Considering a few more modifications to the board....

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

#1 Considering a few more modifications to the board....

Post by Destructionator XV »

In addition to the custom year stars code that sits half finished on my hard drive, I am considering adding a few more markup options.

One would be [tt]...[/tt] which would output the text in a typewriter like font, just like the <tt> tag in HTML. While not useful much of the time, it would be a trivial addition, and I would find it useful when explaining a simple line of code or something, something too small to warrant using the full blown code tags.

Aside: I would also like syntax highlighted code tags, but that is alot of work and I am not likley going to do it any time soon.

The other things are like you see in the Dummies book series: a block of text, similar to a quote tag, but can have different colors and rather than a Quote: label, it would have possibly an icon off to the side, again just like the Tip boxes in the Whatever for Dummies books.

I think that would be useful in the tutorials I am writing in C&G, and other people might find that useful too.

Lastly, I would like to eventually write a Calculus tutorial too, and that is something that would be significantly easier with a math markup reader, to display things like the integration and summation symbols. Such a mod already exists; all I would have to do is install it and possibly do some minor customizations. This was proposed over at SDN but it never went through, and I think it would be useful here at times too.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think it will be worth the effort?
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

How about strikethrough tags? I've found phpBB's lack of them annoying several times.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

They would be trivial to add, but they are something I never thought would be useful. However if you think they will be useful, I'll add them next time I open up the code.
Adam D. Ruppe
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Question: is it possible to add sigs to profiles?
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Yes, I already did that with the subSilver template. Just have to update the other templates to display it.
Adam D. Ruppe
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Adam, is there an yway to add in a additional alignment tag, like <center>?
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Yup. Another trivial addition.
Adam D. Ruppe
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Rogue 9 wrote:How about strikethrough tags?
I did this about a month ago and mentioned it in the OOC forum, but forgot to mention it here.

Strikeout works like this

Code: Select all

[s]text[/s]
And looks like this
text
Adam D. Ruppe
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Feature request:
When displaying new posts, if there is a new post, it also displays the forum list. If there are no new posts, it dosn't display the list. Can that be fixed?
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."