Spiderman Recent Events.

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#1 Spiderman Recent Events.

Post by frigidmagi »

I just caught the plot (yes I am behind, accept it). To save his 80 something year old aunt, Peter makes a deal with the devil and has his marriage to Mary Jane wiped from the memory of humanity. All records, photos, memories, etc gone. Also Harry Osborn is back from the dead has a bonus. (He was in the Europe Lands! Where apprantely all those stories about the Olde Countries having phones and internet were just dirty dirty LIES! Where are you really posting from Batman? HUH! HUH! Come clean damn you!)

*ahem* Sorry, the pain got to me for a minute.

Let me being with saying if I was 80 some years old and dying and my grandson/nephew/whateverthefuck gave up his hot ex-supermodel wife who was also his one true love to save me... I would beat him with the biggest stick I could find.

Not to be cold here but yeah it sucks that Aunt May was dying but... People die! Especially old people, part of growing up is coming to terms with that and the pain and loss of it all. Not selling out your life to keep them toddering around for another few years.

This was the dumbest Marvel story ever, it made the death of Cap look like... Well the death of Cap still looked bad but this was worse!

I refuse to buy or read another Spiderman comic until this is removed and Mary Jane and Peter Parker are brought back together. I ask all of you to join me and to pass it on to others within the comic community.

Frigid.

Also... JOE YOU FUCKING SUCK!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Aunt May didn't want to come back under those circumstances either.

Behold the power of the railroad.

And have you seen some of the previews for Brand New Day? It's god awful. It's amazingly embarrassing.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

I didn't follow Spidey lately; have they resurrected Auntie May? (yup, no death is permanent in comics)
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It's a stupid idea, and brought about by Joe Q.'s desire to remove sweet sweet Mary Jane from the picture so he can tell "Peter Parker Super Bachelor" stories.

The fallout from the "One More Day" storyline is stupid....it literally, though magic changes 20 years or more of Spidey History, and not even the Sorcerer Supreme can detect it.

And then, it doesn't even fix it correctly! Spidey Unmasked during Civil War, but no one remembers who the face was! He suddenly has mechanical web shooters again. He's macking on hot girls gone wild, Not a single fucking person in the world somehow knows Spidey's identity.

Oh, and he's living with his Aunt May, and is a poor broke freelance journalist for the Bugle again.

fucking Marvel...Ultimate Spiderman for me, thanks.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Dark Silver wrote:It's a stupid idea, and brought about by Joe Q.'s desire to remove sweet sweet Mary Jane from the picture so he can tell "Peter Parker Super Bachelor" stories.
Agree. What makes Spidey different from (most) other heroes is that he is married --a concept copied by DC Comics by marrying Superman with Lois Lane. Why the hell Marvel had to make him bachelor again?

Dark Silver wrote:And then, it doesn't even fix it correctly! Spidey Unmasked during Civil War, but no one remembers who the face was!
Agree, and, aside the "bachelor Spidey" above, the unmasking is also the biggest fuck-up Marvel has ever done to Spidey.

First, Spidey cares about the safety of the people he loves, and keeps his identity secret for that purpose. He's been keeping his identity secret even from other heroes that he considers 'friend' (like Human Torch); he even managed to keep his identity secret during the entire Secret Wars (not Secret War) when the heroes were stranded on some remote planet. Okay, Tony Stark is persuasive, but is he really THAT persuasive?

Second, Marvel should realize that Spidey unmasking on FUCKING NATIONAL BROADCAST is not something that they can retcon easily later.

Dark Silver wrote:Not a single fucking person in the world somehow knows Spidey's identity.
I didn't quite follow Marvel after Civil War --how did they retcon it? Worldwide memory erase?
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Part of the spell Mephesto casted which made Aunt May all better for a few extra years of life, made it that "Spiderman unmasked during Civil War....but now no one knows who was behidn the face. Not only that, but anyone who knew his identity before Civil War......doesn't remember that he told them who he was."

This of course, also retcons Dare Devil knowing who Spidey was, which was done WAY before Spidey married MJ.

Basically, Joe Q did his best to put Spidey back to 1970's level while setting it in modern day. His entire explination "Bleh! It's Magic! you don't need to explain that!"

Oddly enough...yeah..you do fuckwad, because you just retconned over 20 years of Spidey without even thinking, all because it's your vision of how it is.

What's even worse..Peter made a deal with the fucking devil, in order to give Aunt May a few more years of life. A few more years she didn't even fucking want! All because he wanted to be a whiney emo douche.

Fucking Quesada
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Hence the Spiderman Boycott.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Are DC and Marvel in a contest to outsuck each other? DC undoes Crisis of Infinite Earths via Infinite Crisis, Marvel does Civil War and World War Hulk, DC resurrects Hal and retcons it so it wasn't ACTUALLY him who did all the stuff that made the alleged death of Hal Jordan interesting to begin with (oh, and resurrects Jason), Marvel throws out 20 years of history to make PP a single again, DC reintroduces Kara only to shove her off into the 31st century again...
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Batman wrote:Are DC and Marvel in a contest to outsuck each other?
In all fairness, Bruce, DC still has Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come, Identity Crisis....