Items you realized you didn't really want in the end.

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Soontir948
Disciple

#1 Items you realized you didn't really want in the end.

Post by Soontir948 »

Last year I bought several Doctor Who items at decent prices on eBay. Now all they are to me are a waste of space. They were a couple 12" dolls/figures of the Clockwork Man, Judoon Trooper, and a Dalek Sec Hybrid. I even got the Arachness deluxe figure which I've read had legs that easily break off. Though having one Clockwork Man is enough, they're awesome but the extras can leave!

I've also some Warhammer Codex and assorted other WH books that I never touched as well. Like I was gonna spend some serious money on those miniatures in the first place. :roll:

So, what did things did you buy and realized you actually didn't want?
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

A giant Fry-Daddy.

I thought Nit could start frying his own french fries.
It's sat unused since Xmas.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

A PS3, if I had done some more research before I bought it I'd have realized that it has crap games and you have to use a CC for DLC. SO now it's just used for Blu-Ray. Total waste.

A tonne of camping supplies; tents, stove, lantern, fuel, tarps, sleeping bags etc. I've discovered that the Army ruined camping for me, so we never go. But, hey! if there's an apocalypse I'm your man.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Barbarian Sword. Looked really nifty in the pix, except when it arrived I found out that it was a two-handed sword plus change handle matched to a barely-longsword blade.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

My PSP. I used it to relive the nostalgia of playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and was briefly playing with Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics when it became boring about a year ago, and has gathered dust since.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

Flames of War Core books for when the new edition came outa few years back, got the mini-rulebook for free cause well the guys at my local, or rather where I go anyways, are cool. Ended up trading them along with buying another RPG book for a mate for $1500 worth of WARMACHINE mini's, so a cool $1250-$1300 profit in trade there. Now, no idea if I'm gonna play WARMACHINE anymore, and might have all these expensive mini's that whilst cool are burninga hole in my room. :p

Soontir948, what WH codicies et al are you packing you aren't interested in?

Cheers,

Squidgey.
I am the Squire to a Gobbo named Ram Rock Ed First who is trapped inside of an Impenetrable and Indestructable Magically Imbued Steel Orc Golem Prison Shell!

Wow!
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I only have the Dark Angels (2nd) in front of me (have to look for the others) but they are definitely outdated now. I bought them a couple years ago when another forum (only one other) was ramping up WH popularity.
Last edited by Soontir948 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squidgey
Apprentice

Post by Squidgey »

2nd ed Dark angels or The Angels of Death Codex that combined the both? In any case, some of the older codicies occasionally sell for a good little bit one bay. If you have anything from rogue trader days (1st edition, early 2nd edition 40k) shoot me a pm.
I am the Squire to a Gobbo named Ram Rock Ed First who is trapped inside of an Impenetrable and Indestructable Magically Imbued Steel Orc Golem Prison Shell!

Wow!
The Minx
Pleasure Kitten

Post by The Minx »

Squidgey wrote:If you have anything from rogue trader days (1st edition, early 2nd edition 40k) shoot me a pm.
Me too. :)
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

am debating on whether a cell phone is really something i ever wanted ~_~
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.