Final Flamewar: Ex Libris Arcana - Equipment

FFGD: For the Developers of the Final Flamwar JRPG series....were we make the video games.

Moderator: Dark Silver

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Final Flamewar: Ex Libris Arcana - Equipment

Post by Dark Silver »

For discussion of Weapons, Armor, and General Equipment for Final Flamewar Ex Libris Arcana
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#2 Re: Final Flamewar: Ex Libris Arcana - Equipment

Post by B4UTRUST »

Since apparently me actually talking to the developer isn't good enough...

Throw-able/one use weapons:
Slow potions to slow mobs ATB bar recharge
Molotovs for AoE fire damage
Smoke bomb for better chance of combat escape or for temp increasing the party's def or evade scores
Splash poison to target single mob for DoT

While all these could be accomplished by a mage class, of course, it could give other classes some access to similar effects if there's no mage in the party.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#3 Re: Final Flamewar: Ex Libris Arcana - Equipment

Post by Dark Silver »

Digging through the Database - I can pretty much customize everything on the game's weapons, (hell we don't have to have Katana's if we don't want too), but the flexibility STILL leaves me at a impass on how to do weapons....

At first I was thinking of going with three classifications of swords

Light - fast and multiple attacks, but lower overall damage. Think Rapiers.
Medium - your "typical" long and broadswords Medium speed, Medium Damage
Greatswords - Claymores, two handed bastard, etc

Blunt Force weapons would get Hammers and Maces

Pretty much everything else would be singular - Staffs, Claws, Knives/Daggers, Bows, etc.

At this point, we'd probably drop the "graded by metal" scale, and swap to just naming the various weapons -

I.E.: Frying Pan, Mallet, War Maul, Stone Smasher
with the "higher level" weapons possibly having additional Elemental damage associated with them.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#4 Re: Final Flamewar: Ex Libris Arcana - Equipment

Post by Dark Silver »

Armor

I'm considering breaking them down into "types"

Obviously we'll have Cloth Armors - those worn by Magic users primarily (White and Black Mages)

Then we'll have the Light, Medium and Heavy armors

I'm thinking Lights will be primarily types of leather style armors (Cured, Padded, Lacquered, Studded, Banded, etc)

Medium Armors will be the various Chain and Scale Mails (Chains are slightly lower armor, but higher agility, while scales are opposite). Probably do these by the "metal" quality scale.

Heavy Armors is the half and full plate suits - again, half-plates allow better agility, while full plates trade off agility for better AC.

Suggestions, thoughts, etc?