Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#1 Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by Cynical Cat »

So there's a 40K fan film being made and they've got their prologue up in the glorious world of Youtube.

It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#2 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by B4UTRUST »

If this is anything like Damnatus it'll never see the light of day since GW will file enough legal paperwork to kill a hundred films to keep their intellectual property intact.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#3 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by frigidmagi »

Interesting the CGI work isn't bad, the Inquisitor is leaving me a bit cold. I like the guardsman though.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Lys
Master

#4 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by Lys »

B4UTRUST wrote:If this is anything like Damnatus it'll never see the light of day since GW will file enough legal paperwork to kill a hundred films to keep their intellectual property intact.
Unlike Damnatus the team behind Lord Inquisitor actually got GW's go-ahead before the project even started. The main writer behind it works from Black Library, so i'm guessing he knew who to sweet talk to get permission. Also Damnatus did see the light of day, the film was finished, and despite GW's injunction against its release, it was nonetheless 'leaked'. You can find it if you know where to look. Honestly i didn't like it all that much, but the ending sequence where they Exterminatus a planet is gorgeous and very well done.
frigidmagi wrote:Interesting the CGI work isn't bad, the Inquisitor is leaving me a bit cold. I like the guardsman though.
The Inquisitor is the silent man atop the battleship float in badass crimson powered armour, the asshole with the smart mouth is his Interrogator/Acolyte.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#5 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by Batman »

Could've fooled me what with the guy repeatedly being called 'Inquisitor'. Nice visuals though.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#6 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by Cynical Cat »

Batman wrote:Could've fooled me what with the guy repeatedly being called 'Inquisitor'. Nice visuals though.
He is a Inquisitor. Lys is almost right. The guy in the red armor is the Lord Inquisitor, which means he's an actual boss of Inquisitors.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#7 Re: Lord Inquisitor Fan Film

Post by Batman »

I'll take your word for it. I know essentially beans about 40K.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'