If you had a divorce, will you marry again?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Would you marry again?

Yes.
64%
No.
36%

Total votes: 14

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

#1 If you had a divorce, will you marry again?

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Well I don't think there's a lot of LA members who ever had a divorce, so I guess this is a hypothetical question for most of us. Suppose you had a divorce before, would you take a second chance and get married again? I know it should be judged on case-by-case basis, but in general, are you interested to get married again or not?
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

Yeah. Learn from the mistakes and move on. I sure as hell wouldn't give up a golden chance, even if I got burned in the past. That would just be silly.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Ask me again if I ever get a divorce.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Ask me again if I ever get married.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Sick, Twisted Fuck

frigidmagi wrote:Ask me again if I ever get a divorce.
Batman wrote:Ask me again if I ever get married.
Well, that's why this is a hypothetical question.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Impossible to realistically answer until you go through it.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Speaking in the hypothetical, if given the opportunity to marry in the first place... and if I ended up divorcing... ideally I would like to say yes, but realistically I have to say no.

There are several reasons for this. The first is that it is very difficult for me to actually get attached enough to a person to want to marry them. And considering past experiences I dont foresee it getting any easier, in fact it will probably get harder in order that I do not get emotionally damaged. So if that does happen, the likelihood that someone will once again wish to marry me and I am comfortable trusting someone after being hurt that badly the first time around, is low.

The second reason is that once I get attached to someone, it sticks. And it sticks hard. The same thing that makes me one of the best and most loyal friends anyone can ever have, kills me when I get hurt. And if something doesnt work, the amount of time it takes me to get over it and move on is proportional to the time the relationship lasted. So if I was married for ten years... dear god... I cant even ponder how nasty the 'healing' process would be. Especially because I refuse to use uglification techniques to convince myself to hate the person...

and my rant is done
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
vampykat
Apprentice

Post by vampykat »

been divorced, remarried, having issues now..if divorce happens..will NEVER marry again..boy toys all the way baby!
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Been there, done that.

Nitram's my second hubbie, and is FAR BETTER.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
ImpishAngel
Initiate

Post by ImpishAngel »

No.
He is my soldier, the love of my life and one day I will be a proud army wife
If he should be called to duty I will wait for him standing tall, for he is my soldier, my hero, after all.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Frankly, I've never been married, and the closest thing to marriage I've ever experienced is the domestic partnership with the woman I really fell in love with. The relationship ended around mid-2004. It's a damn long story, but suffice to say that it has totally killed my interest in any committed relationship whatsoever. No. Non. Nein. Nada. Fuck no.

So if I've ever been married and got divorced, then my interest of getting married again is equal to zero. There's an old saying, 'never fall into the same hole twice'.
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Discombobulated
Acolyte

Post by Discombobulated »

I'd sort of like to think I would, but if I got involved enough with someone to actually marry them, and we broke up, I think I would be bitter and uninterested in relationships for a very, very long time. I suppose a few years might be enough time to get over it if I got therapy for a while afterward. But by the time I moved on, I'd probably be pretty used to being single again, to the point where I might not feel the loneliness so much and therefore I wouldn't need another relationship.

In other words, I don't know.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

As I partly owe my existance to a divorce and later a remarriage (that convoluted story of how my parents met and ended up with me is even more convoluted than I've said before - on a side note, I don't expect there to be many other versions of me in parallel universes) I'd be a hypocrite to go against it.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Well, I became somewhat bitter after two relationships going more or less the the same way, so I became celibate for a few years until I figured some things out.

Now I'm about ready to start dating again, but I'm likely one of the world's least talented mack-daddies.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

rhoenix wrote:Well, I became somewhat bitter after two relationships going more or less the the same way, so I became celibate for a few years until I figured some things out.

Now I'm about ready to start dating again, but I'm likely one of the world's least talented mack-daddies.
I say the same thing about myself. But you never know who will change their minds about you...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

B4UTRUST wrote:I say the same thing about myself. But you never know who will change their minds about you...
*shrug*

There is that, but whatever will happen, will happen. Until then, I'm going to chase my own happiness - call it making up for lost time.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Bratty
Disciple

Post by Bratty »

Not this time.
"She believed in nothing; only her skepticism kept her from being an atheist."

~Jean Paul Sartre, philosopher