Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by Dark Silver »

On Tuesday October 28, Marvel held a presser, and revealed their plans for Phase 3 of the MCU

And oh what a Phase 3 it will be.....

They are expanding on the "lesser known" characters, and tying it all up at the end with a big..BIG event...

So what's coming in Phase 3?

Captain America: Civil War - May 6 2016:
Doctor Strange - November 4 2016:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5 2017:
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28 2017:
Black Panther - Nov 3 2017:
Avengers: Infinity War Part I - May 4 2018:
Captain Marvel - July 6 2018:
Inhumans - Nov 2 2018:
Avengers: Infinity War Part II - May 3 2019:

The biggest news is that Doctor Strange gets his movie in 2016 - and he's being played by Benedict Cumberpatch. followed up by a Black Panther movie in 2017! Expect to see Black Panther in Captain America 3, also, which will deal with the Steve vs Tony angle of the Civil War storyline.

Ragnorok will mean bad ju-ju for Thor, I'm certain. It saw the end of Asgard in the comics for a time...so this can be bad for him.

For me, the single biggest (well two biggest) things is the Avengers tie up for Phase 3.....and this...
thanos.jpg
thanos.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 8492 times
Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet...and all five Gems.
End Game, Set, Match.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#2 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by LadyTevar »

Civil War will be where Capt gets his shield fixed.
Dr. Strange, possibly another Gem
Guardians of the Galaxy will be Thanos retrieving all the stones The Collector has in storage, and the one Nova Corp has.
Thor Ragnorak will be getting the Infinity Gauntlet.
Black Panther -- unknown. Another gem? or have we seen them all?
Avengers Infinity pt 1 will end with Thanos and the Gauntlet and everyone regrouping
Capt Marvel will be the first shot at stopping Thanos
Inhumans will tie Agents of SHIELD in with the movies, since Skye and her father have been hinted at being Inhumans, and Coulson is currently drawing galatic maps. Perhaps the way to stop Thanos will be found here
Avengers Infinity Pt 2 will bring all the threads together and it will be all out "Get Thanos Before Universe Ends". And, if we're lucky, someone will drop in a cute little in-joke on Gaimon's Death.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#3 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by General Havoc »

I'm not wild about them dragging the damned Civil War storyline out for this, but the problem with that was always execution more than concept. Marvel has earned some faith at this point, so we'll see.

Cumberbatch as Strange however is an awesome goddamned idea. I am excited for this.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
White Haven
Disciple

#4 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by White Haven »

I'm excited for Strange, because I've always had a bit of a liking for the good Doctor, and he often ends up being made out to be a bitch-hero by people who don't really want to be writing him. Strange is not a bitch. I wish to see this demonstrated.

I'm also quite interested to see how they square Strange with the more grounded nature of a lot of the Cinematic Universe.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#5 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by Cynical Cat »

White Haven wrote: I'm also quite interested to see how they square Strange with the more grounded nature of a lot of the Cinematic Universe.
Well Thor has done a lot of that legwork with "there's some funky shit out there and some it is stuff you call magic and you can bet your monkey ass that it works."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
White Haven
Disciple

#6 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by White Haven »

That's true, I'll grant. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just curious how they'll work him into this version of Marvel.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#7 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by Cynical Cat »

White Haven wrote:That's true, I'll grant. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just curious how they'll work him into this version of Marvel.
Asgard is a big chunk of land floating in space. We'll be fine.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#8 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by General Havoc »

Cynical Cat wrote:Asgard is a big chunk of land full of crazy magical Viking semi-Gods floating in space. We'll be fine.
Fixed that for you.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#9 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:Asgard is a big chunk of land full of crazy magical Viking semi-Gods floating in space. We'll be fine.
Fixed that for you.
Thanks Havoc. It's good to know that you have my back.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#10 Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3 Announced

Post by Dark Silver »

Rest assured, it's only so he can stick the dagger into it later.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.