Tim Burton's: Alice in Wonderland

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Tim Burton's: Alice in Wonderland

Post by Dark Silver »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_W ... 2010_film)

If the link is broken, C/P it.

No, this isn't a "what if" thread, this is a thread about the upcoming film.

From Wiki:
About wrote: Alice in Wonderland is a 2010 fantasy film directed by Tim Burton and based on the Lewis Carroll novels Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. The film will utilize a technique combining live action, motion capture technology and stop motion. Mia Wasikowska will portray Alice and the film is due for release on March 19, 2010.
Plot wrote: As reported in the March 2009 edition of D23 magazine, the movie will incorporate many characters and narrative elements from Carroll's books but is essentially a new story, Alice's return to Wonderland. Tim Burton states that "given what this story is, if Alice had this adventure as a little girl and now she’s going back all these years later, it’s a bit overgrown...[and there’s] a slightly haunted quality to Wonderland, even though it’s got strong elements of color." She is now 17 years old and someone "who doesn't quite fit into Victorian society and structure." This journey "becomes a rite of passage as she discovers her voice and herself."
So, basically, this will be a cross between American McGee's Alice, and the original novels. It's Tim Burton directing......so I have full faith in him ability to produce fucked up, awesome stuff on screen

But whose playing who?
Cast List wrote: * Mia Wasikowska as Alice.[3] Tim Burton states: "We met a lot of people, but she just had that certain kind of emotional toughness, standing her ground in a way that makes her kind of an older person but with a younger person's mentality."[2]
* Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter[4]
* Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen.[3] Carter's head will be increased in size by three times on screen.[5]
* Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Her character does not require digital manipulation.[6] Hathaway summed up her character with a caption on a magnet of Happy Bunny holding a knife she was given; "Cute but psycho. Things even out."[7]
* Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit[8]
* Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar. Rickman was filmed while recording his voice in a studio, and his face will be composited onto a computer-generated character.[5]
* Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat.[9]
* Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedledee[10]
* Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts[3]
* Eleanor Tomlinson as Fiona Chataway, an unfriendly girl Alice knows before she falls down the rabbit hole.[11]
* Jemma Powell as Alice's sister[12]
* Lindsay Duncan as Alice's mother[13]
* Leo Bill as Hamish [14]

Christopher Lee,[15] Noah Taylor,[16] Tim Pigott-Smith, Geraldine James and Frances de la Tour have unnamed roles.[17]
ALOT of British Actors, which I approve of, and of course, Depp as the Mad Hatter.

Discuss, contemplate, make predictions....but one thing is for certain, keep March 19 open.......we're all meeting up to go see this flick.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

I do hope that they use some of the music from the video game... I LOVE the soundtrack... i haven't managed to get my mits on the game but i LOVE the music...

do you think that they willl?
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

More info on characters
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Nightswift
Acolyte

Post by Nightswift »

I really hope this turns out to be as epic as it is sounding so far. :eek:

If it ends up being something like this, I might run far far away though.

http://hwhills.com/johnny-depp-as-mad-h ... bably-not/
What would life be like with no hypothetical situations?
The Minx
Pleasure Kitten

Post by The Minx »

Nightswift wrote:I really hope this turns out to be as epic as it is sounding so far. :eek:

If it ends up being something like this, I might run far far away though.

http://hwhills.com/johnny-depp-as-mad-h ... bably-not/
That looks awesome. :grin:

Johnny Depp would make a great Hatter.
Nightswift
Acolyte

Post by Nightswift »

I admit it does fit the character, but at the same time it's quite creepy. :shock:
What would life be like with no hypothetical situations?
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

I'm more excited about Alan Rickman. He's one of my favorite actors.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

That looks more like production art, than a actual cast photo of Depp......

Looks interesting though.

Oh, Lindar, American McGee's Alice was frigging awesome game....do find it somehow and play it.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

We have a copy OF that game. Hard as hell.

That pic is creepy. But That's kind of the point. When Alice goes back she has been in an Asylum because her house burned down with all her family in it. So wonderland has changed from the first time.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Official teaser trailer for the movie.
This looks awesome.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar. I could not think of a man more perfectly suited for that role.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

The Cleric wrote:I'm more excited about Alan Rickman. He's one of my favorite actors.
Agreed. having Alan Rickman as a creepy dragon-chaser speaking in cryptic rhyme and meter will be awesome!
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

SyFy just started advertising it's own "Alice" remake, in the theme of their "TinMan" Oz.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers