Uninterested at all to get married; is it normal?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Are you interested to get married?

Yes
65%
No
18%
KAN needs to seek a psychiatrist
6%
KAN needs to be testically stomped, as usual.
12%

Total votes: 17

Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

When a girl punches you in the chest hard enough to break your sternum as an act of foreplay, yeah I'm fairly certan that I'm not the crazy one. Now I admit i'm not the immage of perfect mental health but still. Frankly I really just want some measure of safety and stability in a relationship i find the idea of commitment like that fairly attractive
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

I would like to get married someday. Of course, I am almost 20, have never so much as dated, and my government conspires against my being able to tie the knot... but I sure as hell would like to one day.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:I would like to get married someday. Of course, I am almost 20, have never so much as dated, and my government conspires against my being able to tie the knot... but I sure as hell would like to one day.
Hey, marriage is as much cultural as legal. If you love 'em that much, that's what really matters.

Plus, I hear Massachusetts is doing biotech work. ;)
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

I would agree, but at the same time, there is something lacking without... you know... being treated as a spouse in the meaningful legal way. You know... like being able to visit in the hospital...

Also, you should know by now that I prefer zoology over biotech... :grin:

God... the horrible part is that to do what I want to do with my life, I have to live in the south. But there is no way in hell I will ever be truley accepted there (well, save for florida, there, only to a lesser extent) I dont like having to make those sorts of choices... fucking people
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:I would agree, but at the same time, there is something lacking without... you know... being treated as a spouse in the meaningful legal way. You know... like being able to visit in the hospital...

Also, you should know by now that I prefer zoology over biotech... :grin:

God... the horrible part is that to do what I want to do with my life, I have to live in the south. But there is no way in hell I will ever be truley accepted there (well, save for florida, there, only to a lesser extent) I dont like having to make those sorts of choices... fucking people
Cheer up sparky tampa has lots of gay bars, and if i have a girlfriend here i can gaurantee you that she will find every single one of them...
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Lord Pounder
Acolyte

Post by Lord Pounder »

Fuck yeah I'd love to be married. Just the knowing that some day i'll never be alone again because no matter where I am another human being is thinking of me with as much love and affection as i think of them. Someone to share everything I am with, my hope my fears and my dreams. Someone to look me straight in the eyes and says "I love you" and mean it and never leave. Friends are your present but a spouse if your future.

My longing for this however causes me to move to quickly in relationships and drive away the person I'm currently with, so i currently sleep alone. A friend of mine once told me "Stevie mate, before you can live with anyone else in you life you gotta learn to live with yourself" I've still to learn that and it's s damn hard lesson to learn.
She Broke My Heart I Wanna Be Sedated

All I Wanted Was To See Her Naked
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Shark Bait wrote:When a girl punches you in the chest hard enough to break your sternum as an act of foreplay, yeah I'm fairly certan that I'm not the crazy one.
I guess it was just that she's into BDSM while you ain't. :wink:

Seriously, myself is a psychrocist; which means that I love to have my partner (and myself) shivering in cold during sex. Of course, not all my dates would accept things like doing foreplay in icy cold water (bath tub) and maxing out the air conditioner and such.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

At this moment in my life I'm not interested in seeing anyone let alone getting married. I doubt that will change for awhile yet.