New User Introductions Mk II

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Well that counts me out (at least for the time being, I'm an only child, though Valen alone knows what those morons at DC will do next. Used to be I had no children, either).
Um-welcome to LA, Vidar. Beware the organ harvesters, don't feed anybody anything just to be on the safe side, and don't believe what anybody says about me (except when they say I'm awesome, this is correct).
A heartfelt welcome from the rest of us Cave Dwellers, Master Vidar, and...Um-a little help here, Master Bruce?
Beats me, I stopped keeping track once they started with this Batman Inc idiocy.
Alfred and whichever good guys hang around in Gotham these days say welcome to LA.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Welcome to LibArc!
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Welcome to the dungeon of delight
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Don't panic. In the famous words of Douglas Adams, the residents of LibArc are (mostly) harmless.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

B4UTRUST wrote:Don't panic. In the famous words of Douglas Adams, the residents of LibArc are (mostly) harmless.
General Havoc wrote:Welcome to the dungeon of delight
...Yeah. Something like that.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Sabre72
Apprentice

#231 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Sabre72 »

Hello am sabre72 am new here *yay me* :D am 21 atm and attempting to go to college :D

i join this forum from fanfic to do some mass effect roleplay :)

unno what else to put here atm hhaha

oh and i like WATER alot its yummy
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#232 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Why is we never get any ordinary people? I mean seriously, what's yummy about water? Yeah, it's great for quenching thirst, or cooling down, or washing, or any other number of things, but yummy? Oh well. Welcome to the board, Sabre72.
A heartfelt welcome from-Master Bruce?
Alfred and whoever else hangs around the Cave as of the New 52. I can't promise you stay will be long, or painless, or safe, but I very much doubt it will be boring.
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
rhoenix

#233 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:I can't promise you stay will be long, or painless, or safe, but I very much doubt it will be boring.
Truer words were never spoken. Welcome, Sabre, to our cult of insanity. Make sure to sign the organ donation forms before you go off exploring the place.

- William Gibson

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#234 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Dark Silver »

Sabre72 wrote: oh and i like WATER alot its yummy
I think someone's been drinking the wrong water.....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#235 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Or maybe we have?
JD196
Apprentice

#236 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JD196 »

Hello there I'm JD and I have an alcohol problem.
Wait this isn't AA.

Nah I was invited to the site for the Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG) thread.
rhoenix

#237 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

JD196 wrote:Hello there I'm JD and I have an alcohol problem.
Oh good, you'll fit in fine.
JD196 wrote:Wait this isn't AA.
...Sure it is. Don't you see the snack trays and giant vats of coffee around you?

- William Gibson

JD196
Apprentice

#238 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JD196 »

Vats of coffee, I think I'm in heaven. Or is this just the hook to bait me into slavery.
Who cares anyway, COFFEE.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#239 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by B4UTRUST »

JD196 wrote:Or is this just the hook to bait me into slavery.
Slavery is such an... unpleasant word. I prefer the term permanently employed unpaid labor. Sounds more civilized.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Batman
The Dark Knight

#240 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Slavery, however, has the advantage of being one word and thus allowed in Scrabble, whereas 'permanently employed unpaid labour' is not, in no small part because Scrabble doesn't have 'blank' tiles (or didn't last time I played it anyway) and I DO think I remember the game being abut words, not phrases.

And coffee's overrated. Yes, the stuff keeps you awake, but mostly via filling your bladder and giving you heartburn (and the jitters).
Or maybe it was simply an issue of two heaped spoonfuls per mug being too much of an otherwise good thing?
Shut up.
Oh, and welcome to LA, JD196. The guy talking in red is Alfred, by the way.
Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#241 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Soleimon Berserker »

Hey everyone, I'm Soleimon Berserker, I was actually referred here by a fellow when we got on the subject of good RP threads. Needless to say that i'm honored to be included in your little slice of the web.
rhoenix

#242 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

Soleimon Berserker wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Soleimon Berserker, I was actually referred here by a fellow when we got on the subject of good RP threads. Needless to say that i'm honored to be included in your little slice of the web.
Welcome, the organ donation cart will be along shortly.

- William Gibson

Batman
The Dark Knight

#243 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Soleimon Berserker wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Soleimon Berserker, I was actually referred here by a fellow when we got on the subject of good RP threads. Needless to say that i'm honored to be included in your little slice of the web.
As usernames go, this one is a bit on the long side but at least it's pronounceable. Welcome to LA, Soleimon. Incidentally, when rhoenix wrote 'cart', he meant it. Around here people don't particularly care whether or not you actually want to donate your organs nor worry about little details like you still being alive and using them. :wink:
A heartfelt welcome from the rest of us people hanging around the cave, (presumably) Master Soleimon.
Oh, and meet Alfred.
Last edited by Batman on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#244 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Dark Silver »

If they don't want to donate their bodies to the good of the Administrati...they shouldn't sign up. it's very clearly in the User Agreement and ToC.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#245 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Except LA has neither. All you have to accept to join is the registration form, which curiously enough fails to mention organ donation in any way shape or form. :razz:
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#246 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Dark Silver »

That you can see.

It's implied in the Commandmants (see Commandmant VII)

or do we have to go over this again Detective? -grabs the laser scapel-
Batman
The Dark Knight

#247 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Something tells me that details of a contract that you can't see period (as opposed to details you could see if you only increased the magnification by a couple orders of magnitude or changed the background colours or something) are going to be found not legally binding by anybody but you.
And scalpels have a blade length of about 4 inches when I have a plethora of ranged weapons. Do you really want to do that?
Incidentally, there's an E in commandments. :wink:
rhoenix

#248 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

Batman is still cranky since Darksilver took his good leg as his donation.

- William Gibson

Batman
The Dark Knight

#249 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Batman is cranky as the new 52 stinks to high heaven, the organ donation (which wasn't introduced until years after I joined) has nothong to do with it. And both of my legs are in perfect condition, thank you very much.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#250 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by frigidmagi »

See Silver, I told you the memory alteration tech would work just fine alongside the replacement leg. :mrgreen:
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken