Board symbols discussion

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Religious considerations, plain and simple. They do not have to be logical or reasonable, they simply have to be brought up. And the rational people out there are still vastly outnumbered by the religious ones, thus anyone arguing there's "nothing wrong with the pentagram symbol" is "wrong" because the larger group can outshout the smaller one.

That's my take on the issue at any rate, since I haven't seen a single rational arguement against it.
So Satanism is more 'objectionable' than killing a large number of people, despite Satanism is more a pop-culture phenomenon while Nagasaki and Hiroshima were real?

EDIT: and that ignoring the fact that Pentagram is not always necessarily associated with Satanism. IIRC, before Christianity, it was a symbol of Earth-related harmony or something.
Actually, I looked up the symbol before. Satanic association is in fact quite a minor, though relatively recent and recognized meaning. It's other meanings and uses vastly outweigh such, but apparently that doesn't matter.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Robert Walper wrote:Religious considerations, plain and simple. They do not have to be logical or reasonable, they simply have to be brought up. And the rational people out there are still vastly outnumbered by the religious ones, thus anyone arguing there's "nothing wrong with the pentagram symbol" is "wrong" because the larger group can outshout the smaller one.

That's my take on the issue at any rate, since I haven't seen a single rational arguement against it.
Ah yes Walper, you are the one reasonable man standing against the flood of irrationality. Where have I heard this before... Oh yeah, Darkstar. As for your entire argument, fallicious. Let me see if I can knock this into your head if I use bold lettering. No one is arguing if the pentagram is "wrong", the argument is about if we should use a religious symbol with bad implications on a small webboard where every person counts.

And apparently you cannot read as there have been NUMEROUS rational arguements against the use of the Pentagram
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:So Satanism is more 'objectionable' than killing a large number of people, despite Satanism is more a pop-culture phenomenon while Nagasaki and Hiroshima were real?
I would say it is more of an issue of the connections people make in their head. Oddly enough when I see a Pentagram my mind goes to Satanism and a whole lot of other bad nasty things. When I think about nukes, I think only about the nukes. The fact that they killed a large group of people does not really cross my mind until it is mentioned and even then my mind goes through all the reasonable ways that they have been used. I don't really know why it would do that. But I'd like to think that my mind isn't that far off that I could apply the situation to most people. Basically a "Satanism=Animal and people sacrifices" "Nukes=WWII and testing in the Midwest".
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Dakarne wrote:
before Christianity, it was a symbol of Earth-related harmony or something.
Wicca and Paganism.

Which were both branded as 'eval' by Christianity... along with a lot of things, which themselves are rather victimless.
Yeah, and alot of christian fundies are offended by evil things like gay rights, nudity, atheism, etc. The pentagram is just another one of their targets for irrational condemning.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Robert Walper wrote:Actually, I looked up the symbol before. Satanic association is in fact quite a minor, though relatively recent and recognized meaning. It's other meanings and uses vastly outweigh such, but apparently that doesn't matter.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting up my swastika submission, or my cross submission as both have many other uses other than their most known one. And I expect you to fully back me.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Charon wrote:No one is arguing if the pentagram is "wrong", the argument is about if we should use a religious symbol with bad implications on a small webboard where every person counts.
Too bad the majority of people's interpretations (or so you say) of the pentagram does not make them right, now does it? Or do you think that because the world's majority population thought the world was flat, they were right?

The pentagram having negative implications is entirely subjective. It doesn't for me and many others I personally know.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Charon wrote:"Satanism=Animal and people sacrifices"
Quite simply the most irrational, incorrect, and flawed view I've ever heard. Satanic rituals don't actually exist. Animal sacrifices were done in old religions (where they'd use a lamb, pig or cow, and then use it for food anyway, which I have no problem with).
Ah yes Walper, you are the one reasonable man standing against the flood of irrationality. Where have I heard this before... Oh yeah, Darkstar.
Actually, there's several people who agree that the Pentagram is a harmless symbol. And I dislike Walper, he just happens to be raising a valid point herein (a rare occurence, but still...). I wouldn't liken Walper to Darkstar in this instance, although in one or two of his arguements he HAS used similar tactics (although that is irrelevant to this discussion)
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Charon wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Actually, I looked up the symbol before. Satanic association is in fact quite a minor, though relatively recent and recognized meaning. It's other meanings and uses vastly outweigh such, but apparently that doesn't matter.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting up my swastika submission, or my cross submission as both have many other uses other than their most known one. And I expect you to fully back me.
And yes, I would.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Charon wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:So Satanism is more 'objectionable' than killing a large number of people, despite Satanism is more a pop-culture phenomenon while Nagasaki and Hiroshima were real?
I would say it is more of an issue of the connections people make in their head. Oddly enough when I see a Pentagram my mind goes to Satanism and a whole lot of other bad nasty things. When I think about nukes, I think only about the nukes. The fact that they killed a large group of people does not really cross my mind until it is mentioned and even then my mind goes through all the reasonable ways that they have been used. I don't really know why it would do that. But I'd like to think that my mind isn't that far off that I could apply the situation to most people. Basically a "Satanism=Animal and people sacrifices" "Nukes=WWII and testing in the Midwest".
But here's the problem: Pentagram's association with human sacrifice is closer to pop-culture instead of reality, while nuclear casualties IS real. So which one is more rational: objection against Pentagram, or against Nuclear Weapons?

EDIT:
Charon wrote:Ok, I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting up my swastika submission, or my cross submission as both have many other uses other than their most known one. And I expect you to fully back me.
I don't think it is fair to compare Pentagram with Swastika (unless we're talking about Buddhist Swastika), since Nazi's atrocities is real compared to pop-culture depiction of Satanism.
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

I don't mind swastika's... they're a mere image. Crosses appear on the English flag. I actually relate the Swastika to the original Buddhist usage, rather than the Nazi usage. (Which I'd rather we forget they existed outside the history class, they bring up disturbing thoughts which many of us could live without.)
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Robert Walper wrote:
Charon wrote:No one is arguing if the pentagram is "wrong", the argument is about if we should use a religious symbol with bad implications on a small webboard where every person counts.
Too bad the majority of people's interpretations (or so you say) of the pentagram does not make them right, now does it? Or do you think that because the world's majority population thought the world was flat, they were right?

The pentagram having negative implications is entirely subjective. It doesn't for me and many others I personally know.
You don't get it do you?

In a webboard where every single person is a Very Importent Denzine(VID!), you cannot afford to offend anyone, regardless of why.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Ace Pace wrote:
You don't get it do you?

In a webboard where every single person is a Very Importent Denzine(VID!), you cannot afford to offend anyone, regardless of why.
Well, I'm offended it's not included, since I created it and think it fits the board nicely.

Thus, according to your logic, we cannot afford to offend anyone, therefore it must be included, right?
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Ace Pace wrote:You don't get it do you?

Ace, I believe we are not debating about it anymore: the issue has been resolved, and the Pentagram has been singled out for that reason.

Here, we are questioning why some people would be highly offended by Pentagram; especially when compared to things like Swastika or nuclear weapons, while, like I said, the "evil" of Pentagram is more a pop-culture image instead of reality.
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:Ace, I believe we are not debating about it anymore: the issue has been resolved, and the Pentagram has been singled out for that reason.
My previous arguement was the admin staff have final say, and DS has. Ace must have missed that point.
Here, we are questioning why some people would be highly offended by Pentagram; especially when compared to things like Swastika or nuclear weapons, while, like I said, the "evil" of Pentagram is more a pop-culture image instead of reality.
Excactly. I'm supposed to think a symbol is offensive when displaying mushroom clouds guilty of terrorizing a world and killing countless innocents is ok?
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Robert Walper wrote:

You said yourself Walper, right and wrong in moral arguments is entirely subjective. Thanks for kicking your own legs out from under yourself and missing the point of what Charon was tryng to say. Thus, numbers DO make right (because without an outside reference for comparison, such as the earth actually being round, correctness is created by group concensus), and because of this, many many atrocities across human history such as the crusades, were perfectly justified. That is what your logic brings us
But that is just it Walper, you dont matter.

To use your own argument, why the fuck should we tiptoe around your views of the world? Afterall, you can just leave, and not have to deal with it. I suppose I shouldstart working on a big crucifix and railroad it through, that way, you can be forced to sport christian religious symbols on your profile, and your only alternative is to suck it up, or leave.

Of course, if I were to actually do that, and sport your same level of stupidity, you would oppose it.

If I use your logic, I can never oppose anything anyone wants to do on moral grounds. I am perfectly justified in spraypainting "Death to the Hook-Nosed Red Sea Pedestrians" all over my hypothetical door, because I own the hypothetical partment complex and anyoone who doesnt like it can leave.

Or, alternatively, after people have already set up, I can mandate that everyone take part in an animal sacrifice to the blood god Gorflep, and anyone who doesnt comply will get evicted.

Fuck that. That is not a world where anyone wants to live.
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Too bad the majority of people's interpretations (or so you say) of the pentagram does not make them right, now does it? Or do you think that because the world's majority population thought the world was flat, they were right?

You said yourself Walper, right and wrong in moral arguments is entirely subjective. Thanks for kicking your own legs out from under yourself and missing the point of what Charon was tryng to say. Thus, numbers DO make right (because without an outside reference for comparison, such as the earth actually being round, correctness is created by group concensus), and because of this, many many atrocities across human history such as the crusades, were perfectly justified. That is what your logic brings us
But that is just it Walper, you dont matter.
Then why does the minority who are offended do?
To use your own argument, why the fuck should we tiptoe around your views of the world?
I never expect anyone to do so. I am, however, free to express my opinions, as is those who have opposite ones.
Afterall, you can just leave, and not have to deal with it. I suppose I shouldstart working on a big crucifix and railroad it through, that way, you can be forced to sport christian religious symbols on your profile, and your only alternative is to suck it up, or leave.
If it's your board, you damn well have the right. And if I don't like it and I'm unwilling to tolerate it, I will leave. Where's the problem? I'm not forced to be here. I have no need to be here. Again, where's the problem?

Are you truely too dense to grasp that this board and every account is private property?
Of course, if I were to actually do that, and sport your same level of stupidity, you would oppose it.
See above.
If I use your logic, I can never oppose anything anyone wants to do on moral grounds. I am perfectly justified in spraypainting "Death to the Hook-Nosed Red Sea Pedestrians" all over my hypothetical door, because I own the hypothetical partment complex and anyoone who doesnt like it can leave.
So long as said occupants aren't paying for the privelage of being here, and don't need to be here, you're right. Notice how members here fit both criteria.
Or, alternatively, after people have already set up, I can mandate that everyone take part in an animal sacrifice to the blood god Gorflep, and anyone who doesnt comply will get evicted.

Fuck that. That is not a world where anyone wants to live.
Another false analogy, as no one needs to be here, and participation is entirely voluntary. All members here are to follow board policies and rules.

As a staff member you should know damn well this board can be changed in any way the owner sees fit at any time. It's stated in the board policies for fuck's sake.

Being nice is optional. Being considerate to others is optional. Just because we are roaming someone's private property at their discretion doesn't give us a right to dictate what can and cannot be done, or even what should or should not be done. And being asked our opinions does not change this, anymore than asking your friends what color your car should be painted obligates you to follow their wishes.

And don't feed me your utility or merits crap again, either. Again, both those are determined by the owner...not you.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Dakarne wrote:
Charon wrote:"Satanism=Animal and people sacrifices"
Quite simply the most irrational, incorrect, and flawed view I've ever heard. Satanic rituals don't actually exist. Animal sacrifices were done in old religions (where they'd use a lamb, pig or cow, and then use it for food anyway, which I have no problem with).
Way to misinterpret what I said jack ass. That was in referance to what I believe most people think of when they see a Pentagram, I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet not. I said nothing about that shit actually happening, I said that is what is thought to be occuring.
Robert Walper wrote:Too bad the majority of people's interpretations (or so you say) of the pentagram does not make them right, now does it? Or do you think that because the world's majority population thought the world was flat, they were right?
Another false analogy. We are discussing what the implication of a symbol may mean, your analogy is involving statistically proven facts. And of course I may be wrong on this issue, but considering the number of religions with problems with pagan religions, I highly doubt it.
KAN wrote:I don't think it is fair to compare Pentagram with Swastika (unless we're talking about Buddhist Swastika), since Nazi's atrocities is real compared to pop-culture depiction of Satanism.
I am not trying to use what events are factually proven with these symbols but what the general outlook on these symbols are, and as far as I'm concerned on a public level they aren't that far away from one another.
Robert Walper wrote:Another false analogy, as no one needs to be here, and participation is entirely voluntary. All members here are to follow board policies and rules.

As a staff member you should know damn well this board can be changed in any way the owner sees fit at any time. It's stated in the board policies for fuck's sake.

Being nice is optional. Being considerate to others is optional. Just because we are roaming someone's private property at their discretion doesn't give us a right to dictate what can and cannot be done, or even what should or should not be done. And being asked our opinions does not change this, anymore than asking your friends what color your car should be painted obligates you to follow their wishes.

And don't feed me your utility or merits crap again, either. Again, both those are determined by the owner...not you.
Yes, the board owner has the right to do whatever he wants. But if he wants to be in the least bit successful he needs to give in to the whims of the people. Yes he has the right to change it to something that will piss a lot of people off, but doing so is quite possibly the most retarded thing to do and will soon lead to the death of the board he has set up. There is a dichotomy of power here Walper, the owner doesn't do anything to upset the people (Notice I said nothing about doing any favors to the people, so do not attempt bullshit analogies) and they stay where they can discuss issues. In return the owner gets hits on his domain and it flourishes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Bullshit Walper. The idea is open for discussion which means that utility can be dtermined by anyone. You are to fucking dense to realize that there is a difference between a course of action being advisable/moral, and forcing a property owner to abide by it. I dont know if you are this obtuse intentionally, or if you are just stupid but I am fairly certain it is a combination of both.
Are you truely too dense to grasp that this board and every account is private property?

Is your fucking skull laced with neutronium? That is not the issue. The issue of whether or not the admins have a right to do such an action is not what is being argued. It is whether or not such an idea is good or advisable, and that simple concept fails to penetrate your self regenerating wall of ignorance.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

If I may suggest to an admin that considering the change in topic and the vitriol that this be placed in the Down Below or possibly Philosophy and Theology?
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Charon wrote:
Another false analogy. We are discussing what the implication of a symbol may mean, your analogy is involving statistically proven facts. And of course I may be wrong on this issue, but considering the number of religions with problems with pagan religions, I highly doubt it.
If religions have a problem with the pentagram...that's the religion's problem, not the board's. This is not a religious board last time I checked, so why is the board's appearance being dictated by religious concerns?
Yes, the board owner has the right to do whatever he wants. But if he wants to be in the least bit successful he needs to give in to the whims of the people.
And according to the poll I created, 11 to 1 people don't have a problem with a pentagram. So why are we not implementing it? Because the board owner said so. How is this unclear?
Yes he has the right to change it to something that will piss a lot of people off, but doing so is quite possibly the most retarded thing to do and will soon lead to the death of the board he has set up.
Only if the change offends a majority of the board population. Again, I refer you to the poll on the symbol in question.
There is a dichotomy of power here Walper, the owner doesn't do anything to upset the people (Notice I said nothing about doing any favors to the people, so do not attempt bullshit analogies) and they stay where they can discuss issues. In return the owner gets hits on his domain and it flourishes.
And where does walking on egg shells around religious/ignorant perceptions factor in? It's one thing to not care about other's personal beliefs or religions. Quite another to have them dictating your own board's appearance when you don't subscribe to them.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Robert Walper wrote:If religions have a problem with the pentagram...that's the religion's problem, not the board's. This is not a religious board last time I checked, so why is the board's appearance being dictated by religious concerns?
And with that you shoot down your own arguement with what I started this with. This is not a religious board therefore it's appearance should not imply religiousness.
And according to the poll I created, 11 to 1 people don't have a problem with a pentagram. So why are we not implementing it? Because the board owner said so. How is this unclear?
Wow, I wonder how I knew where THAT thread was gonna go. For one, thank you thank you thank you for not being a retard and attempting to use that evidence on a general scale. For two, you're still stupid and know nothing of politics, congratulations they are not offended this does not mean that they want a pentagram. When declaring policy you want to go with what is not going to piss people off. The pentagram pisses people off therefore it is unusable
Only if the change offends a majority of the board population. Again, I refer you to the poll on the symbol in question.
However it offends enough people and could prehaps keep this board from expanding in a direction we would like.
And where does walking on egg shells around religious/ignorant perceptions factor in? It's one thing to not care about other's personal beliefs or religions. Quite another to have them dictating your own board's appearance when you don't subscribe to them.
I love how you so wonderfully tie in that you think religious perceptions are immediately ignorant. But anyway, they are not dictating the board's fucking appearance. Those that have gone on record as disliking having the pentagram said that they did not want to have it specifically put on THEM. Which we are bound to follow. They had no problem if others had the pentagram. My issues have been stated before as disliking the pentagram because of it's direct religious intent on a non-religion based board.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Thank you very much

Walper, if you are going to be a fucking moron, at least try to be an intellectually honest fucking moron.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

I find pentagram 'hatred' to be irrational and idiotic, true...

But there's always the fact that if I want to have a pentagram associated with me, I can use it as an Avatar.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Charon wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:If religions have a problem with the pentagram...that's the religion's problem, not the board's. This is not a religious board last time I checked, so why is the board's appearance being dictated by religious concerns?
And with that you shoot down your own arguement with what I started this with. This is not a religious board therefore it's appearance should not imply religiousness.
I guess there lies our disagreement. I do not see the pentagram as a religious symbol, and therefore cannot understand a person's objections to it on a religious basis.
Wow, I wonder how I knew where THAT thread was gonna go. For one, thank you thank you thank you for not being a retard and attempting to use that evidence on a general scale. For two, you're still stupid and know nothing of politics, congratulations they are not offended this does not mean that they want a pentagram.
Nobody requested stars either, they still got them. Nobody complained about them.
When declaring policy you want to go with what is not going to piss people off. The pentagram pisses people off therefore it is unusable
So the majority of people have no issue with the symbol, yet it pisses them off if used as just a standard decoration on the board. Am I the only one seeing a contradiction here?
However it offends enough people and could prehaps keep this board from expanding in a direction we would like.
You mean making people leave because they have no problem with the symbol itself, but they get pissed off if it's a standard symbol of user accounts?

To use an analogy, this is like saying: "I have no problem with green paint, but I do have a problem if you paint your house green."
I love how you so wonderfully tie in that you think religious perceptions are immediately ignorant.
I'm saying there's no problem with the pentagram. You're pointing out I have a problem with religion (I don't like or subscribe to it). You say the pentagram has religious tones to it and that's it's problem. Do you see the flaw in your reasoning?
But anyway, they are not dictating the board's fucking appearance. Those that have gone on record as disliking having the pentagram said that they did not want to have it specifically put on THEM. Which we are bound to follow. They had no problem if others had the pentagram. My issues have been stated before as disliking the pentagram because of it's direct religious intent on a non-religion based board.
Considering I submitted the pentagram, and you pointed out I'm non religious, clearly the symbol has no religious intent.

So, any other valid arguement against it then?
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Guys, guys, guys, this discussion is only going to get more fervered as time goes by. Let's suffice it to say that some people are OK with Pentagrams, some are not, and others don't like religious icons of any kind used for representing the Board. How about we drop this, accept that other people have differing opinions, and move on before we have another flamefest?
Last edited by Ra on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

How about we let this discussion continue as long as it stays moderately civilized since everybody seems to agree 'I refuse to put up with the trouble so no presumably religious icons' is a perfectly valid response from the administration?
Assuming it's going to stay moderately civilized for any length of time, of course. I have been away a while.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'