Heroes: Rebirth

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Lol, no I won't do anything like that. I tend to play characters that just shoot/beat the shit out of things and don't say a whole lot.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

We could use another Tank :lol:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Haizu wrote:Lol, no I won't do anything like that. I tend to play characters that just shoot/beat the shit out of things and don't say a whole lot.
If this idea is what like you and I were discussing, that would work nicely. You may want to ditch the Technopathy and replace it with something else, though.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

John Crichton AKA Chimera

Age: Appears to be 21 Actual is 33. Because of his ability to manipulate his DNA, his aging has slowed down dramatically. Current speed of aging is 5-1. This ability ratio increases over time as his abilities continue to develop.

Race: Caucasian

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 150 lbs

Physical Description: Tanned, blue eyes, blonde hair, well built. He is able to change these features at will but this is his original.

Distinguishing Marks: Scar running down his left eye. He can also remove this, but he leaves it as a reminder.

History: Born on September 16, 1975, his abilities did not present themselves until he hit puberty at age 13. Graduating at the age of 17, he was soon after recruited by Ultima as a field reconnaisance agent. John is generally friendly and outgoing, but because of his constant changing of DNA, he can sometimes become a little unhinged.

Affiliation: Ultima

Abilities
Mitochondrial Control: Able to manipulate the Mitochondria in his own body as well as others, although his influence on another person's is limited. He is able to directly change his DNA structure at will, enabling him to take the form of pretty much any animal or person he would like. He can also make partial changes so that he can just take characteristics from said people and animals without completely changing his form. He has recently discovered that he can directly influence another persons' Mitochondria thought direct contact with the persons' skin. These effects are limited though. He is able to induce such things as accelerated healing and physical boosting. Because of the amount of energy needed to perform these actions, John has to constantly consume high amounts of protein and carbohydrates.

Animal Control: Because of his ability to change into animals, he can also communicate with them. Through extensive research and trial/error, he has developed the ability to call on animals to aid himself and his allies.
Last edited by Haizu on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Question...

Why is a leader in Evolutionary Biology and Genetics, not to mention one who can design his own shape-shifting body suits, working as a Ultima field agent?

Shouldn't he be in the lab or something?
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Because of his abilities, he makes an excellent spy and recon agent.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Leaders in those fields should never be field agents

This came up with the problem in the last game with Stone, he was a leader in Power Armor technology, infact, possibly a guiding light in it...and despite being in a big heavy suit of armor that could take a licking, and keep on ticking....

His ass should not have been in the field. Infact, Ultima was be stupid to put someone who is a leader in his chosen fields of research (basically a scientist), into spy positions - high risk positions which could cause their loss.

I'd oppose him being for that. You shouldn't be the best of the best, and be in a government team like this. Maybe you could have gotten away with it were this a "independent" team, but not working for Ultima.

------------ Another thing...why would he have to change his physiology in order to pass high school? Just because you look young, doesn't mean they hold you back from graduating if your grades are good enough. Quiet the opposite in fact, particularly excellent students sometimes get skipped ahead.

Yeah, this is a lot of knit picking, but these are important things in order to have a good (non-screwed up) character. Trust me, I know. We all saw the train-wreck that was Saibot in the last game.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:Question...

Why is a leader in Evolutionary Biology and Genetics, not to mention one who can design his own shape-shifting body suits, working as a Ultima field agent?

Shouldn't he be in the lab or something?
Who better to have in the field where metahumans are involved than a qualified doctor?

However, DS, I do hear your points - I personally would argue (if only because I helped Haizu come up with the idea) that a doctor such as this, especially in the times Ultima finds itself in now, would be better to keep drama down, as metahumans could be better understood and accounted for while in the field.
Last edited by rhoenix on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Besides, he may be a leader in his field and an excellent scientist, but he doesn't act like it. He'd much rather be out physically making a difference than sitting behind a workbench all day, although he does that in his downtime.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Your point being?

Stone wanted to be out in the field, it's the reason he started working on Power Armor tech.

But there comes a point where the guy becomes so good, he can't be risked in the field. If your a leader in your field, then you are DEFINATLY to important to risk in the field.

And He's a qualified doctor in.....Evolutionary Biology and Genetics. Not medicine.

If he was a medical doctor, I can see it, but he's a scientist.

Yes, I appreciate your work you put in, but at the same time, his history stuff needs to change some. Plus I'd like to see some more description of his powers..in you know..the power section.

Otherwise we wind up with all forms of no limit fallacy propping up.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Good points, DS. I'm working with Haizu about his character now.

- William Gibson

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alright, I edited it. Go check it out now.

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

You know, we've never had an elastic character before...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

That would be interesting...I'm not sure about the shape shifting powers though....

Question: Does his powers violate the laws of physics? Meaning Conservation of Energy? Cause if he can..then that is one hell of a power....to gain as much mass and size as you want....or to lose it and still be ok....
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:That would be interesting...I'm not sure about the shape shifting powers though....

Question: Does his powers violate the laws of physics? Meaning Conservation of Energy? Cause if he can..then that is one hell of a power....to gain as much mass and size as you want....or to lose it and still be ok....
Give him a hard limitl; say +/- 50% body mass. He can change his total body mass through shapeshifting into another form, adding/removing body mass, or whatever else by at most 50%.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

That's actually not a lot. He wouldn't even be able to shapeshift into a tiger with only a 50% increase. Well, unless he weighs about 250 pounds...
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

That's all fine and good for when he wants to lose the mass, or needs to gain mass to shift into something bigger....

but how will he regain the lost mass to go from smaller to larger? Honestly....this is a major problem unless we're just handwaving away physics completely for this.

That and his "I touch you and I get to shift your cells around or rewrite your DNA" thing is scarey.....

It's worse than my guy because it's insidious..he can do it at will and be dressed normally...where as my guy has to always be clothed, or not touch people, at all.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I am definitely against him being able to affect the DNA patterns of others. Because of the simple reason that it is AMAZINGLY easier to break it than to enhance it. We don't need a character who can potentially just walk up to anyone and turn them into a protein shake, or in the case of mutants completely remove their powers.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alright, I'm canning this character. It's giving me a headache, lol. I'll come up with something else.

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

John Crichton

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 165 lbs

Physical Description: Tanned, blue eyes, blonde hair, well built.

Distinguishing Marks: Long scar running down his left eye.

History: Born September 16, 1975. His ability to manage his bodily functions manifested shortly after he reached puberty. Joining the Marines at age 17, his abilities as a marksman soon became apparent. Joining the Scout Snipers division, he quickly moved up in the ranks and was made squad leader for his team. Taken all over the world for missions, he has extensive connections in many countries. At the age of 30, he was deemed too old for Special Ops and was released from the military with the highest of commendations. Getting wind of this and deciding that they could use a crackshot, Ultima recruited John into their ranks and assigned him to the Special Targets/Recon division.

Affiliation: Ultima

Abilities
Biofeedback: Is able to manipulate/control his bodily functions. IE: produce adrenalin, change metabolic rates, breathing, etc.

Time Dilation: Is able to slow down time around him, but is able to move at normal speed during this time (bullet time).

Unerring Aim: Is a deadeye shot with any type of firearm, will never miss unless under extreme circumstances.

Equipment
Barret M107: A semi-automatic .50 caliber sniper rifle capable of hitting targets from over a mile away. Equipped with a specialized scope, recoil reducers, and a bipod. Fires the .50 BMG armor piercing round. 10 rounds per clip.

.50 Beowulf: A fully automatic .50 caliber assault rifle capable of accurate firing within 200 meters. Equipped with specialized scope, recoil reducers, and allows optional attachments such as grenade launchers. Fires a 334 grain .50 caliber jacketed hollow point round. 12 rounds per clip.

Duel Desert Eagles: A semi-automatic .50 caliber pistol. Have been customized with compensators, advanced gas vent recoil reduction systems, and laser sights. Fires the .50 AE jacketed hollow point round. 7 rounds per clip.
Last edited by Haizu on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I'm not sure what to call this one...

I'm thinking Master Chief or perhaps an Astartes. Though the Astartes are taller...

but seriously?
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

short stocky bastard....

honestly...I'd go either powers, no suit, or suit no powers

I'd no the suit more than the powers...maybe have really good endurance as the ability to let him use the suit...
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Lol, I was aiming for more of a Crysis character, but I can go with no suit and superspeed. Edited character.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

While it's a good powers concept (although what does Hyper speed break down in numbers?)the background annoys me Haizu.

Course I never like the genetically engineered raised from birth supersoldier concept. To many resources into to small a pay off. A real military is gonna want something they can deploy in mass numbers with a somewhat cheap investment in time and resources. I mean if I make something that makes a perfectly average guy half as good as Blondie up there that takes 1/4 the money and 1/10th the time that means I can deploy whole platoons of guys who with a slight number advantage can beat or fight to a draw your guy. Still the background is viable, the military has done crazier shit so it's just me and you should ignore the gripe, it's just me being a grognard.

What really gets to me is how he got to Utlima. So they got a new model? Big deal, your boy up there is still better then the vast majority of enemies he'll be fighting to the point of despair. Yeah we got something better now but so what? He's still good enough to ride right over his opposition so why retire him to the super-police force? Could you expand it a little? Is he starting to slow down and age? Do the bad guys have a counter for him that makes him more or less pointless now? Is his replacement mass produced somehow making his singular presence not all that important?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alright, I think that Rhoenix and I have finally found a character that is agreeable. Let me edit and see what you all think. I'm sorry this is being such a hassle, it's been awhile since I made a free-form character.