Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Since it was asked.

This is the begining of Operation Compass, the Real World British attack to break the Italian 10th Army in Africa (which ended up being a rousing success).

The PC group, with your Joes, are attached to this mission as a Special Forces Unit from the US, who by now has declared war at the urging of the Autobots and Optimus Prime, but the country is still gearing up for the World War.

the Joes and the Autobot's are basically, "Alpha Teams" for this.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Due to DS' suggestion, since this will be somewhat reminiscent of the HMD game (requiring a human "captain" and Autobot "vehicle"), I'll edit in my character's human GI into my current character sheet.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

the more I think on it

the less I like that opening post......

I'll redo the thread tomorrow...
ignore what went down tonight, I wanted to start in Europe anyway instead of Africa..
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:the more I think on it

the less I like that opening post......

I'll redo the thread tomorrow...
ignore what went down tonight, I wanted to start in Europe anyway instead of Africa..
...er, ok. You still want us to have human "allies," yes?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

the PC's are gonna be working with NPC Joes anyway, so if you want to create a Joe to be a counterpart to your Autobot, go ahead.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I'll be honest, I don't see much point in the Joe counterpart.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on the Joe aspect, especially as we have an actual PC who is one.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

yeah, I didn't ever say you
HAD to have a Joe counterpart

It only came up with Rheonix because he ASKED me about it.

Never once did I tell him he had to have it - only he could have one.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:yeah, I didn't ever say you
HAD to have a Joe counterpart

It only came up with Rheonix because he ASKED me about it.

Never once did I tell him he had to have it - only he could have one.
...Oh. I got the impression they were mandatory. Alright, removing mine too.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

DS, any updates on when we'll have the real initial IC post?

- William Gibson

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

as soon as I can pull my head out of the dark hole it's been in for the past two days.

I been kept busier than normal getting things ready for work, seeing as we may be heading out during Mardi Gras....and I had to make a hot shot run to another jobsite today.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:as soon as I can pull my head out of the dark hole it's been in for the past two days.

I been kept busier than normal getting things ready for work, seeing as we may be heading out during Mardi Gras....and I had to make a hot shot run to another jobsite today.
Alright, cool.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Psst, Rhoenix.

You guys are robots in disguise. The grunts aren't supposed to know about you.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Charon wrote:Psst, Rhoenix.

You guys are robots in disguise. The grunts aren't supposed to know about you.
...Oops. Fixed.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I was wondering why Rheonix didn't just land at the secret base. Or does he not have the coordinates yet?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:I was wondering why Rheonix didn't just land at the secret base. Or does he not have the coordinates yet?
I wasn't assuming Crosswind knew the location. So, I just brought him to the same base where our two tanker friends are.

- William Gibson

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

so despite the fact I been sick and not even online much the last few days.....

I'm STILL waiting on Utanka and Firewalker to post....

you have two days, or the game proceeds without you.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

If the GM was on, I'd have one of the Original Joes move me. Steeler and Heavy Metal both drove the MOBAT (MOBle Armored Tank)

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Stephanie Killian
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 122lbs
Position: Technical Expert on Cybertronian Machineforms

The willowy redhead grew up as a farm girl in interior BC. Stephanie was bright enough to make it into university where she was one of the only women in her physics classes. She earned a PhD and would have started teaching, if one of her former teachers hadn't been contacted by the military with regards to a special project. She's doesn't speak of what that was, but she has resurfaced as Canada's and the Commonwealth's leading expert on Cybertronian robotics. She is quite conscious of the limits of her knowledge and how ignorant she truly is. She occasionally finds dealing with politicians and military leaders frustrating who will not adjust their preconceptions to fit the new reality imposed by the Cybertronian presence.

Stephanie is a woman in good shape who leads an active life. Her combat skills consist of having grown up with brothers and having hunted. She is a competent shot and has a basic and functional knowledge of hand to hand combat.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I used SNAFU in its proper context! Score!
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Name: Deathstrike
Affiliation: Renegade Decepticon
Alternate Form: Space Strike Fighter
Function: Aerospace Strike Leader

Profile: Deathstrike is a cold and cunning warrior, who is haunted by the consequences of his one moment of weakness and his subsequent dishonor. Although he is ruled by self interest, the Decepticon lacks the megalomaniac and treacherous streaks that have characterized some powerful Decepticons. He is mostly honorable, from a Decepticon point of view, and lusts for glory. He neither hates nor disdains organic life. He considers his promise to the Canadians, and to Stephanie in particular, binding.

Abilities:
In his robot mode, Deathstrike is a large robot with dark blue armour and a slender flanged cannon on his right arm. His robot form is quite strong, although he has been overpowered by Ultra Magnus. In neither form is he particularly agile, although he is a canny and experienced warrior.

Alt form:
A fast (by virtue of powerful engines) and heavily armoured space fighter, which is not very maneuverable. Deathstrike excels at attacking ground forces, fortresses, and space ships. His record against other air units is less impressive, although underestimating the powerful and experienced warrior is a mistake few survive.

Weapons:
His primary armament is powerful x-ray cannon, which is attached to his arm in robot form. It is capable of firing rapid pulses or acting as a continuous cutting beam. Ionizing radiation from the cannon can disrupt circuitry even if it does not breach armour. The cannon is prone to overheating, especially if fired in continuous beam mode and is an energy hog. Both forms can unleash a formidable number of missiles and have heavy armour. His raw strength and fighting skill makes him a formidable opponent in hand to hand combat, although stronger or faster warriors will have the advantage.

Weaknesses:
Deathstrike is powerful warrior, but his energy needs are considerable. Adding to his difficulties is that many of his components have been repaired or replaced with low quality jury rigs due to his long exile, meaning none of his abilities are functioning at full capacity. His armour is also patched with substandard materials and is cracked in several places. His state of disrepair has added to his energy inefficiencies and he possesses only a small number of missiles. The repairs he has received at Canadian hands have somewhat restored him, but not to full strength.

Adding to his difficulties is that his space fighter mode cannot be disguised with anything approaching success to anything without at least jet engines. As such, he forfeits the advantages of disguise many Cybertronians enjoy in their alternative modes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Somehow Cyncat, when I saw you posting in this thread, I figured Deathstrike might make a reappearance. Still kind of a trip to see, though.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Pathfinder is going to be a bastard towards him. Too many near-scrappings from the 'Con will do that.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:Somehow Cyncat, when I saw you posting in this thread, I figured Deathstrike might make a reappearance. Still kind of a trip to see, though.
I did it solely so you would feel vindicated and good about yourself. A gesture motivated only be good will and generosity and not a whit of self interest. Really. :wink:

Okay, maybe a little self interest. :zaia:
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I do have a problem with Deathstrike as he is presented. Namely that the majority of your weaknesses are easily fixable. Your armor and some of your systems are subpar? That would take maybe a week at an Autobot base to repair, at max. It would also take maybe a couple hours at an Autobot base to fix the alt-form problem. Additionally, you have a very powerful main gun that also has a fast enough firing rate to actually be a cutting beam that also can disrupt circuitry. And on top of that you have missiles?
Last edited by Charon on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.