Dresden Files "Skin Game" - THERE BE SPOILERS HERE

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Steve
Master

#1 Dresden Files "Skin Game" - THERE BE SPOILERS HERE

Post by Steve »

So.....

*smooths back hair from wild ride*

Before I say anything else....

HARRY WAS PREGNANT MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murphy's reaction to that was classic hilarity too!

Okay, I got that out of the way.

The book was full of what makes Dresden Files work. A host of "OH SHIT" moments combined with "HOLY SHIT" and various other things. The completely disjointed status quo following the earthquake that was "Changes" is just becoming settled down now.

Nicodemus getting played like a sucker by Mab, Marcone, and Hades was an excellent twist.

Michael getting back in the game, and the way he did it, was awesome in several ways, including how it shows Uriel's character in the method that it was done in. Michael Carpenter remains one of my favorite characters in this entire saga.

Waldo, while clumsy at points, became utterly badass at the end, and appropriately so. "Mister, where I come from, there is no try" indeed.

And on a final note for the moment: Maggie is adorable, and having Harry finally get to talk to her was... heart-warming to the max.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Steve
Master

#2 Re: Dresden Files "Skin Game" - THERE BE SPOILERS HERE

Post by Steve »

Another thing from a re-read of the ending.

"Dinosaur Cowgirl" Maggie was not only adorable as hell, but it was enormously fitting given one of Harry's most iconic moments. :cool: :mrgreen:
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina