Author Feedback: Steve

UFR - Give author feedback

Moderator: LadyTevar

Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

#1 Author Feedback: Steve

Post by Mayabird »

I give "The Girl in the Metal Suit" my baby seal of approval.

So read it now before I club you like one!
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Girl in the Metal Suit II was awesome. Write more!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

You just wrote Cain into the JLverse? ...Nice!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Ra never plays at just one level does he?
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Damn Steve... that was tense.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:Damn Steve... that was tense.
When writing the Shattering of Mrak'resfj, I was flipping through my Playlist to find good music for it.

I ended up listening to the "Davy Jones" track from the score to Pirates of the Caribbean 2. It had, to me, the right kind of somber and dramatic beat.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn Steve. Is there anything else on the ADN-Dominion War?
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

frigidmagi wrote:Damn Steve. Is there anything else on the ADN-Dominion War?
Not ATM.

Updated "The Decision", BTW.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

How about The War That Wasn't?
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

frigidmagi wrote:How about The War That Wasn't?
Haven't updated that in months.
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

The ex-wife is a bit of bitch when ever a uniform is in sight isn't she? I would have reacted... Poorly to the blackmail she tried on the boy. For example I once suggested to my mother that she could feel free to find other uses for her money if she disliked me buying comic books on my allowence. I believe I was unfairly called stubborn for that.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I'm enjoying the story Steve and it's nice to see Zaria again, in another universe. Write more.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

WHHHOOOOOOOOO! IT'S ON!
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

A good chapter Steve, I thought the Federation was overwhelmingly athiest however?
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

frigidmagi wrote:A good chapter Steve, I thought the Federation was overwhelmingly athiest however?
A) There might still be some people who are religious.

B) As Mike Wong pointed out once, even atheists use the word "God" at times. When you've just killed your best friend and feel the need for forgiveness......
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

O'Neil and Worf? Oh this is gonna be fun!
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

So Miller is running protests to let the colonists go? I thought she would have been full of fire to keep them in the Federation lest they become an unenlightened danger to the Galaxtic peace she prattles on about.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

frigidmagi wrote:So Miller is running protests to let the colonists go? I thought she would have been full of fire to keep them in the Federation lest they become an unenlightened danger to the Galaxtic peace she prattles on about.
But fighting a war is WRONG.

Miller is one of the pacifists who will stick to it no matter what comes, until she dies broken. They are, of course, a rarity, and most of her followers are going to switch camps on her.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Good writing Steve, I gotta say though I'm sadden that the urban arts of the combat engineer seem to be dead and gone in that universe. I would have collapsed buildings, laid mines and even blown apart streets (what's the sewer system like in Jefferson?) to slow and stall the Feddie tanks. Admittedly all that would have done is slow and constrict the armored advance but more importantly the infantry would have been stripped of armor support... Do I have to explain why that would be important folks? :twisted:

You only think the battle was expensive before you let the engineers run free and wild.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

See I can believe riots on Earth, some Feddie citizens seem more like spoiled childern then anything else.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I'm wondering if we'll see any of the Startrek powers get involved? Or is the ADN shaking clubs at everyone and warning them to stay the fuck out?

Also I would love to see Quark give a variant of his Siege of AR 15 speech if at all possible. This story is pretty tailor made for it.
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

I thoroughly approve of the third issue of GitMS. I'm just a little mad that there aren't more views of the story.

How much of the repercussions of the civil war are you planning on showing in the story? I remember you were talking about things such as the collapse of the Ferengi economy but I don't remember if you mentioned if those were going to be officially elaborated upon in the story.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Links to the songs Steve has mentioned in his fic by Iced Earth.

Devil to Pay

Hold at All Costs

High Water Mark

Edit:

I found the song Steve had that band in Part I playing

Declaration Day

I like it.
Last edited by frigidmagi on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Tell Ed thanks for writing the stories. The Zohan were cute in WPP but they almost seemed cartoonish. Taloran children or space-gnomes, as one person said. Here, they're a very serious species fleeing for their survival.

Question: I thought the Zohan themselves were the ones that introduced the inter-universal drive since that's what they made in order to flee. Was I confused about that?

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn it I always knew Gowron was a fuck up. Good moves on the Rommies part. Any of the other powers doing anything Steve? The Gorn and what not?