Team Strat Web Game

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#1 Team Strat Web Game

Post by B4UTRUST »

Posts for this game go here.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Tasoth
Acolyte

Post by Tasoth »

Is the team set up going to be like planterion where you get stuck on a random group of players as your team, free standing where each player chooses what alliances he makes or simple the PCs race versus the other as a whole?

Also, I'm against making it fantasy, space based or revolving around criminals because it's cliche then. I suggest monsters. How you ask? Prepare for some reading.

Let's start with the goal. To simply control the most urban areas. How do monsters work into this? Well, you choose from a small group, lets say Occulist, Mad Scientist, Vampire, Lycanthrope and Ghul. There exists a base unit and structure pool and then race specific units. How do you gain urban areas? Through building specific buildings and sending agents out to recruit. Also by taking them from force from your opponents. Gives us a chance to bring in creatures from other cultures and stay away from elves, dwarves and other similar items of strategy games. It's also a refreshing change in ideas. Instead of raising a kingdom to protect yourself/people and gain power, you're building up your herd of cattle to keep yourself well off. I can elaborate more if there's any interest in the idea.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Tasoth, the format will be similar to the game of Utopia if you've played that, though with some major changes.

I see nothing wrong with making it fantasy of sci-fi as long as it works and people are interested in it.

As for the way it works, you play one province within a kingdom of 25 people. 50 such kingdoms per "island" as many islands as neccessary. To accomplish anything resembling "Winning" you have to work cohesively within your own kingdom as well as by yourself, coming up with both short term and long term goals and strats and plan for the wars, assisting in the defense and general welbeing of your kingdom.

There is planned to be multiple races you can choose from, each with abilities and drawbacks. Thieves, spies, militaries, multiple options for attacks, etc. You can build specific buildings to increase your food production, your population, your military training, weapons production, etc. Plus researched sciences helps with this.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers