Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Just keeping the record straight my friend.

Oh and Tev? Foxtrot, November, Gulf are all letters in the military alphabet, together they form FNG... Or... Fucking New Guy. :wink:

Oh, B4 you're plastering them on the news? Already? Ow.

And... Did the bloody robot y'all are there to arrest just take over and arrest y'all back? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by frigidmagi on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

frigidmagi wrote:And... Did the bloody robot y'all are there to arrest just take over and arrest y'all back? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, Inferno was told that protection of the civilian populace is primary, bringing it in secondary. He has achieved both of those goals even if it is under strained conditions.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Not Optimal, but mission complete.

So let's get going, hmm?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

frigidmagi wrote:Just keeping the record straight my friend.

Oh and Tev? Foxtrot, November, Gulf are all letters in the military alphabet, together they form FNG... Or... Fucking New Guy. :wink:

Oh, B4 you're plastering them on the news? Already? Ow.

And... Did the bloody robot y'all are there to arrest just take over and arrest y'all back? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, they're on the news. Giant Omnicorp slaughterbot, bank robbery and ultima agents offering jobs out like candy equals good news bite. Add in a teenage mutant scientific turtle to freak the crowd out just adds to it. The news was notified.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

*sigh*

Well... better a media circus than a few blocks of destruction, right?

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

One would think a Ninja Turtle would be PR bonus. Charon you got a hell of an asschewing coming from higher man.... Good Luck.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As momentarily tempted as I was to have Templar's head literally explode from all the stupid and back off for a while, it's too late for that now.

So, after some walking and dreaming last night, I fleshed him out a bit more - and it really does make perfect sense for him to be an insomniac. Never really being able to sleep except for brief moments where he can ignore the voices of everyone's hopes and fears around him, and always volunteering for multi-day missions where the mission is more important than sleeping.

Therefore, yeah, eventually at the meeting he'll chalk it up to sleep dep.
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

*Looks at Firewalkers post*

*Sets NeXT to cracking some ground-to-air missile launch codes*

Fragging is an occasionally necessary practice.
Last edited by SirNitram on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

no, no fragging

let me put him into a multi-month coma while his body tries to regain it's about to be drained life-force...

I could use nifty flight powers for abit...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Dark Silver wrote:no, no fragging

let me put him into a multi-month coma while his body tries to regain it's about to be drained life-force...

I could use nifty flight powers for abit...
Can we really support two Coma Guys? House couldn't.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Yes, but House didn't get nifty flight powers and the ability to blow shit up.

And we don't have to support two coma guys. One of them is in a safe secret location, under his own watch, while his mind is floating around on the net with us.

We can ditch the second, much more recent coma guy, onto a different medical team.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I am trying to play the good leader here... not the leader that threatens his troops with death every six seconds and tries to kill them every other minute.

Do not make me rethink this plan, I DO have the potential to turn you into a rapidly expanding cloud of atoms.

To be entirely frank, if you're going to play a hotshot, on his own, ignoring orders, asshole of a meta, please get rid of him and bring a new player in. I don't want to deal with this shit at every turn.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

And as the GM I whole heartedly agree. Seriously, that was perhaps the stupidest move made yet in game and there have been some winners thus far.

You're suppose to be a governmental agent who is trained and knows how to follow some gods-damned orders. Act like it. Because as I see it now there are only two logical explainations for why you did that. One is that your character is simply that brain dead retarded, in which case I don't think he would have qualified as an Agent as they normally like to have their people possessing some sort of cognitive ability beyond "ooo shiny!"

The only other option I see, and please feel free to add some more as you all find them, is that your character deliberately did it to antagonize the robot, ignore orders and act like a fucking retard. So which is it? Are you borderline fucktarded or are you a fucking asshole who does this shit for kicks and giggles at the risk of the safety of his team and the general populace.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

Actually he was testing the level of strictness that the robot has in its protocols, to see how much the opposition can get away with IF it is brought onto our team. He was also testing his response times and accuracy, basically attempting to evaluate him as an ally. He has no problem sacrificing some minor pain to himself if it means more data for the AI to go through and also find a weakness in the robot IF one needs to be found.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

All of which can be done ELSEWHERE.

You want testing? Training? Very well. You've volunteered for the FNG training program, courtesy of Mark 25. You are in a world of shit, maggot.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:Actually he was testing the level of strictness that the robot has in its protocols, to see how much the opposition can get away with IF it is brought onto our team. He was also testing his response times and accuracy, basically attempting to evaluate him as an ally. He has no problem sacrificing some minor pain to himself if it means more data for the AI to go through and also find a weakness in the robot IF one needs to be found.
And your character decided that he was far more eminently qualified to do all of this testing, going by specific Ultima procedure and protocol, far better than those whose jobs it is within Ultima to do so?

Additionally, the first time you were within Alpha's airspace, Starfighter got tazered and immobilized. What hypothesis was he testing, exactly, that suggested that the second time would merit different results than the first?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

considering he has no reason to believe the AI would even be brought onto the team...

That is a piss poor excuse for IC.

OOC wise, that's metagaming.

Do it again, and I will personally put a clip of bullets in your head, or keep you in a coma while I feed off your life-force until I get nice flight abilities permanently.....then kill you.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:Actually he was testing the level of strictness that the robot has in its protocols, to see how much the opposition can get away with IF it is brought onto our team. He was also testing his response times and accuracy, basically attempting to evaluate him as an ally. He has no problem sacrificing some minor pain to himself if it means more data for the AI to go through and also find a weakness in the robot IF one needs to be found.
Ahem.

Bullshit.

At this point you have no clue what-so-ever that Alpha is anything other than a strange acting Omnicorp slaughterbot. The fact that it hasn't killed civvies yet is the weird part. It has no offer of employment and your orders were to bring it in. Not be buddy buddy with it. Not test it's capabilities, which have been demonstrated to be able to knock your stupid ass out of the sky. Which should have been made abundently clear when he knocked you out the first time. Hard lessons need to be learned twice it seems.

You're fucking using OOC information in character and admitting to it. Your character is not only acting brash, stupid, wreckless and retarded, the character's player isn't doing any better in my opinion.

So your entire fucking 'logical' reasoning is complete bullshit, you know it, we know it, your GM especially knows it and is not exactly liking it. Consider this a big warning to you. Shape up or get lost. This game doesn't need metagaming and players who aren't going to bother thinking and then try to lie and bullshit their way through it.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

*Blinks*

*blinks again*

I've heard some stupid ideas.

I mean, really, stupid ideas.

My brother being the source of many of them.

Regardless, that's fucking stupid as hell. I'd go into why, but everybody else already has. I just felt that it was so stupid of an idea that I needed to say so.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

If I am not mistaken Rheonix's character had offered it a position with Ultima and that had been mentioned not only by Rheonix but by others as well, within earshot of my character. Therefor I had assumed that I had knowledge of the offer of employment. Sorry if it seems like I was metagaming but I dont see it as such.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

No, you were just being FUCKING STUPID and getting your teammates in even more trouble by attempting to set the dangerous robot off on a rampage...

AFTER YOUR LEADER SAID GET IN THE VAN WE'RE LEAVING.

As was mentioned, this robot already beat you down once, and now you want Round Two? That was a fuckin' stupid move and you deserve all the punishment that's coming down on your head the next several in-game days.

Be glad if you wake up in the brig. Heidi was visualizing your head when she punched the wall.

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Templar made the giant fuckup of offering the thing a job. Hence the massive clusterfuck that resulted with the media and the civvie populace and the 5 other guys yelling at him about how fucking retarded that move was.

Of course this was discussed over the last few days both ICly and OOCly, most of it unfavorably towards Rheonix.

With that being said, your excuse is still just that. A fucking excuse. A piss poor fucking excuse at that and is unacceptable. My statement and warning still stands. Shape up or dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. Capiche?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason, your reasoning amounts to "rhoenix fucked up, so I can fuck up too!"

No. No you can't, not on the same damn thing. Quite honestly, your response made me think that you haven't really read the IC or OOC much beyond a quick skim.

Make your own mistakes, don't try to capitalize on mine.

- William Gibson

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Would you all mind if I brought in a character?
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Haizu wrote:Would you all mind if I brought in a character?
Are you going to do stupid shit like Firewalker? :wink:

You did decently last game, other than the problems with your connection