I've got some beef with the main site's CMS

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

#1 I've got some beef with the main site's CMS

Post by Destructionator XV »

There is one thing that really stands out on the CMS that I hate: the iFrame on the side.

If you go to libriumarcana.com and click on the BBS link on the side, the forum is quashed down and stuffed into the right hand side of the screen.

Messa no like.

However, the news and overall look of the main page is really nice; I find it visually appealing but codingly appauling.

How easy is it for you all to add another page to it? Is it easy to use?

My biggest beef with it is the forums coming into that iframe. Can you make them take up the whole window?

If not, I will resume my work on my phpBB CMS. There is still much work to be done with that, but I was making progress. In my opnion, the phpBB plan has alot of potential, but also takes alot of work (which is a big part of the fun).
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I have two options on the frontsite for accessing the board, the Iframe option (called a wrapper in the CMS's lingo) and the topbar link, which opens the board in the current window, without a iframe.

Codingly appalling? Yeah, Joomla is weird in that fact...but it's all open source, and suppossedly one of the most secure free CMS's there is. I designed the frontpage's Template myself, so it is also one of the most community supported, with vast tutorials for most of it.

I'll hook you up with a admin account, so you can mess with it yourself Adam, but it's hard to explain without you experiencing it.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

You can get it out of the frame by right clicking and following the link, (I used to do this at strek-v-swars.net because their site similarly sucked), but telling people to do that is hardly an elegant solution.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton