New User Introductions Mk II

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#276 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:Just for the record-I have to worry about STDs if I play but people wonder why I don't participate in the games.
No risk, no reward, especially for clan princesses!

In fact, that's how a character of mine managed to start a war between clans in that game. Oh, that was epic. And really funny, because putting in the time, planning, and effort to troll the leader of a clan is so worth it if you do it right.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#277 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

Totally missed this. Thanks for not deleting my account!

So, hi, I'm AJ. I've been playing various RPGs for the past 15 years or so, since I was 12. I'm a gamer and computer geek, heavily into Star Wars (playing TOR these days), and more or less obsessed with dragons. I knew Nit and Tev back when they played an AOL chat RPG, and Tev's the one who introduced me to the Temeraire series and the RPG.

Oh, and I'm going to Wrestlemania tomorrow. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :-)
LadyTevar: Remember the Animaniacs? Good Idea/Bad Idea? Guess which one you have
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#278 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by LadyTevar »

AJ's being modest. He's a damn good RPer, and Nitram and I loved every chance we got to play off him. His only flaw is he's stuck in Florida. Pity him, folks.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#279 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

Yes... it was bright and sunny when I went to the gym and pouring rain when I got out just now. Thank you, Florida, I hate you.
LadyTevar: Remember the Animaniacs? Good Idea/Bad Idea? Guess which one you have
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#280 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Beats it being pouring both ways :smile: You wanna swap weather, I'm game.
And why in Valen's name would anybody delete your account? It's what, 6 weeks old? 20 posts in that time is more than I manage a lot of the time and I'm reasonably certain posting in this thread is not mandatory.
Welcome to Librium Arcana, JimmyTheCannon. Your stay may be short and painful but it will be definitely interesting.
*checks age, gives booze, stripper, and birthday cake*
The only involvement Master Bruce had with the cake was paying for the ingredients so I assure you it is safe for consumption, Master JimmyTheCannon. A heartfelt welcome from the Rest of us Cave Dwellers, and Mistress Barbara and Master Richard too.
Last edited by Batman on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#281 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

::laughs:: Well, according to the rules we're supposed to post in here within 5 days of creating the account. I didn't. Hence that comment.

And what happened to Igor's lisp? I was reading the first few posts in this thread, and it mysteriously disappeared.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#282 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

It most certainly did not, that was merely Alfred taking back over. Igor only fills in when Alfred is unavailable.
And the 5 days rule is news to me, though I admittedly haven't checked the board commandments for some time.
EDIT:Yes, there is such a rule, so my bad.
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Salieri
Acolyte

#283 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Salieri »

Hi, I'm Salieri. I go by the same username on SDN, but my activity there is nothing to talk about. I saw a link to this place in a signature while surfing SDN and thought "This place looks fun".

So, I'm here. I've done a little bit of RPing from time to time and have had an interest in fantasy since I read The Hobbit when I was eight. Given those things and others, I hope that I will be able to get involved in this community in a meaningful way.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#284 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Well they put up with Master Bruce so it's not like this community's standards are all that high to begin with.
Careful, Alfred. New 52-Babs is back to Batgirling so no more her running interference for you when I fire you.
Oh please. All that means is double the paperwork as you're going to rehire me 72 hours later because you seriously stink at housekeeping.
...I hate you.
Err welcome to LA, Salieri. I can't promise your stay here is going to be fun, or painless, or even that you'll survive it, but I seriously doubt it's going to be boring.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#285 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by LadyTevar »

Heya Salieri!

So Cynical Cat or I got you over here with our Sig Links? Cool! Most of LibArc happens to be either current or former SDNet-izens, so you're very welcome here. :biggrin:

Just Follow the Rules, Obey the Triumvirate, and most of all HAVE FUN.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#286 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Cynical Cat »

Welcome aboard you dirty avatar thief. :wink:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
dragnl0rd
Acolyte

#287 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by dragnl0rd »

Hello all, my name is Daniel. I'm a programmer by trade, and nerd by definition (but then again, aren't we all nerds here?). I've played a good number of RPGs in a good number of arenas, and I was directed to this cool looking place by a good friend. (I'll let him take credit if he likes). I'm glad to meet you all!
Comrade Tortoise: Shit is Becoming Properly Real.
JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#288 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

That'd be me. Glad you decided to join, Daniel!
rhoenix

#289 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

Welcome to you both.

Beware of Wednesdays; that's Batman's feeding day, and he'll try to eat someone's face.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#290 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Really. That's news to me.
Welcome to LA, Daniel. I can't promise you oh to Valen with it. You came here of your own free will, on your own head be it.
And seriously, what's wrong with Daniel as a username? I'm reasonably certain it isn't taken so far and it beats the unpronounceable mess you have currently.
dragnl0rd
Acolyte

#291 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by dragnl0rd »

Dragnl0rd (which I pronounce 'dragonlord') has been my gamer handle for almost 12 years. It's got some sentimental value to me. Nothing is wrong per se with using Daniel, it's just not my default choice. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Comrade Tortoise: Shit is Becoming Properly Real.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#292 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

Trust me, if I weren't actually Batman I'd have to do a lot of explaining about that username too :smile:
You want it spelled that way-it's your username. Sorry I complained.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#293 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by General Havoc »

It's not like I go about in public referring to myself as General Havoc, Batman.

Though it is a thought...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix

#294 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:It's not like I go about in public referring to myself as General Havoc, Batman.

Then, clearly it's time to start.

- William Gibson

JimmyTheCannon
Initiate

#295 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by JimmyTheCannon »

rhoenix wrote:
General Havoc wrote:It's not like I go about in public referring to myself as General Havoc, Batman.

Then, clearly it's time to start.
Sounds good to me. Make people salute you, too.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#296 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Dark Silver »

Speak for yourself you dirty pinko-commie bastage.

I'm a geek, not a nerd. Remind me to swirlie you next time I see you.

Welcome to Hell. The Probulator is right this way....we'll have the procedure finished shortly.....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#297 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

I wasn't aware a few fora on the internet count as 'in public'.
And I've been to hell. This place isn't it. For starters, hell has room service.
Salieri
Acolyte

#298 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Salieri »

A belated thanks for the welcome.

As for the warning that my stay might be painful, that's not a problem. As long as I remain (relatively) sane, I'll be happy. :wink:
Batman
The Dark Knight

#299 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Batman »

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm generally a lot happier if I'm not in pain. Granted, a very good case could be made I'm stark raving mad, but there's a goodly amount of evidence the just as mad people in the universe I live in don't like being in pain either.
Salieri
Acolyte

#300 Re: New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Salieri »

True. But I'm sure you've heard of the expression that states that, without pain, there can be no gains. I'm sure that's applicable. So, as long as I get good things in the end, as opposed to becoming a cliché prone villain and dying at your hands, I'll be happy with my time here. :wink: