and pulled the trigger.

A strange squeak noise emitted from the weapon. It had jammed. Jack hurled the weapon as hard as he could at its face, drew his sword and started to charge. He was knocked to the ground from behind, something clawing at his armor, and into his back. He screamed in pain.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Devonie
Initiate

Post by Devonie »

Angela/Jules was on a flat-out run when the wave of fear hit her; instead of immobilizing her as it was intended, the fear lent wings to her feet. She didn't look behind her as she ran as fast as her little goblin legs would carry her.

On the edges of her consciousness she sensed the others battling the Null. She sensed the strange creature Al had become, the strange emptiness that would normally held a 'presence' that was now absent; she felt, rather than heard, Rory cry out, felt Ted's horror and loss of coherence. It was these things, not the fear, that caused her feet to stumble. Her need to succor the fallen warring with her need for self-preservation, her steps slowed slightly and she veered toward Rory, hands out, spell on her lips.
------
"Aw, look," the second voice said with a sugary-sweet sarcastic tone, "She thinks she can do something to help the dead girl! Isn't that sweet?"
"Ya know," answered the first voice, "this is like a train-wreck movie... It's so awful you can't look away in case you miss somthing."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Flayed Ones sparked where Rory's armblades had sliced them to peices. Victory was hers, it would seem for a moment.

The few remaining Nullcron stopped in their tracks, seemed to look up for a moment, and began to sink into the ground. Magneto's metal storm managed to tear up several more of the unholy abominations before they disappeared as silently as they arrived.

It was now between Albert and his comrades, the human's sucked into this strange land, toyed with by one of their own given to the powers of Evil.

Jack was wounded, laying on the ground, though not mortally wounded., Leah, Matthew and Magnus squared off against the Malformed Albert, who even then was merging the Staff of Twilight into his horrifying new form.

From the distance, the Master watched, a low chuckle escaping lightly parted lips. The fun was only just begining.....
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matthew took a few steps back as the flayed ones sank away, taking a deep breath to relax himself. The skull mask that covered his head slid away to reveal his face once again as he stared at Al. One crisis was averted, now they needed to survive Al without killing him.

Matthew brought his giant blade around, grasping it with both hands, pointing the blade tip at the man he called friend. "Come on Al, snap out of it."
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

The Null that had been Albert was grappling with Leah.. And was losing. As the fourth Vector grasping him slashed the Staff Of Twilight away from him.. ALong with most of that arm.. The Null's form began fluctuating. It was losing cohesion, shrinking back to the size of the other Nullcrons. Leah faltered with such a change, and as Matthew levelled his blade, neither knew what was happening elsewhere.

On the mental realm, Albert was desperately trying to keep the Master out, and failing. The Null mind was everything Albert had locked away, every foul thought. The assault was breaking him, and it showed in the battlefield in the physical.

The ground shook, in that mental battlefield. Thog had somehow manifested, robbing the physical aspect of Albert of his strength and size, and was charging. "NO HURT LE-DRA!" Bellowed the half-giant, in his hands, a warhammer that could shatter steel. The Master suddenly found his mental form being attacked not by finesse, not by trickery, but by the mental manifestation of a massive bludgeon. "NO HURT MATT! NO HURT ANYONE!"
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The mental form of the Master found itself under assault. While he had been keeping a leash on the Null Albert, looking through his pet's eyes to see the battle, Thog smacked into him from the side.

He never expected this, not the sudden attack of brute force given mental power, not while Albert would be wrestling against his control, his influence over the captured Null-bits.

Yet here it was, the rampaging blue skinned half-giant was attacking the shadowed form. It was all the Master could do not to be thrown out of Albert's mind, to barely dodge the assault. Still, he felt the twinge of pain that showed he was damaged.

Great beast....I had not expected you.... the voice said from everywhere and none, Rest assured, I won't underestimate you again...

The black sword appeared in the Master's hand, as he rushed at Thog, their weapons clashing loudly in the realm of Albert's mind. Spark's flew as steel met steel, and for a mere moment, a infinite second, it looked as if the two would be matched, that the Master would be able to match Thog's great power. But this was not the Master's field, and as powerful as he was, as much strength as he had obtained in the physical realm, as much knowledge as he obtained in the interium, Thog simply overpowered him.

His arms bent, a single drop of sweat slide down his cheek, duplicating the real world.

The Master kicked at Thog's knee, putting the full of his great strength into the blow, his foot impacting upon the blue hulk's kneecap, using the blow to kick himself away.

The Master sailed back, his sword extended out from his side, away from him, as the eyes focused on Thog. Behind him, a dark shadow loomed, larger than the Master, larger than even Thog, seeming to consume the horizon.

Till next we meet Thog.....You can find me on the Southern Continent...at the City of Tithan'ketch come if you dare...

The Master's mental form disappeared from Albert's mind, the link broken...

The metal sheathed hand clenched hard, as his gaze focused on the battle occuring far away.

They would be after him soon...he turned, and began to walk south.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

SirNitram wrote:The Null that had been Albert was grappling with Leah.. And was losing. As the fourth Vector grasping him slashed the Staff Of Twilight away from him.. ALong with most of that arm.. The Null's form began fluctuating. It was losing cohesion, shrinking back to the size of the other Nullcrons. Leah faltered with such a change, and as Matthew levelled his blade, neither knew what was happening elsewhere.
The vectors that had been holding the rampaging Null-beast back were forced to shift in reaction to the smaller form, taking new handholds on the still-resisting Null-Albert. "Al... please.... snap out of it..," she coaxed, one vector reaching back to toss the Staff of Twilight further away, back behind Matt. Without the great bulk, Leah found containing the writhing black Null mass was much easier.
Till next we meet Thog.....You can find me on the Southern Continent...at the City of Tithan'ketch come if you dare...

The Master's mental form disappeared from Albert's mind, the link broken...
The Null-beast shuddered, as if stricken by a mightly blow, then toppled and shifted as he fell, back into the pale drained form of Albert. Leah's four vectors shifted instantly to cradle him as he fell, supporting and drawing him into her real arms. "MATT! HELP ME!"

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matt rushed forward and knelt down beside Al, driving his sword into the ground Matt leaned in to talk to his friend. "What happened Al? What the hell was that?"
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack picked himself off the ground, groaning in pain. He looked over at the others helping Al. He looked over his shoulder at his torn back. He started to shuffle over to the TARDIS.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

- ~ - ~ - ~ - On Earth ~ - ~ - ~ -

Page Industries
Sublevel Twelve - Biovault

Paxton Fettel starred at the monitors before him, the scene was of New Orleans, or the radioactive wasteland that New Orleans was quickly becoming. It had been but a day since Robert Page had disappeared through the swirling vortex with the other humans, back Home.

Fettel's eyes never warned from the screens, his mind racing, giving orders as the images flashed upon the multitude of montors. Of course, he didn't speak them, the soldiers were connected directly to his mind, teleathic control over great distances, the ability to see through their eyes if nessacry, he could make the snap decisions required.

For a mere moment, Fettel wondered what was taking hs boss so long....before he felt the changes.

Before his eyes, Reality faded, and Paxton Fettel, psychic commander of the Page Industries R.E.P.L.I.C.A. forces screamed.....

- o - o - o - o -

Fortuna Games Studio
Silcon Valley

"What the fuck..." William Cranston - lead programmer for Destiny - said as he observed a sudden massive spike in the servers CPU resources, and equal consumption of bandwidth.

It was unusual, to say the least. The servers NEVER, except during peak hours on the during one of their most busiest days several years ago, maxed out bandwidth and server resources.

Then again, it could just be a localized blip in the monitoring software, hell, it was in the middle of the day, most people worldwide were logged off, leaving only a sparse population of PC's in the servers gameworld.

Checking the logs, he found the server spikes occured several times in the past five minutes, but for now...they seemed to be gone.

"Fucking weird......" he said, not paying anymore attention, though promising himself he'd check back later.

~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o

Armancham Research Facility
Neo Orleans

Paxton Fettel walked through the metal clad corridors some twenty feet below ground level, through the main halls of the Armancham Research Facility - a facility he called home for the past 24 years.
He had been born and breed here, raised and taught. Given a purpose, and then discovered that purpose was obselete.

The metal door slide open as he approached, cold blue-green eyes focusing on the metallic figure before him.

"Ah..Fettel, you've arrived. Excellent," the voice coming from the metallic faceplate seemed to sauve for it's own good, the purple metal hand touched his shoulder, drawing the human closer, "Yes...most excellent. Come, we've much to plan, you and I....yessss...."
Last edited by Dark Silver on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Don't just stand there, Matt... Help me get him into the Tardis!" Leah snapped, trying to stand and pick up Albert at the same time. "We don't know how long it's going to stay here."

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

~ - ~ - ~ - Still on Earth ~ - ~ - ~ -

Everywhere, for a singular moment, Reality folded in on itself, twisted, as a divergent Timeline simply...ceased to be.

Gone was the Gray Death, the towering conglomerate that was Page Industries, the destruction of one of the oldest cities in the country.

Time, for the moment, had reasserted itself, the familiar, preferred time line continued on. Unimpeded by those who would meddle in the River of Time, in the great plan.

With the destruction of Robert Page, the erasing of his very code from the Fabric of the Digital Universe, everything he had done, everything he would do, the very trace of his existence, had ceased to be.

Reality had a way of fixing itself, eventually - of correcting the errors wrought upon it's grand design. This was simply one of those moments.

Humanity, as a whole, felt naught but a slight twinge, as if something, for a brief, mere moment, simply wasn't right - then continued on with day to day existence, unaware, across the Interdimentional Border, within the very data lines and information webs, indeed the very code of the computers they trusted for day to day living, a war waged on.

On the far side of the Moon - the only moon which needed no other name - a small spaceship floated, it's systems powered down, it's lone occupant asleep for now - completely unaware as the ship was caught in the gravitational wake of a bypassing wormhole. Bare moments passed, the ships sensors had not registered the anomoly, sensor nets on Earth pointing ever skyward never noticed the spatial rift.

It swallowed the runabout whole, leaving nothing in it's wake, as once more, Reality fixed the errors in it's Tapestry.

- o - o - o The Digital Universe - o - o - o

His minions were defeated, the Nullcron consistently failed when faced by these humans.

The Master continued his trek, moving with deliberate slowness - for now -steadily south. He could have called upon his own powers, teleported to the location he sought, he could have ordered a shuttle from one of the ships in orbit to pick him up, transport him directly there, he could even have decided to move at a quicker pace, let no one see him until he arrived at the Temple.

But no, he preferred this way. This had become a game, and he so desperately wanted the humans to follow him. He needed them to follow, to see what he had wrought, what he had truly become, the power he now wielded....and ultimately, how minuscule they were in the grand scheme of things.

Leadra could have joined him, stood at his side, ruled a infinite cosmos with him...no...not Leadra, Leah. He could have given her anything she desired, repaired what nature had wronged of her. Instead, she choose the Brute.

Beneath the dark cowl, a small smile parted his lips. He would take great pleasure in all of their horror, in the despair they would undoubtedly be overcome with.

All because of whathe would become.

A God.

He would open the gateway. He would lead the armada and armies into the Human World, and conquer it. He would claim Godhead, with the power of the human world, with the might of his armies in command, he would return to the Crystal Palace, obtain the prize awaiting him....

A group of natives moved in the distance, through the thick brush of the jungle. The trail left behind him was easy enough to follow, yet he still didn't hurry. Let the others come, he wanted them to come. And if the Natives met him along the way.....well...he still remembered how to play their game.

The Dark Rider continued to walk, ever further south.

----- o -----

Auron stumbled from the wreckage left of the battlefield, he was bloodied felt the pain of broken bones.

The Nullcron had not been taking it easy, he never remembered such a battle. He watched the humans as they rushed towards the TARDIS, he recognized the device, but knew it was time to leave them, to gather Vash, and move on. The Master continued south, he had seen the trail, they would follow it.

He looked for his red coated partner, and saw him already moving towards the TARDIS, stopping halfway as he felt Auron's eyes on him. He shouted out to the humans, "We're going after the Master, he's headed south! Meet up with us later if you can, or go home! Bye!"

With that, the ever cheerful Vash the Stampede, joined his morose comrade, as they began to travel south.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Matt had lugged Al up on his shoulder and was running towards the TARDIS. Turning when Vash shouted Matt was tempted to leave with the two to continue hunting his prey. In the back of his mind dark whispers told him that the others were holding him back, that alone he could destroy The Master unimpeded. Matt shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"We'll meet up with you there once we've taken care of Al and Leah!" If we figure out how to make this damn thing work, continued Matt in his head. With that he rushed into the TARDIS and staggered a little at the sheer confusion of such a large place existing in a telephone booth. But he quickly got over the shock and placed Al down. Matt turned to Leah, "Stay with him, make sure he's ok."

With that Matt ran back outside and made sure that everyone else was alright, and that there weren't anymore enemies out there.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack finally stumbled into the TARDIS, made it three steps and collapsed. He was feeling quite woozy from blood loss from his torn up back. He rolled onto his back with thinking and yelled pain before quickly rolling back onto his belly. He just layed where he was, not really caring what happened.