To which extent does space AWACS make sense?

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#26 Re: To which extent does space AWACS make sense?

Post by rhoenix »

Batman wrote:I don't want to set up a universe, I just want to design ships. I know this may be an abberation but I have absolutely no interest in storytelling. My one and only contribution to the User Fiction part of this board is the result of a lost bet.
Well, ships are derivative from the universe they come from. So, you have to have at least a basic idea of what kind of universe these ships would be found in, even if you never write stories about any of it.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#27 Re: To which extent does space AWACS make sense?

Post by Batman »

Not unless you consider 'BattleTech meets Wing Commander' and,-um-that's it a universe.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'