Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ah... well... Either way, you were stuffed in the van, and you had best not move.

Omega team wants to have a few cursewords at you.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

From what I hear from various players there's going to be a whole lot of blamestorming at various people. Not just Firewalker...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

Sorry if I am playing a brash new guy... I am trying to do character development with him
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Well, I can at least say that Templar did most of the things right (except for that line about employment, I know), despite it being an uncoordinated cacophony.

Still though, no deaths, and not much in the way of property damage, so apart from the PR incident gone horribly horribly awry, things could be worse.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

By god, the first game, at this point we were bashing through a downtown building, leaving fear and destruction in our wake.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Agent Fisher wrote:By god, the first game, at this point we were bashing through a downtown building, leaving fear and destruction in our wake.
Well, I suppose one out of two (and that one on accident) isn't too bad. :wink:
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

admittedly, the first call was a cluster fuck and a half back then......

And right now...Me and Charon are still kinda deciding who is supposed to be in charge...we both didn't want to start off doing it...then we both kinda leaped into it when things start going pear-shaped.....

I'm pretty sure by the end of it all, it'll be Inferno taking command, since, he's...you know, actually Ultima employed.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Oh come on, you're NSA. You're a good guy...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear, Inferno being leader. That's just... huh... Well Agent Hawk has the final word anyway.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

To be blunt, this could have ended MUCH worse. I mean, I am fairly certain that this would have ended in a panic regardless of our actions (all it took was a scream... lots of things can cause a single scream, including including odd ringtones). As it stands it may or may not end in an angry riot now or later, and we didnt fight the droid... leading to a lot of destruction and a lot of dead people AND a panicked riot...
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Charon wrote:Oh come on, you're NSA. You're a good guy...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear, Inferno being leader. That's just... huh... Well Agent Hawk has the final word anyway.
He is the PR guy...
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

We didn't fight the droid yet. There's still a chance it will come down to that.

But yes, this could have been much worse than it has so far been. Could have been better, but all told it's not too bad. Recoverable.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Part of the reason Legion flashed his NSA credentials and spoke in his "Authoriative" voice at the mech. It should recognize those
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

retroactively changing Legion's primary affilitation from NSA to CIA....

thanks to Hotfoot to pointing out NSA does do intel work..not field work and counter-terrorism like Legion has done in the past...
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Note that the droid has not agreed to come with you yet
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

If nobody else will do something about that, I will.
Last edited by rhoenix on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

General Havoc wrote:Note that the droid has not agreed to come with you yet
Then the droid should post, huh. :razz:
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

And you expect to move around a 3 ton mech...how?

Attempting to move it by force will only result in bad things.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Then let Heidi or Templar do it. :wink:

Only kidding - while either character could lift Alpha, I have...doubts as to whether they could carry Alpha all the way back to the field office.

Although that would be hardcore.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

You know what else is hardcore? Setting off pretty much every alarm in the robot's system by lifting him in the air, leading to him using lethal force.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

yeah

that's pretty hot.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Charon wrote:You know what else is hardcore? Setting off pretty much every alarm in the robot's system by lifting him in the air, leading to him using lethal force.
No, that would be more "oops, should've asked first" moment than...

Well, wait. It does have a "Hey guys! Look at this!" feeling written all over it, doesn't it?

Aside from that, Alpha's permission would have to be gained first, of course. I would hope that nobody took what I said to mean that either Heidi or Templar would simply walk up to Alpha, sling it over our shoulders, and walk away.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I am almost eager to see what that would result in...

Except that I already know what it would result in. Bad things.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:I am almost eager to see what that would result in...

Except that I already know what it would result in. Bad things.
Tempting...

...But perhaps best left to another game.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

The robot just decided that you guys were scaring the police too much.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Right, well, in the interest of coordination, I'll hold off from immediately posting as Templar. I will say however that he thinks this situation right now is absolutely perfect, and would be perfectly willing to comply with the mech's demands, as doing so for the moment would satisfy all mission criteria impressively.

Maybe less than impressively due to the whole media thing.

- William Gibson