A revived merger proposal.

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Steve wrote:Well, Marina can be the eccentric intellectual and I'm the crazy writer..... :cool: :wink:
That's it, leave nothing for me . . . . :roll:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

You're the prolific writer. You've written so much material that you're well on the way towards becoming a professional, and I await the day I can spot your name on the bookshelves of Borders.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Stofsk wrote:You're the prolific writer. You've written so much material that you're well on the way towards becoming a professional, and I await the day I can spot your name on the bookshelves of Borders.
Wait. Stroke my ego again. Stop. That spot. Oh yeah, that's good. :grin:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Let no one wonder why you go by the name of Cat.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Cynical Cat wrote:
Stofsk wrote:You're the prolific writer. You've written so much material that you're well on the way towards becoming a professional, and I await the day I can spot your name on the bookshelves of Borders.
Wait. Stroke my ego again. Stop. That spot. Oh yeah, that's good. :grin:
To paraphrase Jesse Ventura, you're a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus.
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Okay, except for one really big and extremely long, unfinished essay work of mine, everything has been transferred and put up on the new website. There's a couple fiction works which need to be put up in that section as well, but nothing else.

Anyone who joins the board at http://www.divine-salamis.net/phpbb/ will be added to the private forums to look at those as well.

Everything is now basically up and ready for your review.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Marina, I'm not sure if you've answered this question, but for my own edification can you elaborate on why you wish to merge your board with ours? Beyond the obvious 'the sum is larger than its parts' idea.
Last edited by Stofsk on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

Stofsk wrote:Marina, I'm not sure if you've answered this question, but for my own edification can you elaborate on why you wish to merge your board with ours? Beyond the obvious 'the sum is larger than its parts' idea.
Because, personally, I don't want the old ASVS community to fragment, and I want to create a home where all the old members of ASVS will feel comfortable returning to.

I think Librium Arcana could serve as such a place, and so my hope in the merger is to raise publicity and expand the board enough so as to attract some of those fine old stalwarts back.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Librum is really the wrong place for an ASVS old-folks-home. I'm the only really active one from those days left here. The rest have posted less than fifty times. ANd a few of those were just because the Kingdom Of Loathing clan was here.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
The Duchess of Zeon
Initiate

SirNitram wrote:Librum is really the wrong place for an ASVS old-folks-home. I'm the only really active one from those days left here. The rest have posted less than fifty times. ANd a few of those were just because the Kingdom Of Loathing clan was here.
That may be the case but I personally see the increased traffic possibilities as sufficient justification in themselves.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

After debate between the staff the Admins have reached a verdict. At this time their will is there will be no Merger. Although members of both boards are encouraged to visit the other.

That is All.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken