Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

fgalkin wrote:What's Doogie Houser?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
It's how Neil Patrick Harris got his start - by playing a child prodigy doctor.

It's only recently that he sniffed coke off of prostitutes' asses and tried to take over the world.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Did I just?

Did you?

Did I read?

You know there are much less messy ways of committing suicide.

Cat we're friends. So barring an explanation of the kind that would move God himself to spare Sodom, I promise when I find you to give you 5 minutes to run for your life.

You'll die tired but hey, I'll sleep better and we both know that's what is important here.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Frigid, you're adorable when you threaten people with violence. :grin:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I believe my comment was that Frigid would soon be taking a short trip to Canada with a pair of thumbscrews and a pipe cutter.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Look, I've heard some of the stuff Sharkbait and Ben put frigid through. If frigid was inclined to come after me because of an absurdist joke, both of those boys would have disappeared in the desert a long time ago.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Sharkbait in a long time.... :razz:
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Sharkbait in a long time....
I have an alibi! I have witnesses! You can prove Nothing! NOTHING!
Look, I've heard some of the stuff Sharkbait and Ben put frigid through. If frigid was inclined to come after me because of an absurdist joke, both of those boys would have disappeared in the desert a long time ago.
Well, Cat there's something very important you should know. They fed me and gave me a place to stay first. It's bad manners to kill your hosts. I don't recall you ever feeding me.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Sharkbait is hooked up with a red head now. Frigid's way down the list of suspects if he disappears.

As to the other, that would be a good point if we weren't talking about Sharkbait and Ben.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

frigidmagi wrote:
Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Sharkbait in a long time....
I have an alibi! I have witnesses! You can prove Nothing! NOTHING!
This is a court order to appear on AIM and give testimony. You dirty rat.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

If Sweepy (did you really think changing your handle would get me to drop the nickname?) is wearing the Hubcap of Shame, then I demand he do the dance and say the words!
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

frigidmagi wrote:If Sweepy (did you really think changing your handle would get me to drop the nickname?) is wearing the Hubcap of Shame, then I demand he do the dance and say the words!
Fucking hell, that bus is heavy.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

DAMN YOU HOTFOOT! THE SONG IS IN MY HEAD NOW

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Bats, man, what the hell? No, you know what? I'm going to deconstruct this down to the core elements of why you're wrong.

1. People are attracted to multiple things. There's almost never one single thing that can make up for a serious detriment to other factors. If I'm not attracted to people with, say, brown hair, there is virtually nothing you could do that would make me attracted to such a person. Similarly, if I was similarly not attracted to someone with green eyes, the same is true. You could give either woman every other factor of attraction that would match me and I still wouldn't choose either of them. The eyes and hair thing are arbitrary, but you could put in any other thing, weight, (too thin OR too fat), religion, political views, etc. It's NOT a binary choice, no matter how much you might like it to be. People are complex and so are relationships, though I suppose knowledge of that comes with experience.

2. When someone puts a gun to my head (or someone else's) and says "make a decision or people die", THEY are the evil son of a bitch, not me. I have killed nobody, and it's the height of stupidity to claim otherwise. Let me put it to you this way, the head of a Concentration Camp comes up to you and says, "Pull a lever, the one on the right will gas Gypsies, the one on the left will gas Jews. If you don't pull either lever, I'll gas them both while you watch, and then kill you."

You're in a shitty circumstance. If you pull the lever, you're directly responsible for killing people to save your life, but you did so under duress, the direct threat of death if you did not comply. People would likely understand. Now, the "right" thing to do would be to throw yourself at the son of a bitch who constructed the scenario and fight back, even though it would likely mean your death and the deaths of all involved, but this sort of simplistic scenario doesn't allow for that sort of thinking. It doesn't allow for the fact that some people would not accept such a thing and would fight back. It doesn't allow for the complexities of human nature. It just gives a binary situation and demands an answer, come hell or high water. And thus it's a lousy tool to use and a terrible one for things with more depth than "who would you rather see dead".

By the way, the scenario where you refuse to choose? Under no circumstance ever have I heard that you are now "responsible" for killing anyone. You fired no weapon, you pulled no lever, you made a choice to NOT actively kill anyone. Such an individual would be lauded as a hero for making such a decision, even if it resulted in their own deaths and the deaths of others. They are the people who valued what is right over what is safe. That some asshole then proceeded to kill others in some sort of retribution is not on their heads, but on the head of the asshole who actually committed the murders.

In short, shove it. I've dated women who wouldn't be on anyone's top ten list, but I do draw the lines at certain extremes, no matter what else is on the table. Most everyone here is exactly the same, and trying to force idiotic binary scenarios is utterly pointless and ultimately a gigantic waste of time.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if your dating life involves life or death choices about who gets their head blown off, then you are probably doing it wrong...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."