All Saints Day

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Hotfoot

#1 All Saints Day

Post by Hotfoot »

Boondock Saints 2

Rejoice, fans of the original. It took ten years, but it's finally coming.

I, for one, am eagerly counting down the days to November, holy shit.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I am amazed. And gladden that they got the orginial actors. Was that fucking Rocco at 1:38? He's fucking dead!

Who played that version of the Saints are Coming?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

That sir, was one of the finest examples of spiritual guidance I have ever had the good fortune to witness. I thank you for this oppurtunity, and may all mighty

God have mercy upon your Eternal Soul.

-tosses you two pennies-

Keep the change...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

And shepherds we shall be,
For thee, my lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand,
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee,
And teeming with soul shall it ever be.

In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.

Amen.
Last edited by General Havoc on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

frigidmagi wrote:I am amazed. And gladden that they got the orginial actors. Was that fucking Rocco at 1:38? He's fucking dead!

Who played that version of the Saints are Coming?
I think its an amped version of the original Skidz version. The U2 one is much too slow.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

And with this...we know that all is right in the universe. The Saints have a sequel.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Post by The Village Idiot »

I find myself at a point where I cannot properly articulate my thoughts and feeling. But I will give it a go....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Frigid,

According to the GF sitting beside me who is currently needing a change of panties after watching the trailer, Rocco is seen in flashbacks so he can be in the movie.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I've still not seen the first one.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
The Village Idiot
Initiate

LadyTevar wrote:..............

Blaspheme! Go now while you still can!
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Heresy.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

According to the GF sitting beside me who is currently needing a change of panties after watching the trailer, Rocco is seen in flashbacks so he can be in the movie.
Ah, yeah that works for me.

VI, Rhoneix one cannot commit Heresy or Blasphemy in ignorence, only in knowledge. Tevlar is therefore not guilty of either charge.

That said, Tev get thyself to a video rental and correct this!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

The Saints Are Coming by The Skids

How long now?

Just under two months.

Hell yes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's an overrated movie, by which I mean it is not awesome.

It is, however, really fucking entertaining.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

frigidmagi wrote:VI, Rhoneix one cannot commit Heresy or Blasphemy in ignorence, only in knowledge. Tevlar is therefore not guilty of either charge.
Heresy and blasphemy are committed by choices of actions, and making the choice not to do something is also making a choice. Ergo, she chose to be a heretic.

(You like that one? :wink: )
Last edited by rhoenix on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

rhoenix wrote:
frigidmagi wrote:VI, Rhoneix one cannot commit Heresy or Blasphemy in ignorance, only in knowledge. Tevar is therefore not guilty of either charge.
Heresy and blasphemy are committed by choices of actions, and making the choice not to do something is also making a choice. Ergo, she chose to be a heretic.

(You like that one? :wink: )
Indeed... I did not see it in the theaters because at the time I had to be very picky with my spending money, and it did not cause a "Ooo! MUST SEE" response.

Even now, I have no clue what the movie was even about, other than a group of assassins/killers/brothers.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Indeed... I did not see it in the theaters because at the time I had to be very picky with my spending money, and it did not cause a "Ooo! MUST SEE" response.

Even now, I have no clue what the movie was even about, other than a group of assassins/killers/brothers.
Ok, rampant facetiousness aside - it's about two Irish-American brothers, and why they choose to start killing members of the mobs around Boston. It's a savagely good movie, one well worth a rental.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote: Indeed... I did not see it in the theaters because at the time I had to be very picky with my spending money, and it did not cause a "Ooo! MUST SEE" response.

Almost no one saw that movie at the theaters, which is considered by some to be a form of poetic justice. The movie gained a substantial following on video and dvd.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

I haven't seen the original either, something I plan to fix on Friday.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

If anyone, and I mean anyone, says word one about this movie beyond if they liked it or not, I will come for you.

I enjoyed myself.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

We're not getting it here... I can only hope for a nationwide release in the near future otherwise we'll have to wait for the DVD....
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I didn't even realize it was a limited release until I started looking for local showings around me. This is horseshit, but I guess not entirely unexpected given Duffy's history with Hollywood.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

I think its crap. There is only 65 theaters expected to get it, most in New York or California.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I have seen All Saints Day, you may touch me to partake in the blessing. :wink:

It's a good movie, now I'll admit this won't be a classic of Western Civilization, nor it is a deep thoughtful movie. While given the subject matter they could have wrestled with questions of morality, faith and the limits of convictions. That... Really didn't happen here, but that wasn't necessary for a good movie.

Just about every character returns for a fun, entertaining rip roaring rampage. Some new characters are introduced (including Special Agent Bloom, who is just... Damn kids). The origin of the Saints (read: Dad) is explained and more then a few secrets are revealed. Expect humor, violence, cursing and a damn bloodbath.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

-touches frigid-

I have been blessed!

I really do want to see it, and hope there's a nationwide release soon...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.