Martial Law in Harper's Ferry!

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Lonestar
Acolyte

#1 Martial Law in Harper's Ferry!

Post by Lonestar »

Howdy good Gents! I have taken a trip down the B&O for a weekend Sabbatical at harper's Ferry, which is located at the confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers!

Alas, upon my arrival I found this awaiting me:
Apparently there is some trouble going on in town! Passes have to retrieved from either the Virginia or Maryland Militia. The Town Band is out, rousing the crowd and providing marching steps for the Militia, which is also drilling.

My word! Some Ne'er Doer is taking hostages! But who is in charge of such a dastardly operation?

Why, it is the infamous John Brown, Mastermind of the Pottawatomie Creek killings! Who will stop this madman?

This Fellow appears to be waving towards someone, but who?

The Marines! These brave Soldiers of the Sea made short-work of the extremists, and then had to protect the criminals from the mob that had gathered outside. With John Brown thus captured, I was able to go back to enjoying the beautiful hills!

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy!" -J.F.K.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I need to go back there sometime. Last time I was ... about 14yrs old, I think.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

damn those are some good pictures of the river there Lonestar.....lovely photography
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.