Halloween Costume

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Village Idiot
Initiate

#1 Halloween Costume

Post by The Village Idiot »

I know its a bit early to be talking about this seeing as we are in the middle of September, but I thought I would get a jump on it this year. Every year I never end up in costume, or I hit the dollar store a few hours before and throw together some craptacular thing and call it good. I have had enough! Unfortunately I have no idea what to go as, so I come asking for your help. And who knows, maybe you will end up with a great idea as well. So please, will you help a poor pathetic soul out?

The only rules:
No clowns (I have a friend with a serious phobia)
Under $150 (I can make exceptions for something really worth it)
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

One: PMs you should reply to them.

Two: I have to know, who is afraid of clowns?

Three: Have you considered dressing as a clown?

Four: If no, how about Sean dressing as a clown?

Five: Do you want to grab a premade or make one from odds and ends? If so, we need to hit Goodwill.
Last edited by frigidmagi on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Sorry about the pm, didn't log in yesterday, but I am working straight through till Thursday.

Susan, Tommys girl friend.

No

No

I am willing to start with a premade but usually they are low quality, I can copy or modify as needed.

Ideas is the foundation here, execution comes easier.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

High Plains Drifter? Mobbed Stock Broker (we need a nice suit we can tear up and something to tie around your neck loosely)? Bruce Campbell? Mad Scientist? How about some sort of Clown rapper?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Hmm, some good ideas to start thanks.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Is this for a party? Are you a reasonably good actor or can stay in character for something? My first thought was a crazy street preacher. Wear a sandwich board with too many capital letters and at least one noticeable spelling error, and interrupt the party at good moments with announcements/rants/preachings about increasingly mundane things that are full of potentially world-destroying depravity and sinfulness, like National Geographic magazines. Then pray to drive the demons out of the chips or whatever other snacks are there.

There's also the idea of the One Nightstand. Paint a cardboard box to look like a nightstand (with a hole in the middle for your head) and wear a lampshade on your head. Then, glue a condom wrapper and a twenty dollar bill (or equivalent - I don't remember where you live) to the nightstand. Best if the money is glued by just an edge or corner so you can remove it easily, plus it's loose that way.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Grab a bathrobe and a towel and some pajamas

go as Arthur Dent.
Problem solved.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

It's for 2 parties and I can act/stay in character. I may do AD for one party, lol, that's a nice one. Sandwich board sounds good.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Too bad you're not out here I'd say you could Jump on the band wagon with us and go as either

Happy

(classic) Nick Fury

Or even WhipLash

(I am going as Natasha Romanoff and Russell is going as Tony Stark (he is wearing this along with a disheveled suit and a never empty glass of Scotch.)
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Rukia wrote:(I am going as Natasha Romanoff and Russell is going as Tony Stark (he is wearing this along with a disheveled suit and a never empty glass of Scotch.)
Oh, that is classic :grin: I love the idea.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I need some ideas for halloween. Right now I'm thinking either Odin, The Dread Pirate Roberts (Oh God finding those boots for cheap will be painful), or a Roman legionnaire.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Which Odin are you going for? Comic-book Odin All-Father would be a pain in the tail. Classic Odin would be a little easier. Odin from "American Gods" is easiest of all.

Odin was often shown as a elder gentleman (mid-40s-early 50s), with a missing eye, a staff/cane he leaned upon, and well-worn traveling clothes. Often, instead of a patch, he had a slouching hat or long graying hair that would cover the missing eye. Sometimes, he had both patch and slouch hat. Modern interpretations often show him in a fedora or wide-brimmed hat, a long trench coat, and rumbled clothing. The staff or cane is a twisted branch of wood, like the ones you see sold as 'primitive-art': the natural shape of the wood polished but otherwise untouched, or carved with ravens and wolves.

You can find descriptions of American Gods Odin anywhere. The main bit with him is the silver World Tree necklace.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I was thinking classic or American Gods version. Definitely not comic-book Odin. If I was made of money I would go as Baron Munchhausen.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
The Village Idiot
Initiate

After careful consideration of various suggestions, I am currently thinking of going as "The Dude", or depending on if I can find overalls, Mario/Luigi.