Knights of the Old Republic Game

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As for the Force users of the group, CT's Hortek Jedi and my...Hortek Other will have been hanging out together out of necessity for the past 4-5 years up until now, keeping a low profile.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Angelod
Acolyte

Post by Angelod »

Aww, come now hotfoot, you don't think the most advanced weapon of war ever created by the mighty Offtecha corp would be so easily beaten and controlled? The extreme high voltage shock system has some advantageous side affects. ;)
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Angelod wrote:Aww, come now hotfoot, you don't think the most advanced weapon of war ever created by the mighty Offtecha corp would be so easily beaten and controlled? The extreme high voltage shock system has some advantageous side affects. ;)
Hey man, life sucks as a droid. Don't like it? Make something that breathes. :razz:

Edit: I'll be quick to point out that even the most free-spirited of droids have pretty severe programming that forces them to recognize and obey a master, and yes, even to suffer from restraining bolts. Even if you can take one off yourself, it's never an easy task. Even HK-47, one of the most free-spirited droids ever, built not by a company but by a renegade Jedi turned Sith, still had standard obedience protocols built in. Frankly, it's retarded not to, and for obvious reasons.

And even if that were the case, let's be blunt, you're a droid, I'm a mechanic. At some point, I'm going to have to work on you, and I have access to high explosives. Ask CT how quick I am to use that sort of situation to my advantage when faced with a character I deem dangerous.

But wait, there's more! The team already has two heavy hitters who would be likely to take you on, one on one, should the need arise.

No offense, but when you play an insane killing machine, there's an expectation that there is some level of control, either within yourself or employable by us. If there's not, you're what most sensible people would call a liability, and what I like to call "Airlock fuel".
Last edited by Hotfoot on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm revising your timeline a little:

9 YBG - Mandalorian War (Zyke & Marcao Fett meet)
4-5 YBG - Sith War (Zyke & Dewaddik meet)
2-3 YBG - Aftermath, Zyke and Dewaddik team up out of military, meet up with Marcao Fett, make a merc force to be reckoned with. Trys Andrena, with help from Patron, purchases "Selonia Sunrise", starts career as a trader.
1-2 YBG - Trys hires the Untouchable Trio, forms the Untouchable Trio +1
Intervening time - Shenanigans. Zyke convinces Trys he's perfect for her. Trys continues to do occassional runs for her Patron, which sometimes needs the Untouchable Trio to save her pretty little ass.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm revising your timeline a little:

9 YBG - Mandalorian War (Zyke & Marcao Fett meet)
4-5 YBG - Sith War (Zyke & Dewaddik meet)
2-3 YBG - Aftermath, Zyke and Dewaddik team up out of military, meet up with Marcao Fett, make a merc force to be reckoned with. Trys Andrena, with help from Patron, purchases "Selonia Sunrise", starts career as a trader.
1-2 YBG - Trys hires the Untouchable Trio, forms the Untouchable Trio +1
Intervening time - Shenanigans. Zyke convinces Trys he's perfect for her. Trys continues to do occassional runs for her Patron, which sometimes needs the Untouchable Trio to save her pretty little ass.

Hrm. If the Sith War was only 4-5 years ago, then I may need to revise the timeline on my background...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Same with mine, by a few years
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"May the Force be with you"
"What? Frek, the only thing that's come outta the Force is War. Frell you!"

:twisted:

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

*Cough*

"May the Force be with you" is the Jedi version. There IS a Sith version:

"May the Force serve you well" :)

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

As I understand it, this is the timeline of our game WRT the actual KOTOR games:

9 YBG - Mandalorian War
4-6 YBG - Sith War (Darth Malak)
1 YBG - KOTOR 2

CynCat should feel free to correct me, of course.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:*Cough*

"May the Force be with you" is the Jedi version. There IS a Sith version:

"May the Force serve you well" :)
This actually describes where I'm going to be going with Melek, now that I know him a bit better. His dilemma is as the different sayings above suggest - is the Force an ally, or a tool?
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I may play the timing of the background a bit by ear then. The salient facts of Ryassek's origins (specifically that he was essentially raised by the Sith) will remain the same.

Perhaps Rodians age at different rates than humans.

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

General Havoc wrote:I may play the timing of the background a bit by ear then. The salient facts of Ryassek's origins (specifically that he was essentially raised by the Sith) will remain the same.

Perhaps Rodians age at different rates than humans.
The Sith have existed in pockets all over the damn place. They don't rise and fall with the Sith Lords, but their power and influence ebbs and flows with the lord in command.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Can the assassin droid be stopped with a restraining bolt? No, he's designed not to be. Are there iron clad protocols that he is totally incapable of overriding or removing? You bet your sweet ass there is.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Name: Marcus Danal
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 2.0 meters
Weight: 120 kilograms
Skin Tone: Tanned
Hair: Short
Languages Spoken and Understood: Basic, Mando’ade, Twi`lek, Taung
Language Understood: Shyriwook, Zabrak

History: Marcus was the second born of his father the leader of his tribe. From an early age he was taught the basic tenets of Mandalorian society and was taught in the ways of the crusaders. He was educated in the ways of the tribe and of their obligation to their leader Mandalore. In time, Marcus became one of the premiere warriors of the tribe. When Mandalore went to war, the Mandalorians went with him and Marcus was at the heart of the conflict against the Republic.

In the war against the Republic, Marcus found great success in personal scale combat. He had a deft grasp of tactics and strategy and his superior training and excellent equipment granted him an upper hand against most adversaries. Crusaders do not form into armies and lack individual ranks. Individual warriors maintain their own initiative and follow more established warriors in the field covering each other as they advanced. Crusader tactics were unusual and that combined with their individual prowess and ruthless natures allowed them to overwhelm the bulk of Republican forces that dared to oppose them.

Near the peak of the war against the Republic, his prowess in battle was unquestioned and where he led in the battlefield warriors followed. It was at this personal peak that Marcus faced his first significant personal defeat of the war. Commanding a basilisk war droid, he was defeated in one on one combat by a Republic fighter. The enormous advantage that the basilisk possessed in terms of firepower was deflected by the superior maneuverability and skill of its pilot. While the duel technically ended in a draw, Marcus perceived it as a personal defeat. A true Mandalorian would have swatted aside the small fighter beneath the Basilisk’s shockwave cannon.

His defeat was only compounded by what occurred later as pirates found both his basilisk war droid and the offending republican fighter drifting in space and quickly subdued him. Captivity in a pirate ship was unthinkable for Marcus and a lifetime of potential slavery unpalatable to one of Mandalore’s warriors. He worked alongside the Republican pilot that had fought him to a standstill understanding that his chances for freedom where highest with his aid. In the end, both men managed to break out of the holding cells and escaped aboard a stolen ship.

By the time that Marcus made it back to the front lines, the tide of battle had begun to shift against the Mandalorians. Jedi Revan became a name full of wonder and admiration as time and time again he managed to devise new methods to bring defeat to the Mandalorian host. In the end, even Mandalore himself was unable stop the Jedi. The death of Mandalore in Malachor V sent shockwaves through his troops and demoralized the surviving warriors. The war was over, Revan had won.

Marcus returned to his tribe for a period of time after the defeat in the war and discovered that losses among his tribe had been more significant than he had expected. The loss of the bulk of the Mandalorian fleet had taken a terrible toll. When the Sith War occurred, he participated out of duty more so than desire. His lack of enthusiasm did not dampen his skills. At the end of the Sith war, Marcus found himself as being one of the unofficial leaders of the tribe as experienced warriors replaced those that had fallen during the war. Tribe Danal had lost its leader, and a host of others. Marcus was the logical choice to be elevated to the position of tribe leader with his father, mother and elder brother dead.

He did not accept the offer. He had too many doubts, both about himself and the path that the Mandalorians as a whole seemed to be taking. The neo-crusader ideology bothered him immensely. Its pragmatic approach in terms of war making clashing with his outlook of what made someone a Mandalorian. He left the planet of his birth and said that he was uncertain when he would return. He was told that if he did not return home to marry in two years time he would be sought out.

Personality: Marcus is no more and no less than what would expect from a traditional crusader. He is a devout follower of the six actions, believes that family is more than simple bloodlines and strives to master both the art of war and himself.

Combat Reactions: In combat, Marcus is able to adapt separate strategies and tactics depending on the situation. He will usually target the most threatening member of an opposing group within range and seek to remove the threat, although if he feels that the enemy may be bullied or cowed he will often times target the weakest members first. A pragmatic man, Marcus is willing to utilize the best tools at hand in order to achieve his objectives. He will limit collateral damage when possible and will not kill needlessly.

Physical Description: Marcus is two meters tall and weighs 120 kilograms. He is a large man although surprisingly nimble for his size. Having been raised as a Mandalorian and using armor most of his adult life, he is not as agile as others but possesses significant stores of strength and stamina.

Gear

Duty – The measure of a warrior is the armor that he wears. Duty is a heavily modified suit of Assault Armor that has been modified over the course of several years. Duty is colored black and silver and is covered with energy ablative plating and includes boots, gauntlets and a helmet. The helmet includes an internal com-link as well as an impressive array of visual and auditory enhancements. The armor provides up to twenty four hours of life support to its user and includes a jetpack, but due to the weight of the armor, the jet pack has a maximum fly speed slower than lighter designs. Duty possesses a total of six upgrade slots. An integrated flamethrower mounted on the left wrist, a heavy energy shield system on the right forearm and the addition of cortosis weave layers into the armor are the only known modifications at this time.

Honor- While the measure of a warrior is the armor he wears, it is his honor to seek out glory in combat. Honor is a modified heavy repeating blaster granting a balance between range, lethality and the ability to suppress his adversaries. The weapon itself is a tri-barreled design with a larger than average power pack capacity.

Vibrosword - A very simple weapon with a vibrating blade, designed to end conversations at close range.

Armory – A warrior should have the tools he needs to complete his objectives. Marcus carries with him an assortment of grenades, explosives and other tools of the trade. The two weapons that stand out the most are a sonic rifle designed to deal with Jedi and Sith and a net-gun, a carbine sized weapon that can fire a net capable of snaring a medium sized creature. The net gun is capable of firing a variety of nets, from nets that stun their target, to nets that are made of cortosis weave to nets that explode once snaring their prey.

Toolkits - Various toolkits for maintaining weapons, armor and creating explosives.

Combat Skills
Initiative
Heavy Weapons
Rifles
Pistols
Armor Training
Tactics
Demolitions
Melee
Hand to Hand

General Skills
Intimidation
Endurance
Mechanics
Survival
Last edited by Marcao on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

And we have a Marcus on the good ship "Sunrise"

I was thinking you guys that 'buy in' have 17% shares each. Trys has 49% ownership, so unless the three of you stand against her together, she gets her way :wink: Of course, convincing one of you around to her point of view means the other two are outvoted. :lol:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I'll be starting the game on Sunday.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:I'll be starting the game on Sunday.
Rockful.

- William Gibson

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Praise be Unto You :king:
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I can hardly wait :)

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Hey! It's Sunday in WV. Can we start now?

:lol:

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Now what was that about Marcoa?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Hrm, so all three of us cheddars on one planet. This should be interesting, if not easier.

Can Melek sense the presence of Havoc's character, considering what a maelstrom of dark energies he must be?

- William Gibson

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

rhoenix wrote:Hrm, so all three of us cheddars on one planet. This should be interesting, if not easier.

Can Melek sense the presence of Havoc's character, considering what a maelstrom of dark energies he must be?
That is what the precog/farsight is for
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:
rhoenix wrote:Hrm, so all three of us cheddars on one planet. This should be interesting, if not easier.

That is what the precog/farsight is for
Fair enough.

EDIT: And yes, Shikate was just a name I made up for the Sith equivalent of Type 5 lightsaber fighting. If there's a better name, let me know.
Last edited by rhoenix on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:
EDIT: And yes, Shikate was just a name I made up for the Sith equivalent of Type 5 lightsaber fighting. If there's a better name, let me know.
The Jedi name. The Sith are a Jedi offshot and they adopted fighting with lightsabers after the Jedi did.