Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:Your'e right, the snarky comments are very hard when you can't talk. Shipwreck would be more your style :twisted:
He's a sailor and if I can't be Snake Eyes then I should go for Marine for maximum points with frigid. :wink:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

nope, no Snake-Eyes

I'd be willing to let him play Shipwreck, or a Shipwreck-like personage. Shipwreck wasn't one of the "big badasses" of the Joes after all.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Dark Silver wrote:nope, no Snake-Eyes

I'd be willing to let him play Shipwreck, or a Shipwreck-like personage. Shipwreck wasn't one of the "big badasses" of the Joes after all.
Not a good reason. Joes are after all pansies compared to TFs.

A much better reason is that everyone would play Snake Eyes if they could. :razz:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

who do you think I'm playing right now?

-puts on ninja mask and gets sword and starts stealthing-
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Dark Silver wrote:....

Right. GM has dibs.
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Redone at the request of Dark Silver:
(Formerly Motherboard)

Name: Thunderstrike
Faction: Autobots
Team: Skybots (Now Defunct, one of two survivors and only survivor loyal to the Autobots)
Alt Form: XF5U "Flying Flapjack"

Info On Alt Form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_flapjack

Bio and Personality:
Created to fight the Cybertronian War by the Autobots he is more aggressive then the average Autobot. The war still has taken a toll on him losing the rest of his squadron to the Decepticons through the betrayal of a disgruntled Autobot named Yowler (alt form TBD-Devestator). The wholesale slaughter of his comanions at the hands of their traitor leader. Yowler is now marked for death by Tunderstrike and Tunderstrike will go out of his way to destroy him. There is one problem with this in that Yowler has joined a Decepticon flyer team called the Seekers.

Thunderstrike is a calm and caring bot most of the time but is known for being a vicious combatant against Decepticon and Nazi forces. His hatred for his enemy is in every aspect of his life. Not a very philosophical bot Thunderstrike is known more for his hatred of his enemy and his driving passion then any deep thoughts he may have. A decent tactician he also sees that there are bots that are better then him and will let them take charge as need be.

Weapons (Alt Form):
1: High Intensity Mid Range Charged Particle Cannon: With a range of 3000 feet this high powered cannon has a refresh rate of about 10 seconds between shots but inflicts a devestating ammount of damage. Slung right under the cockpit. A total energy hog that uses a large ammount of his energy reserve.
Primary Function: Ground Attack
Secondary Function: Air-To-Air Combat

2: High Fire Laser Cannon x2: Mounted to either side and slightly below the charged particle cannon these two rapid fire lasers are lower in intensity then the charged particle cannon but have a refresh rate of .5 seconds. They are fire linked with a range of 4500 feet. They are capable of ripping through Earth armors and doing decent damage to Cybertronian metals.
Primary Function: Air-To-Air Combat
Secondary Function: Anti-Infantry

Weapons (Bot Form):
1: High Fire Laser Cannons x2: Mounted in each wrist the lasers are otherwise the same as in the alt-form.

2: Vibro-Longsword: Made from the blades of his props from his alt form Thunderstrike has swords capable of cutting through most Cybertronian alloys as well as most Earthly materials. Though only skilled at using one at a time Thunderstrike is a skilled swordsman none the less.
Pirmary Function: Anti-Cybertronian
Secondary Function: Anti-Armor

Special:

1: For a Skybot or even any flying bot he is heavily armored. His Cybertronian armor is thicker then would seem natural for a bot of his size and capabilities but he pays for this with a loss of speed.

2: Higly Manuverable/near-VTOL: Because of his airframe design (which copies the XF5U) Thunderstrike is capable of manuvers that are otherwise inexplicable to an airframe that looks so odd. Also if properly angled he is capable of near-VTOL and also capable of hovering.

Weaknesses:

1: Energon Inefficient: Requires refueling twice as often as a standard Autobot. There is no known way to counter this problem

2: Slower then average Cybertronian flyer: Because of the heavy armor and the heavy weight of the charged particle cannon Thunderstrike has a max speed of Mach 1.5, instead of the standard Mach 2.

EDIT: Added the swords and subtracted the BFG rifle.
Last edited by Utanka on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:

Right. GM has dibs.
GM is probably the only one who can pull off all the crap SnakeEyes has done in the comics, without players crying foul.

Hell... the Marvel 80's issue "Silent Interlude" alone was damn near God-mode. Then Dreamworks (iirc) had him -hynotize- a Decepticon? Yeah... SnakeEyes is GM-wank. :lol:
But I loved him more than any other Joe, except for Scarlet. I always loved the romance between them, too.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:

Right. GM has dibs.
GM is probably the only one who can pull off all the crap SnakeEyes has done in the comics, without players crying foul.

Hell... the Marvel 80's issue "Silent Interlude" alone was damn near God-mode.
That was a great comic, but he doesn't actually god mode much. He kills a few Cobra grunts, sword fights Stormshadow, and sneaks around, and gets away on a jetpack with Scarlet. Impressive, but not uberwanky. The only time he faces multiple opponents he takes them out with a grenade.

The problem is that subsequent writers kept upping his abilities.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Silent Interlude is right where Snake eyes should be. Really damn bad ass and capable of some amazing shit but still utterly and completely human, if at the top 5% percentile of baselines for killing and stealth abilities.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I like Thunderstrike more now......not the least because he's not called Motherboard (seriously..)

You took some of Cat's ideas....I'm not overly happy with the "BFG" that is the Charged Particle Cannon...I'd prefer to see it with some missiles or what not in it's place.

The lasers would give you comparable weapons load outs to most Seekers then, missiles and two energy guns...

But you are slow compared to others though...all things considering. I'm still wary of the BFG...especially since, aside from Decepticons, everything is Earth base stuff (admittedly some of the armors are better quality and all..but still nothing like what's mounted on a standard TF..)
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Name: Crosswind
Allegiance: Autobots
Function: Air Warrior
Alternate Mode: P-38 Lightning

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is an illusion. There is only now."

Biography: Crosswind always loved to fly and explore, and before the War re-ignited, he was a scout for energon mining projects. When the Great War began again, Crosswind would be swiftly caught into the struggle, as conflict had even engulfed the space between Cybertron and her moons.

Over the years in the war he began to distinguish himself, for he constantly worked to improve his aim as well as his skills in Crystalocution. Due to his skills, he was invited to join a group of elite Autobot flyer warriors called the Aurochs, who hunted down Decepticon flyers all over Cybertron and the surrounding space. The membership in this club was short-lived however, as a few years later, during a particularly brutal battle, only Crosswind and his wingmate Cloudburst survived, and not unscathed. Shortly afterward though, he was named and asked by Optimus Prime himself to go with his group aboard the Ark.

Now that he's awoken again in this place, he has chosen the alternate form he feels is best-suited to his talents, and his loves, for he still harbors a deep love of exploration and discovery - even if they are found mostly in combat now.

Weapons (Alt-Mode: P-38 Lightning):
In Heavy Fighter (P-38) mode, Crosswind has two turrets, located on the top and the bottom of the nose nacelle. Each of the turrets contains a charged particle cannon. Each cannon has a refire rate of 0.5 seconds, though each shot deals more damage (against other Cybertronians as well as other targets) in return, due to the explosive particle nature of the shots.

Additionally, Crosswind has a missile launcher on either side of the belly of the nose nacelle, capable of holding a single heavy long-range missile each, two medium-range missiles each, or four short-range missiles each. When fired, the missile is dropped straight down, flying right between his props toward his target.

Weapons (Robot Mode):
In robot mode, Crosswind does not lose access to the cannons in his Lightning mode (mounted on his forearms), though they do not turn and rotate as in his P-38 form; instead, they are fixed to fire straight over his fists. He can also use a "shot" of his cannons' ammo to make his fist accumulate a shot's worth of charged particles, releasing on impact (such as a punch) as an explosion.

Though he loses access to the missile launchers in robot mode, he has access to a limited number of rockets for his two shoulder launchers - however, they must be reloaded manually, and only hold two rockets each. These rockets cannot fire in any other mode except for robot.

Abilities: Crosswind has powerful rocket jets that can be used effectively in his heavy fighter mode, helping him nearly reach Mach 2 (Mach 1.7 at sea level).

In his robot form, he uses them not to fly (as lack of maneuverability makes that a problem), but to "dash" short distances at high speed. The jets cannot propel him into Mach speeds in his much less aerodynamic robot mode, but can get rather close.

Additionally, he still has the sophisticated cartography and surveying hardware from his days as an energon and metals prospector, allowing him to create detailed maps of varying types.

Lastly, his skills in Crystalocution are impressive, particularly when paired with his powerful punches. Crosswind makes a point to train very regularly to improve on those skills, never taking them for granted.

Weaknesses: Crosswind uses a great deal of electrons with his charged particle cannons, which he accumulates while flying (especially during lightning storms). However, if he runs out (which is certainly possible, especially in prolonged battle where he can't "recharge"), he cannot use his charged particle cannons or charged punches.

Additionally, he is prone to bouts of wanderlust, where he is prone to go off by himself at times When he does so, he rarely tells someone else where he's going or even if he's going, and he doesn't always pay very close attention to his surroundings. However, he usually only has these bouts of wanderlust during times of peace, and boredom.

(version 0.01 - first posting)
(version 0.02 - minor edits made as suggested by DS)
(version 0.03 - added weakness)
(version 1.0 - thorough edits for conciseness made to layout & content)
(version 1.01 - cleaned up some mechanical elements)
(version 1.1 - added G.I. Joe ally)
(version 1.11 - removed optional G.I. Joe ally)
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Utanka

So you're heavy, slow, and still highly maneuverable?

Please explain this to me.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon wrote:Utanka

So you're heavy, slow, and still highly maneuverable?

Please explain this to me.
Speed and maneuverbility are two different things, although it made much more sense in the version where that I worked up where I dropped the armour to light.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

He can be slow, but still pull a hard turn rather nicely.

My biggest concern is the BFG....especially with the presence of other guns on the character. I'm of the opinion if you have a BFG..you shouldn't have other guns on you.

But what do I know, I'm more of a purist in TF's where most have pistols and rifles and what not instead of scores of built in weapons...

Rheonix.....I'm talking with you on AIM....but it's better...but still...

In all seriousness, I posted a Official Transformer Profile in the first post for a reason, it shows you what the official guys have, and what the sheet SHOULD look like, simple, but concise.

I'll allow others to pick at both, for suggestions.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Don't look at this Megatron/Seeker fanboy over here. One gun is good enough for my boys Megs and Shocky and two good enough for Starscream and his badass crew.

Word.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Rheonix: better.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:Rheonix: better.
Awesome. I'm much happier with him now as it is.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Don't look at me either. All I need is missiles for long range. Gun for medium and a knife and I am rolling!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:Don't look at me either. All I need is missiles for long range. Gun for medium and a knife and I am rolling!
One, two, three, four,
That's why we love the Marine Corps!
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Name: Cavalier
Affiliation: Autobot
Sub-group: N/A
Alternate Mode: T-34 Medium Tank
Quote: "Bring it on you bastards! I can do this all day!"

Biography: Cavalier is a epitome of a tank: large, imposing, dangerous, and well aware of it. He believes he is the epitome of combat skill and effectiveness, happy as long as there's a war somewhere to fight and Decepticons to blow apart. He loves nothing more than turning the tide of a battle single-handedly, rallying a broken human formation, or leading a heroic charge to save the day, heedless of the danger he throws himself into. It is not desperation or ideological verve that animates him, but an actual, genuine enjoyment of combat and warfare, not the brutal addiction to violence and death that many Decepticons display, but an infatuation with the thrill of danger, the rush of victory, and the cheers and adulation of humans and other Autobots whenever he distinguishes himself with some incredible exploit. Accordingly, Cavalier is at his happiest when the fighting is at its heaviest, and the opportunities for glory at their most tempting.

Cavalier will gleefully admit that he is both very arrogant and extremely foolhardy, but despite that, he has his own charm, and can laugh at himself when necessary, so long as he judges that he's not at risk of actually losing face. So long as he is accorded the 'respect' he feels he deserves as a skilled weapon of war, he is more than happy to accord others the respect their exploits are due. After all, the war is large enough for all of them, and if somebody shows him up, there's always another battle to even the score...

Weapons/Abilities: Well-armored and durable, Cavalier's main gun is a 76mm rifled cannon, but with cybertronian tech backing it, it is many times more dangerous than the human equivalent. He carries a variety of shells, from sabot-discarding Armor Piercing rounds, to High Explosive shells, HEAT rounds, smoke, and hollow casings for firing more specialized payloads. Though limitted by line of sight, these shells pack an enormous punch, even to Decepticon vehicles and weapons. He compliments the main gun with a coaxial and turret mounted laser blaster, with a high rate of fire and medium range. Though the lasers are too weak to seriously threaten armored vehicles, they can devastate infantry, field guns, and soft skinned vehicles with ease. In robotic form, his main gun runs down the length of his right arm, while his laser blasters are mounted on his left wrist.

Cavalier also carries a pair of extendible rocket launchers mounted on either side of his turret atop the cupola. The launchers fire high explosive contact-rockets, four to a launcher, mounted on rails. Even with Cybertronian assistance, human rocket technology is still in its infancy, and so the rockets are neither guided nor particularly accurate over even medium range. Cavalier employs them in salvoes of fire, saturating an area in front of him (and given their propensity to swerve off course, to the sides as well) with explosions, smoke, debris, and shrapnel, sowing confusion and chaos and damaging lighter vehicles that may be in his path. Each individual rocket is relatively weak by Cybertronian standards, though a close-range salvo of all eight rockets directly into a target can pack quite a punch. The rockets cannot be accessed in humanoid form.

Weaknesses: Lucky shots notwithstanding, Cavalier has essentially no anti-aircraft capacities, and is therefore easy prey for ground attack aircraft of any sort, be they fighter bombers, dive bombers, or level bombers. Like a real tank, his armor is concentrated in the front, making flank or rear attacks far more likely to score a disabling strike.

However, Cavalier's biggest weakness is his own overconfidence. He has excellent combat skills, but very poor tactical or strategic sense, and while he can follow orders well enough, his thirst for thrill, glory, and victory can get him in very deep trouble, for powerful as he is, there are Decepticons out there that can crack him open like a lobster. The arts of subterfuge, discrimination, and misdirection are lost to him, and he will (and has) insert himself in situations that he is simply not capable of handling alone, or even with assistance. In his defense however, he does recognize these weaknesses to a certain degree, even jokes about them when dragged off the field for repairs after attempting to stop an entire Decepticon armored regiment by himself. In addition, he tends to underrate the capabilities of his teammates, telling them to stay behind while he goes off to do his thing. Part of this is because he doesn't want others to steal his thunder, but mostly it is the fact that while he may be perfectly willing to fight as a team, he has very little idea of how to fight as a team.

Some instruction may prove necessary.
Last edited by General Havoc on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Nice one Havoc.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Huh, a glory hound. Sounds like a ready made point man to me.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

If a tank could come to life, what kind of personality would it likely have?

I decided this.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I can already hear the jokes between PathFinder and Cavalier

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I approve of Cavalier.

He will make a good meat-shield for Blitzwing and Brawl...