Waffle fried chicken and spiced potatoes

KT: Where the Culinary Masters Showcase their art. A'la Cuisine!
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#1 Waffle fried chicken and spiced potatoes

Post by B4UTRUST »

Waffles can trace their origins as far back as the 9th century. Fried chicken goes back to at least the middle ages. Both are great by themselves.

Then someone came up with the idea of eating both at the same time. Chicken and waffles. Some claim it to be soul food, others attribute it to Thomas Jefferson. Some theories have it as a delicacy from the deep south during the civil war. No one seems to know for sure. Or at least I don't and can't find a better answer. That delicate balance of sweet and salty, crunchy and soft. It's great.

But that's not good enough.

No, instead I take it one step further. In the great tradition of American chefs creating dishes that are guaranteed to add pounds to your weight in the most unhealthy way possible, I give you this. Waffle fried chicken and pan fried spiced potatoes. A chicken breast marinated in a yummy blend of herbs and spices, dredged in waffle batter and deep fried. Served with a warm bourbon maple syrup. The potato was diced and pan fried in bacon grease and tossed in a bowl with a mix of salt, pepper, minced garlic, turmeric, rosemary, paprika, basil and of course chopped up bacon.

That sound that you're hearing? No, the other one. The one that isn't your arteries clogging from reading this. That sound is your stomach. It is jealous.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers