Review: X-men Origins: Wolverine

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#1 Review: X-men Origins: Wolverine

Post by B4UTRUST »

yes, I realize this movie isn't officiall out yet, however, having seen it a few weeks ago I figured I might as well post up a short review.

Spoilers of course...
[spoilers]
First off, I felt the paceing of the movie wasn't right. Granted the version I saw wasn't technically complete, however the opening bits going through his childhood felt very rushed to me and didn't explain very much or give any sort of real feeling towards the characters or the events that lead up to the father's death or the events immediately following.

The movie also completely seems to ignore any history he had in Japan during his life and doesn't mention it at all...

It also rewrites bits of the Weapon program, Weapon X, Weapon XI, etc...

That being said, I loved Deadpool, though I loathed Weapon XI Deadpool, who now apparenatly had Cyclops' eye beams, Wraith's teleportation, etc. Don't remember Cyclops, Quick Silver or some of the others getting kidnapped by Stryker & Sabertooth and their genes used for XI. But then again I openly admit I didn't intensely read all of Marvel Comics so I could have missed this plotline somewhere...

But Deadpool I liked. Agent Zero/Maverick I could take or leave, his powers seemed to have been rewritten for the movie a bit. Which leads us to Gambit.

Gambit, in this movie, I liked. He was a badass and was played how Gambit should be played. I enjoyed his preformance.

The relationship with Wolverine and Sabertooth I think wasn't done right, but that may just be me. The ending, likewise, I felt was lacking. But oh well...
[/spoilers]
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

[spoilers]
That being said, I loved Deadpool, though I loathed Weapon XI Deadpool, who now apparenatly had Cyclops' eye beams, Wraith's teleportation, etc. Don't remember Cyclops, Quick Silver or some of the others getting kidnapped by Stryker & Sabertooth and their genes used for XI. But then again I openly admit I didn't intensely read all of Marvel Comics so I could have missed this plotline somewhere... [/spoilers]

It didn't happen in the comics. They just added them in to pander.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

That's what I thought, but I've been wrong before when it comes to remembering every detail of the nigh on infinite twists of Marvel and DC comics.
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

*giggle* they twisted together for a bit once(that i know of for sure) and it was very interesting..
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

B4 is clearly the guy from FOX News who DL'd the movie, wrote the review, and got fired!

wait, no, even Air Forcers have standards above working at Fox News...
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Hey, I admit I DL'd the movie, but I will NEVER admit, nor sink as low as working for FAUX news
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

adding in my two cents....since I have the same Working Copy B4 has.

Interesting movie. Considering this is a origins story for the movie X-men, and not the comic one.....I could deal with some of the liberties taken in it.

I wish we would have seen more of Renolds as Wade Wilson and him utilizing the Deadpool persona, instead of Weapon XI (who was played by a different actor).

Trying not to let it to many spoilers leak...but it is a nice action flick in the same vein as the rest of the X-men movies.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

as I stated before. Deadpool = great. Gambit = Great. The rest? Meh...

And I'll retract some of my statements concerning plot lines and all in light that yes, it is a wholely seperate 'verse, earth, or whatever the hell they're calling it
The Minx
Pleasure Kitten

Post by The Minx »

Hugh Jackman is hot.

What were the other good things in this movie?

:/
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I didn't enjoy this movie. The best thing about this movie was eyeing the hot brunette with the miniskirt and the long legs... who wasn't in the film, she was sitting one row down from me. Too bad she was with someone.