Author Feedback for Academia Nut

UFR - Give author feedback

Moderator: LadyTevar

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Well, while your opinion is your opinion, I do feel the pedantic need to point out that the song I linked is

1) Not techno in any sense, its more of a rock/metal version
2) Is a cover, not a remix
3) Johnny Cash's performance is also a cover. The original and most popular version is from 1948

Also, around chapter 50 you're going to be seeing where actual Dr. Who fits into this universe.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

And caught up. Still feeling Dr. Who vibes from Lars.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

One thing to say that occurred to me over the night.

I think Skauld may have over reacted to the riders of Nesme. I mean let's think about this. These guys live in a pretty black and white universe, the appearance of devils has always, ALWAYS, been bad news for them, usually of the OH GODS WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE variety. They had no reason to view this as anything else but a bad thing.

They are directly responsible for the well being and safety of their entire town. The Eryines are members of a known hostile group and are approaching armed and fast. This is like condemning NATO anti-air gunners to hell for shooting down a flight of Soviet fighters in West German air space in 1986. Yeah they made a mistake but they if they didn't open fire, they ran the risk of their town being destroyed.

Some punishment is warranted I agree, but she made their punishment eternal without any chance of more then temporary respite. That's to far for what they did.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn dude what did the realms ever do to you?
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

They ran over my dog!

*shakes fist*

More seriously, I enjoy blowing shit up. Also, Skuld probably overreacted with the riders, although she's nice enough that once enough of them have learned their lesson she can probably be convinced to undo the curse.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

And what a tangled web of back-biting

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

More seriously, I enjoy blowing shit up.
Well I can certainly understand that motivation :grin:
Also, Skuld probably overreacted with the riders, although she's nice enough that once enough of them have learned their lesson she can probably be convinced to undo the curse.
If she's anywhere in the same universe. Of course the ways things are going, it'll be hard for her to leave. Gotta alot of responsibilities there now and all you know?

Which reminds, you should totally make the mute dwarf her first high priest.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Well well... this is the idealogy of Silverymoon taken to extreme. It's going to be interesting.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I'm little surprised at the elf's reaction. Silverymoon allows anyone in who comes in peace and follows the law. For her to so... pissy doesn't work with the cannon.

I mean fuck all they let in Drow! Drizzt ain't the only one whose been in there either.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Not exactly. Drizzt had to carve out more of a name for himself in the region and establish his goodness before he was allowed to walk in Silverymoon without the cover of illusions. The prejudice comes from the fact that very few people expect the monstrous races to actually follow through with obeying the law, especially in such large numbers. Elves live a long time and the region is full of conflict, so a Knight in Silver would have seen a lot of bad things happen and would be skeptical of everything being said.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Not exactly man.

Miss Silverhair forbade him entry on his first attempt not because he was Drow but because he had some heavy mojo following him but specifically told him he was free to enter next time.

This is when no one had fucking heard of him, because he was just some nutball from Icewind Dale tagging along with a crazy Dwarf who claimed to be a King (Breunor was a King, mostly because he killed everything that disagreed with him, which is how God Meant For Kings to be Established anyways).

Also in later novels other Drow were allowed into Silverymoon as long as they followed law. Fuck Orcs have been allowed in according to the Silver Marches game book!
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

He said it.

Ouch... this is going to be bad.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

[quote]The whole scene started to fade and Skuld said, “Let’s go momma, they need their rest,â€

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

That's one hell of a miracle dude.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm not familiar with Malar's Commandments... but I'm expecting something like "never a mother with child."

And Asmodeus just lost his chance with Ao. Lars, as grieving husband, is going to slaughter everyone.

:shock: Ohshit, wha'ts Gunnhild doing?!
Last edited by LadyTevar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

A great end to the Lars/Skuld arc.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I think we're about to see what can ass-stomp the Neo-Chaos. :shock:

Ohfuckmerunning.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

If I didn't know any better AN I would think you had been in at some point.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

In? As in the military? Because no, I have never been part of an military or paramilitary organization. The closest relation to the military I have is... uh... not much. My dad is a paramedic turned training officer for firefighters, and I had a great uncle (I think that was the relation) who was a bomber pilot during WW2 and who was shot down and killed over Berlin (interesting note, I discovered a few years ago that he was a Pathfinder for the RAF, which is pretty harcore), so no, pretty much no contact with the military outside pop culture and Internet conversations between members of the MESS over at SDN.

I'm guessing the comment has to do with the military's method of getting to the corrupt teacher.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

The military does indeed have that sort of sense of humor, I can personally assure you of that.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Report for 6month retraining... your tribunal is set for a date in 7 months. Until then, you do your re-training.

Yeah, so Military :twisted:

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Well... FUCK. Mission Failed... but damn if that wasn't a good try.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

So... It's gonna be a long war.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I thought one of the reasons they chose her was because of her Eva's mutations, or lack of them. I thought the military wanted to see if she'd start new mutations in response to Scipio.

But walking into the Colonial encampment with her EVA is a VERY BAD PLAN... even if she -does- have PreCog. Did she even consult it before walking in?

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn Kids Never Stay Off The Lawn.