His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I'm very sorry gentlemen and ladies, but my internet died at home last night and will not be repaired until Friday at the absolute earliest, and so I have to put a hold on this game, as I cannot post therein effectively from work.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

No worries, man.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

We knew it was too good to last.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I'm not shutting the goddamn game down, I'm informing people that it's unlikely I'll be able to post for the next few days.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Easy, Havoc. Cyncat's just playing.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Post by Avian Obscurities »

If Frostfell is offering free gifts, then Flinder would really like that 3.7cm PaK-36 the Jotun is carrying. (Havoc and I have been discussing the various possibilities in using Flin as a ranged-attack fighter).

Incidentally, my opinion on Frostfell, for varying values of $0.02:

He keeps strutting around with the aura of fierce, uncompromising predator, but in my animal training/behavorial ecology-trained opinion, he is not. Predators ARE very efficient, strong, unrelenting when need be, but ONLY when need be. Predators want to conserve energy and not risk injury and death at the hands of their prey (which is more common than you might think). Rather, Frostfell's ferocity is a product of civilization. Or, rather, half-civilization. He is something BETWEEN the elegance of the wild, and the refinement of culture. That makes him more dangerous than either.

Metaphor: I am not afraid of wild wolves, but i AM afraid of fighting dogs chained up in back alleys. Wolves conform to sets of rules that are remarkably civilized. Dogs raised without the restrictions of survival therefore have far less limits to their behavior.

Just my thoughts. ;)
I accidentally all the Brujah.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Avian Obscurities wrote:If Frostfell is offering free gifts, then Flinder would really like that 3.7cm PaK-36 the Jotun is carrying. (Havoc and I have been discussing the various possibilities in using Flin as a ranged-attack fighter).

Incidentally, my opinion on Frostfell, for varying values of $0.02:

He keeps strutting around with the aura of fierce, uncompromising predator, but in my animal training/behavorial ecology-trained opinion, he is not. Predators ARE very efficient, strong, unrelenting when need be, but ONLY when need be. Predators want to conserve energy and not risk injury and death at the hands of their prey (which is more common than you might think). Rather, Frostfell's ferocity is a product of civilization. Or, rather, half-civilization. He is something BETWEEN the elegance of the wild, and the refinement of culture. That makes him more dangerous than either.

Just my thoughts. ;)
That's a very good analysis. Frostfell is a barbarian. He's had just enough of civilization to make him educated and cunning. He's also pretty much an adolescent, full of fire to prove himself equal to the old bulls.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

My internet has been repaired, and the game is on once more. Be afraid...

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

[18:49] genhavoc: Would you do me the favor of rolling a D10 in OOC?
[18:50] TevarTahalshia: in HMD?

Nope, no clue why, but I'm doing it.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Rolling on Cyncat's behalf because he's not online. I'm the GM, I get to do that :grin:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

With respect Havoc, your previous post indicated that the other Bluejacket had engaged and hit Frostfell from the side. That's why I tried to bite him. You have to at least write the disengagement.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

so now I'm at a loss......so I let the halfbreed and his crew fall to the ground and die....

or is the half breed not knocked out and manages to try to pull himself back into the fray....

decisions decisions..
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

If you don't want to play anymore... kill him off.
If you do... then have him make a comeback after losing a lot of altitude. There's other dragons you can attack in the air... the Aufseher, the Bavarians..

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Apologies Cyncat, I actually forgot what the second Bluejacket was doing. Too many dragons to keep track of. I'll edit.

DS, it's your call, but I did not have a KO in mind when I wrote that. You're free to have him recover as he can.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I was told to roll another d10. Hopefully this one works out better.

Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Hate these dice sometimes...
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Posted again at General Havoc's request with added history.

Captain's Name: Captain Alexi Yukilov
Captain's Age: 39
Captain's Description (physical and personality):
A feverent Fascist hater, Alexi is vehimently opposed to the rise of the Nazi regeime. He was raised by nobles in Russia even though he himself was orphaned at a young age. He stands about 5' 9" with a weight of 158 pounds. His flowing black hair and deep hazel eyes are offset by his beard which covers many scars from his childhood helping rear young dragons for the Tsar and from combat in the Communist Revolution.

Alexi is kind and caring but also at the same time cold and calculating. He cares about those around him but has a hard time expressing his feelings. If he had been given the chance and not bound to a dragon at age 9, Alexi would probably be a scientist, engineer or doctor. He is highly intelligent with great initiative and a high IQ and ability to learn. His rational thinking skills are high but not off the charts because of his manic depression. He is prone to getting depressed at random stressors but staying near Яд keeps him more stable then it otherwise would. He misses mother Russia but knows until he is a war hero and has prevented his nation from unnecessarily entering into the war right after the extreme duress of the Communist Revolution.

Dragon's Name: Яд (translates from Russian to Poison and to Latin as Toxicum, pronounced Vi-Att, spelled in the Latin alphabet as Viatt)
Dragon's Age: 30
Dragon's Breed: Lesser Ironwing
Dragon's Description:
A larger middleweight, Яд is a beautiful example of a Lesser Ironwing. He weighs in a 22 tons and has a gigantic wingspan, lifting him aloft. If only his personality matched his beauty. He is gruff, like a typical Russian peasent. His mouth drips venom when he sights his prey. Quite used to getting his way he is forceful and solemn. Dont cross him otherwise you might just get yelled at.

Background:
Both Alexi and Яд are obsessively anti-fascist, seeing fascism as a possiability for a new uprising in mother Russia. Thus they left the Russian air corps and defected to England to stop the German and Italian Fascists in their tracks as best they could before anything could happen to mother Russia. Before the great communist revolution, the duo was raised by a noble family of dragon breeders. They had been breeding dragons for the Tsar since before the Napoleanic era. The family raised Alexi as one of their own children, seeing as the young orphan was bonded to one of their prized Lesser Ironwings.

They fought against the Communist scum during their revolution attempt and were responsible for a few key victories that brought them great name and honor. Promoted to Air Major at a scant thirty years of age, they gave up a promising career in the Russian Air service to fix a problem they saw arising. The loss was terriable to their minds but worth it to make the world a better place. Leaving Russia they traveled to the north through Scandanavia. Heading south to Denmark and then west to Britian Alexi and Яд were greeted with mistrust for the majority of the begining of the war. Britian wanted Яд as a breeding dragon primarily but Alexi and Яд quickly proved their value when the covet they were staying at when they first reached Britian came under attack.

Already in battle gear he and the local squadron took to the air. It was Яд, a Regal Copper, a Longwing and three Malachite Reapers up against a Kampfritters, seven Bluejackets and a pair of Swabians. Thanks to prodigious use of the poison in Яд's bite on the Kampfritter and two of the Bluejackets the day was won at a loss of only one of the Malachite Reapers and severe injury to the Regal Copper.

Stationed there for two months Яд and Alexi became fast friends with the captain of the Longwing, Elizabeth Bromheld. Elizabeth and Alexi, despite the minor language barrier, started a deep romance. The commander of the group did not take to the romance well because Elizabeth was his sister. Not wanting to allow the pollution of pure British blood with what he saw as lower Russian/Slavic blood, had Alexi and Яд reassigned.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I request player commentary on this app before I make a ruling.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

If he hated Germans or Germany I could buy most of it (a dragon raised by nobles speaking like a peasant also requires explanation), but vurulently anti-fascist? No, not when every conservative movement and their cousins were looking favorably upon fascism as keeping the dirty reds down and preserving private property and the social order. Churchill didn't even swing around against them until '37-'38 (you can find embarrassing pro-Nazi stuff from him in earlier years) and he was pretty much exiled to the foggy moors of the Conservative Party for doing so until WW2.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I knew there was something 'off' about the backstory, but I couldn't put it into words.

But I do want to know why a Russian dragon in the first place?

Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

If the interest is in a special-weapons dragon, I think there would be a lot more interesting choices. Yes, the acid-spitters are deadly, but I find them kind of boring. And we already have one. But that's just my opinion.

Character-wise, well, I'm new to this, so I don't think I can really give a good opinion. ;)
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:I knew there was something 'off' about the backstory, but I couldn't put it into words.

Mother Russia is cool. And Frostfell wants me to remind everyone they have Wendigos.
Avian Obscurities
Apprentice

Cynical Cat wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:I knew there was something 'off' about the backstory, but I couldn't put it into words.

Mother Russia is cool. And Frostfell wants me to remind everyone they have Wendigos.
So does Canada.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

To echo Cat some, it's hard to get more opposite of Communism than Fascism. And your character hates both vehemently? Especially when your government isn't all that much better?

Secondly, I kind of dislike that your character is such an important bad ass from the start. Being directly responsible for key victories against the Communists? Being an Air Major at the age of thirty before, of all the retarded things, retiring? You're a freaking Air Major! You want to help Mother-Russia? You stay home and use your clout to help Russia prepare for war and maybe push her towards getting into the war. You don't weaken Russia by leaving with a Special weapon dragon to most likely die in England, having achieved little of any value. Because frankly, rare is the dragon, even a special weapons dragon, that can single-handedly turn the tide of an entire war on the field of battle.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Avian Obscurities wrote:
So does Canada.
What Frostfell (who is Canadian) really means is that Russia has lots of svelte, lethal, female Wendigos who he is not closely related to and might be persuaded to take an interest in him if enough dead German dragons were dumped at their feet.