Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

You know that Rufus Shinra was the one in the wheelchair, right?

Do you mean Reno, leader of the Turks?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:You know that Rufus Shinra was the one in the wheelchair, right?

Do you mean Reno, leader of the Turks?
I remember. He did get up out of the wheelchair later in the movie though, that I can recall.

Reno's a bit too sloppy - Templar would act more like Rude.
Last edited by rhoenix on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

IRWriter86: I don't know why, but I keep imagining your character in Heroes as quadrapedal.
genhavoc: ... hrm... really?
genhavoc: I did provide a visual link :-)
IRWriter86: Maybe it's just because it would be more stable, or because I keep relating it to the robot things from Ghost in the Shell.
genhavoc: The Tachikoma?
IRWriter86: Yeah.
genhavoc: Hehe
genhavoc: I admit that I might have used them as a model for some things, but the physical construction is not quadrupedal (nor wheeled)
IRWriter86: No idea why. But there's a 40% chance I'll hear your character speak in their voices...
genhavoc: They had the voices of little girls.
IRWriter86: Yes.
genhavoc: little Japanese girls.
IRWriter86: Yes.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Holy fuck that would be funny.

A man hears a small, young, Japanese-accented female voice behind him. "Excuse me sir?"

He turns around...and shits his pants. Perhaps Alpha should start buying stock in Depends...
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

*falls over laughing, will now hear the robot speaking as a Tachikoma*

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

ROFLMFAO

You are now required by internet humor regulations to do this for the lulz, havoc.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I almost want to apologize to Havoc now for bringing this upon him.

Almost...
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I swear he should look like a Tachikoma too!

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I HATE YOU ALL.

SO MUCH.

Goddamnit people, I HAD a child-like robot with a chirpy voice, but only when I actually pull out the REALLY imposing shit do you decide it's time to Tachikomafy him!
Last edited by General Havoc on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

*is still laughing at Havoc, but now for a whole other reason*

Congradulations, everyone. Now that you all have your new team designation, the Big Daddy Warbot is your new god. He is technically the Alpha and the Omega...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:I HATE YOU ALL.

SO MUCH.

Goddamnit people, I HAD a child-like robot with a chirpy voice, but only when I actually pull out the REALLY imposing shit do you decide it's time to Tachikomafy him!
Of course. A 2-ton walking artillery tank that has a voice like a little Japanese girl is much, much funnier than Hornet.

Now we just need to buy a large schoolgirl's uniform from the Really Big & Damn Tall store, and Alpha's good.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

It's THREE tons, thank you very much.

... goddamn you all... now I'm actually CONSIDERING this...
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

B4UTRUST wrote:*is still laughing at Havoc, but now for a whole other reason*

Congradulations, everyone. Now that you all have your new team designation, the Big Daddy Warbot is your new god. He is technically the Alpha and the Omega...
The walking turtle will mention this in game.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

General Havoc wrote:It's THREE tons, thank you very much.

... goddamn you all... now I'm actually CONSIDERING this...
No, stick with the ED-209 voice.

Unless it starts speaking Japanese. Then it should be a little Japanese girl's voice
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Oh, what the hell. B4 gave this the okay, and I might as well give it a shot. If I end up having to drop out, so be it. Forgive the picture, it's old but it's as good as it's going to get for a while, I don't have CoH anymore.

Colors may have changed, but there’s little I can do at this point.
Name: Herbert Killian
Alias: Mark 25, FAM25, FAMAS, Mark
Sex: Male

History: Herbert Killian was an unregistered Metahuman who was on the verge of applying for a government position a few years after coming to terms with his powers. On his way to the federal registration facility, he was intercepted by a villainous organization led by a Mad Doc Gadgeteer by the name of PsyberCykosis. When Killian missed his appointment, the Agency started an investigation.

In the meantime, Killian became just one of dozens of the Mad Doc’s experiments in enhancing and controlling meta powers with cybernetic surgery. Killian was experiment number twenty five. When the Agency finally raided the secret laboratory, Killian was about to undergo the final set of procedures. The first twenty four metaborgs were unleashed on the Agency team, most ended up dead or in a catatonic state. The experiments after Killian were reverted to a more normal state after serious therapy. Killian, however, was beyond total recovery. The Agency did what it could to restore his mind, but the combination of cybernetic implants and raw trauma he underwent at the hands of PsyberCykosis resulted in a near total loss of personality. Functionally, however, he remained useful to the organization, and while work still continues on restoring his mind, he has since been put to work as an Agency Operative.

Addendum: For years, Herbert Killian was a subdued, compliant, consummate operative within Ultima. He was sent where he was needed, he performed a job, and did what was needed. Sparks of personality came through, and some even commented that he was far more insightful than he commonly let on. Subtle jokes and deep insights often were lost on some members of Ultima, but not his superiors. When the Omni-Corp incident happened, Ultima brass was hesitant to send in Killian, with his questionable mental state and poor reactions to other cyborgs, but these fears were largely unfounded with regards to his effectiveness. He saved countless lives over the course of the crisis, and even managed to infiltrate an Omni-Corp base and destroy it from within, all while getting out with valuable intelligence data.

From that point on, Killian was an unsung hero in Ultima. His praises never reached the public eye because of the backlash against cybernetic, robotic, and AI agents. Killian did not seem to mind though, as his own hatred at having been forced to become a cyborg let him sympathize with the victims of Omni-Corp and the general opinions of the nation. Despite this, he never once failed to continue serving Ultima and America to the best of his ability, something which puzzles most who have read his case file without having met him.

List of Powers and Perks (Listed in rough order of relative power):
Force Field Projection: Capable of withstanding incredible power, Mark 25’s force fields have grown more powerful over the last several years, and he has used them to great effect in the field, protecting more fragile team members. Many agents and civilians owe their lives to Mark 25. Unfortunately, much of the boost in power seems to have come from the modifications PsyberCykosis installed.
Superhuman Strength: Mark 25’s frame is considerably powerful, enough to go toe to toe with low level brawler threats, he can easily subdue normal humans and hold his own in a fight, though his strength is often not enough to take down tougher opponents by himself. He can flip a car with concentrated effort.
Superhuman Toughness: Mark 25’s frame is extremely tough, capable of resisting high-power rifle rounds and moderate meta-level carnage. Combined with his force fields, he can stand toe to toe with some of the heaviest hitters out there, though he cannot match their damage output.
Technopathy/Machine Link: Mark 25 can use his interface technology to take control of some machines, networks, and so forth. He cannot forcibly take control from any sort of sentient machine, or even strongly protected systems. He has been able to use this to defend against attempts to hack into his own systems in the past, however.
Enhanced Human Coordination and Quickness: Not super-human, but certainly above the baseline, Mark 25’s body is precise and possessing of some speed. He can run at a solid pace without tiring, and is a deadly shot with his pistol.
Limited Resistance (Hostile Conditions): Can operate in extreme temperatures and weather conditions, and can work without air for several hours.
Enhanced Senses: Mark 25’s visor allows him to see into various spectrums, including Thermal, Near-IR, and UV. It has modest magnification capabilities. His audio sensors afford him very keen hearing, and he is naturally patched into radio, wi-fi, and other broadcasting technologies.
Internal Database/Enhanced Memory: Mark 25 has a small computer system hooked up to his brain, affording him improved memory and the ability to store data, including thoughts, sensations, and recordings from his sensors. This data can be shared through his physical or wireless access points.
Ultima Sponsorship: Due to his service in Ultima, he has access to a specialized pistol, a customized unmarked patrol car, and a specialized motorcycle.

Flaws:
Vulnerable to EMP: Even with his shield up, Mark 25’s cybernetic nature makes him vulnerable to Electromagnetic Pulses, which can cause his body to lock up and all of his technology based abilities to fail. In extreme cases, his life can be put in danger.
Vulnerable to Hacking: A powerful enough technopath could shut down or even potentially subvert some of Mark 25’s systems.
Dependence (Specialized Food/Maintenance): Mark 25’s body is of a construction not his own, and needs to be maintained for his survival. In addition, so much of his body was removed in the process that he now needs to survive on food specially tailored to his unique nutritional needs.
Shattered Psyche: Mark 25 was tortured and mutilated by PsyberCykosis, and hates the form he is in now. For years, he locked himself away behind a façade of a nearly emotionless robotic personality, which has slowly been chipped away until the OmniCorp incident. His memories of life before his kidnapping and torture are still fractured, but he still has flashes from time to time.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

awesome...

welcome aboard Hotfoot.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Now if I can just upload the new pictures...
Edit: Okay, until I can get my FTP working again, here's Picasa links to the redesign of Mark 25

Without Shield

With Shield
Last edited by Hotfoot on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

at least we now have a more even balance between offense and defense.....

this will be better than Mirage...(hopefully)
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Does he usually strike a heroic pose while his shield is up as well? :grin:
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Well given that his pistol won't be the focus of his actions most times, I can't very well have him doing hotshot gunslinger moves, now can I? :razz:
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I like. Welcome aboard.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Since Gemini is literally twinned minds, I think Templar would have to be very asleep to not realize what she was.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

[13:27] IRWriter86: Which brings me to an odd thought pattern. If Hiedi gets pregnant...
[13:29] IRWriter86: Or even if she CAN get pregnant.
[13:40] TevarTahalshia: *TWITCH*
[13:40] IRWriter86: What?
[13:40] TevarTahalshia: This is why Jerri insists on birthcontrol
[13:41] TevarTahalshia: I'm pretty sure they have something like Depo or one of those contraceptive devices that is implanted inside the body
[13:41] IRWriter86: I wasn't sure that since the whole "Heal all injuries between bodies" thing occured to what level these were different bodies and whay things would carry over and what wouldn't.
[13:42] TevarTahalshia: I think B4 would stand by me to state that Contraceptives work VERY WELL
[13:42] TevarTahalshia: Last thing either of them need is a pregnancy, especially since the Serum would have serious side-effects
[13:42] IRWriter86: Agreed on all counts.
[13:42] TevarTahalshia: I'm not wanting to go into too many details on how it works.. but a RNA/RetroVirus is the best guess
[13:43] TevarTahalshia: If one of them -wanted- to have a child, Jerri would have to avoid the Serum for the full term, as well as for the time she might be nursing.
[13:43] TevarTahalshia: Heidi would not like that.
[13:44] TevarTahalshia: That's probably the only reason Heidi would be insisting on condoms -- pregnancy means she'd be trapped and unable to get out and have fun
[13:45] IRWriter86: Hahaha.
[13:45] TevarTahalshia: And suddenly I know the contents of one of the little pockets on Heidi's side of the utility belt
[13:45] IRWriter86: HAHAHA.
[13:46] TevarTahalshia: Heidi: Jerri can borrow some if she needs to
Jerri : Will you Shut Up!
[13:46] IRWriter86: *Jerri goes down during a fight and the team is looking for her taser* "It's gotta be in one of these pockets! Here! What's in... Well then."

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Since Gemini is literally twinned minds, I think Templar would have to be very asleep to not realize what she was.
He noticed; I'd say he just isn't awake enough to really realize the ramifications of it yet.

- William Gibson

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

damn whimper-snappers and your condoms....

back in my day, we rode bareback, and we liked it!

This was, of course, back before the Super-Aids