Author Feedback: General Havoc

UFR - Give author feedback

Moderator: LadyTevar

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#76 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by frigidmagi »

I would say that chapter worked fairly well Havoc. I especially liked the discussion between David and Devastator, there was something a bit chilling about seeing the same argument's I've advanced in Devastator's hand. Maybe it was all just a rationalization for him butchering his way to a quieter world, but his core point remains... What about all those thousands of people who become the causalities of the never ending war between heroes and their recurring enemies? I mean, David never really answers that.

The world Devastator describes feels kinda like Kingdom Come, have you ever read that series? Actually that brings up another question, what happened to the Justice League and the Justice Society? Were they just unable to find enough recruits without the Titans? Did they get sidelined somehow? I know that's not the point of the story but I gotta wonder. Which makes me wonder, the Batman who took Devastator in, was that Bruce? Or Someone else?

I should note I wished Azer would just shut the fuck up. If it's all so damn important to her, she can drag her ass off her ivory tower and hustle her narrow butt down to earth and help out. Otherwise... To Hell With Her.

And I'm left feeling sorry for Starfire and not sure I agree over Robin going into instant attack mode. Robin, even Dick Grayson the most orthodox and most Batman like of the Robins (to the point that he actually became Batman when Bruce disappeared, man I wished we had stuck to that and followed it through) isn't as inflexible and hidebound as Batman. Dick would likely never condone Starfire killing her jailer/torturer/owner... thingy, but he has to recognize that everyone has a limit and there are some things that cannot be borne. Not to mention... How else can Starfire be expected to gain her freedom? His culture won't punish him for his actions, her culture sold her off like a bolt of cloth and everyone else either doesn't give a damn or doesn't care (have to wonder where the Green Lanterns were for this one. Way to drop ball space cops!). I'm fairly sure Robin would at least try to talk to Starfire first, if nothing else to get her to stand down.

He certainly wouldn't cover it up, I agree there. Tim Drake or Jason Todd likely would but not Dick. Nor would Dick likely allow her to stay with the Titans.

I don't know, if we're suppose to disagree with Starfire's acts... I'm not feeling that. Warp is guilty of murder, treason against the entire species if not the entire universe, trafficking with the powers of darkness and it seems witchcraft (under the old definition of using Satan as an occult source of power, usually at the cost of your soul), he is bluntly an enemy of all humanity and all life. Besides not like there are any judges around to turn him into. She is well within her rights and duty to rip his head off and throw into the nearest fiery pit. Not that makes her feel any better, poor girl.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#77 Re:

Post by LadyTevar »

General Havoc wrote:This one'll be updated in hopefully a few days. I've been smacked up with life issues.
I'm glad the "Life Issues" finally went away. :thumb:

Nothing to add to Frigid's thoughts on Devastator v David, but for the one "OH COME ON!!!" after the bastard SURVIVED the massive drop of rocks & explosives. However, the nitrogen bomb made up for it.

White Raven finally waking up is going to be fantastic.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#78 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by General Havoc »

I had to send Devastator out with a proverbial bang, after all.

Brighter than the sun...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#79 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by LadyTevar »

That wasn't really Azar's voice in her head, was it. It was more of the torture

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#80 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by rhoenix »

This may be a mark of my own memory issues, but it's becoming increasingly clear that I need to read this story again from the beginning. Catching up with a new chapter once you have one finished helps transplant me back in the world, but a work like this deserves to have the reader fully immersed in the experience of reading it, and to do less would be to do this story a disservice, I think.

So far, it goes without saying that your attention to details (both major and minor, both of character and of setting) is exemplary and your plot telling and pacing are both deeply impressive.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#81 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by LadyTevar »

That was an AWESOME story Havoc. I hope Aquilifer and Marcus are still having fun adventures.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#82 Re: Author Feedback: General Havoc

Post by General Havoc »

:) Glad you liked it.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."