Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:damn whimper-snappers and your condoms....

back in my day, we rode bareback, and we liked it!

This was, of course, back before the Super-Aids
And when the Clap was just a handshake between friends, right?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Exactly!

The Clap was just a handshake, and the crabs where something you caught in salt-water and boiled them to eat!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

An explanation for some of XC-001 Alpha's force level authorization codes:

XC-001 Alpha has varying pre-programmed levels of threat response, to deal with everything from shoplifters to full scale paramilitary or Class-10 metahuman assaults. Each level of force response is self-authorized, meaning the robot makes an internal assessment as to what level of response to allow itself, based on external factors and relative threats to self or bystanders, collateral damage risks, and the overall mission parameters. Note that these are not tactical assessments, merely authorization levels that govern what degree of "weapons free" behavior is to be permitted.

There are five force levels, each one representing an escalation above the one previous:

Force Level Alpha: "Minimal Risk Engagements". Usually deployed against fleeing human suspects, petty criminals, or other force-required situations where there exists no assessed threat to bystanders or to the Sentinel unit itself. The priority is therefore the safe apprehension of the suspect, with the minimum possible damage to the suspect's person. Only non-lethal, low-risk weapons are authorized (adhesive cannons, sonic emitters, flashbang grenades, zip-cuffs, water cannon). Lethal weapons and high-risk non-lethal weapons are not authorized.

Force Level Beta: "Medium-Risk Engagements". The default force level when facing lethally-armed human, or unknown metahuman suspects. The priority is the apprehension of the suspects with no collateral damage or damage to the Sentinel unit. All non-lethal weapons are authorized, including those which carry a physical risk to the suspect (tasers, tear gas, concussion grenades). Lethal weapons are not authorized.

Force Level Gamma: "High-Risk Engagements". Suspects are armed and/or pose an imminent or critical threat to civilian life, or to the Sentinel unit itself. Use of measured Lethal Force is authorized in self-defense, or defense of civilian life. All non-lethal weapons are fully authorized, even at risk of moderate collateral property damage. 7.62mm machine guns are authorized for precision elimination of critical threats to Sentinel unit or public well-being. This force level is commonly used in hostage situations. Heavy weapons are not authorized.

Force Level Delta: "Full Force Engagements". Suspects pose imminent and wide-scale threat to civilian population, and are of a nature or number incommensurate with the capacity of Force Level Gamma weapons systems to contain. Use of heavy weapons is authorized, including 30mm Autocannons. Automatic fire mode is authorized for all weapons. Collateral damage is not considered a priority save in the most extreme cases. Primary directive is to protect civilian life, even at risk of damage or destruction of Sentinel unit. This Force level indicates a full-scale battle against an extreme threat to civic order, and generally denotes either a full-fledged metahuman or paramilitary assault on a civil region, or a weapons-free engagement in an area with no civilian or collateral assets to be damaged (the middle of the Mojave desert, for example).

Force Level Epsilon
: "Weapons Free". Threat level of suspects exceeds all possible collateral damage ramifications of Sentinel unit's weapon systems. Use of all weapons is authorized in any firing mode requested, including 72mm electromagnetic rail cannon. Collateral damage is likely to be extreme and is not considered relevant to firing solutions. In this mode, absolute priority is destruction of the hostile target or targets, even at possible risk to civilian life. This Force level cannot be authorized from risks solely to Sentinel unit, even in non-civilian areas. Threats must be of an immediate, extreme, and quantifiable nature to civilian life alone. The Sentinel unit may not invoke Force Level Epislon in pure self defense, though in practice, threats to the Sentinel unit requiring this level of Force response generally pose a sufficient threat to civilian life to qualify for Force Level Epsilon.
Last edited by General Havoc on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

HEIDI!
Her hair is that short, but curly and a dark reddish brown.

JERRI!
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1294964480/nm0004754/

BOTH are Jessica Biel, btw. One of the great ladies who can do both Action and Girl-Next-Door styles.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Blade: Trinity, also known as the movie that convinced me Ryan Reynolds would play a good Deadpool.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Anyone miss Argent's teleport yet? :twisted:

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

No.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

not yet. No.

Unless you ask the dead Saibot....he missed certain things about Argent's teleporting....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

*Looks up from accessing a few files on Argent. Image files*

Hmm, what?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

I do love seeing Jason get swatted out of the sky...
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

B4 are you going to stick to the military classification level I suggested in the last game or have you tossed that out? I'm just wondering.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I had completely forgotten about it till you mentioned it Frigid. I mean it's been what? 2 years or so? I'll have to dig it out of the old OoC and review it and see what was what
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Jason, you're a stupid motherfucker.

*sigh* I was about to get online here this morning and suggest an idea I had during the night. Jerri/Heidi had heard the commentary about Havoc's machine being a Peacekeeper, and in her dormant mode Jerri can have the time to think that over and come up with a plan.

My plan was to suggest Mark25 and Heidi go in, identify themselves as Federal Agents working for Ultima, and inform the Robot that he was requested to report to Ultima for debriefing. Once ID'd as Federal Agents, in theory Havoc's machine would power down and follow meekly as debriefing is probably in his programming.

But that was before Jason, who wasn't even AT the Team Omega meeting, pulled a Stupid Rogue Agent Trick and got himself swatted out of the sky, after ID'ing himself as Ultima.

You stupid Motherfucker. Now we'll have to fight.

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Don't have to, Plan A can still work.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

yep
Though to be honest, that was my intention to do with Havoc's character from the get go. Two characters approach it, identify as Ultima, and request it's returning to base for debrief and refit.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Hehe.. There's two agents on a motorcycle with Sirens going about to reach it :lol:

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Inferno likes the call, so it's up to Mark25.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The special attache also agrees. Gemini would be the best one to make the approach to the unit, while Mark provides backup with his Force Field powers (make sure he does the Superman pose! It's nessecary).
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

The mercenary agrees as well.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

The GM concurs that it's a sound and good plan that doesn't involve holy blessed nukes, dropping a building on someone or general mayhem, mischief, death or wanton destruction.

Thusly the GM wants to know where the fuck did you all come from and what did you do with his players?!
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I'm just capable of playing more than murdering bastards.

I know, shocking.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

B4UTRUST wrote:Thusly the GM wants to know where the fuck did you all come from and what did you do with his players?!
I am attempting to play the BRAINS of the outfit. Therefore, I think of non-violent ways to handle situations.

The question is always will the Brawn listen (This includes Heidi). :wink:

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

LadyTevar wrote:
B4UTRUST wrote:Thusly the GM wants to know where the fuck did you all come from and what did you do with his players?!
I am attempting to play the BRAINS of the outfit. Therefore, I think of non-violent ways to handle situations.

The question is always will the Brawn listen (This includes Heidi). :wink:
Only Comrade Tortoise has a real super-brain, his characters is still up there (though non-super)

He listens.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It's simple really.

We're all evil clones created by Project: Guardian to harrass and confuse the GM into going slowly insane, while they take out Tarot and rule the world.....

No seriously, we're not always homicidal maniacs.......mostly.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Heidi: Speak for yourself, Legion.