FF3:ANT Items

FFGD: For the Developers of the Final Flamwar JRPG series....were we make the video games.

Moderator: Dark Silver

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 FF3:ANT Items

Post by Dark Silver »

So this is for the various items we will have in the game. After we get the list, we can hash out how "powerful" they are, and when they get unlocked.

Current List is all "placeholder" stuff to populate them until we decide on the full list.

Weapons:
Swords
Maces
Hammer
Staff
Spear
Claws
Bows
Guns

Armor:
Leather Armor
Chain mail
Scale Mail
Plate Armor

Accessories:
Headband
Magic Earings
Magic Resist Braclet
Speed Boots
Flameproof Cloak

Items:
Pheonix Down
Red Potion (restores HP)
Blue Potion (Quintessence - restores MP)
Orange Potion (Restores HP & MP)
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Steve
Master

#2 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Steve »

Eh, let me get the program and I'll start giving you a proper item list. :cool:

And what's this blasphemy? "Quintessence"? Red potion? Blue ptopn? Green? Not in my JRPG! No siree, we will have it as God, er, Sakaguchi intended! Potions, Hi Potions, X-Potions, Ethers, and Elixirs! (The latter may or may not be found in some clocks in towns...). :cool:
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#3 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Dark Silver »

heh, well, this was a temp list, nothing solid, just meant to populate it until we figure it all out

:P
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Steve
Master

#4 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Steve »

Actually, at this point, anyone have ideas for Legendary Weapons and such we can take from popular myth, culture, and fantasy?

In FFTFM we had Excalibur as it was in FFIV (that is, Cecil's Mythgraven Sword augmented by Adamantite by the Dwarven smith Kokkol), Dyrnwyn (from the Prydain Chronicles), Anduril, Baruk Khazad, Graedus (taken from FF, usually the most powerful knife-type weapon in such games), Merlin's Staff, and Chrono Trigger's Masamune. The FF staple of the Holy Lance also made an appearance as Marina's Ultimate Weapon.

Of course, there are other names we can apply to legendary-level weapons. A Yoichi Bow, for instance, as well as swords named Joyeuse, Durandal, Caladbolg, and Tizona. Anyone have fun ideas?
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#5 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by frigidmagi »

Should they all be mythological in nature?

The Gae Bulg is the spear of Cúchulainn, the mightiest hero in Irish mythology. Called the spear of mortal pain/death, it is a barbed throwing spear that when it hits you, explodes sending barbs into every part of your body.

Caladbolg is a two handed great sword said to be able to lop the tops off of hills and when swung has a rainbow like effect.

More as I think of them.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#6 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Batman »

Anduril but not Orcrist and Glamdring? :smile:
Balmung (or whatever iteration of the sword's name you want to use) from norse mythology (the sword of Sigurd/Siegfried)
Stormbringer and Mournblade from the Elric of Melnibone stories
Twinkle and Icingdeath, just to piss off the Drizzt haters :razz:
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#7 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by SirNitram »

I find this incredibly serious. Are the plans not including the goofier stuff from the FF legacy and the history of these places?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#8 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Dark Silver »

If I have my way, the humor will remain in ANT. It wouldn't be Final Flamewar without the humor and goofy stuff....

But gotta have the stuff figured out before we can add the comedy ya know.
Steve
Master

#9 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Steve »

It's an FF game. There will be humor. Heck, your introduction was probably going to involve Tev smacking the main protagonist on the head for giving you sugar and making you go hyper. :cool:

BTW, my notes still have you as a Black Mage and Tev as White Mage.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#10 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Dark Silver »

Which reminds me.....

we should probably have a Plot Summary thread for discussion and development of it....(including figuring out sidequests and the like later on).

....I'll leave you to do that one Steve, since your Story and Scripting.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#11 Re: FF3:ANT Items

Post by Batman »

Any topic becomes needlessly serious the moment I post in it, what with the no sense of humour thing and all. Though DS did ask for weapons from popular myth, and real world mythology is usually not all that funny.

And wrong universe or not, I can't believe I forgot Mjolnir!
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'