My custom phpBB

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

Ace Pace wrote:Hmn, another thing, I was thinking, possible system to label very good/intresting posts, or posts worthy of mod attention, any way to do it?
Yeah, just add something to the posts table and a linky to mark it. I think I have seen this done on other boards. I'll think about how easy it will be later. Right now, I am coding a really awesome copllectabel card game engine in my fav language of C and it is sooo exciting I can barely think of anything else, (except boobs, of course).
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

THE ALPHA BOARD HAS GONE LIVE

http://libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/index.php
Adam D. Ruppe
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Adam...I don't have to say it
you know it already

just add me third cousin once removed with the DD's to the list
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Quick requests: Take out the sig char limit(severely limits coding options) and possibly the max post char limit?
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

The sig limit is set up by the admins in the admin panel. I didn't even know there was a post limit. :???:
Adam D. Ruppe
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

There is. I've broken it before. Of course, I don't know what you have it set to. If you don't know, probably the default.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

2^32 char limit? :P
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

ok....so it's 2 to the 32nd power on the character limit for the post

what the hell are you writing that will hit that limit?

Oh, and Adam, I think I figured out what was causing the error in logins...

for some reason, the subdomain was adding a extra / to the end of http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpbb to it looked like http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpbb//

I redirected the subdomain to actually link to the index.php instead, so hopefully that will fix the problem. We'll find out once the subdomain propigates properly
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, I busted the limit on SD.net once by posting a shitload of Confederate documents as part of a debate. (Don't ask.) Also, Marcao broke it with his Order of Battle in STGOD4.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

still, that's 4,294,967,296 characters, that's a hell of alot of characters.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

I don't think he was serious. :razz:

Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Another feature possibility, the "View posts since last visit" in a mail format, daily mail that summeries new threads. This could be implemented with the Label/Star idea and let a daily/weekly mail that lists intresting threads.