Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:Well the British 25 pound AT gun was a pretty nasty piece of work. It could put a hole straight through almost anything short of a King Tiger at range.
It's the British equivalent to the 88, complete with high velocity shells and 6 more millimeters of shell width. The 88, a gun so fucking powerful that it was used in King Tiger and the Elefant and Jagdpanther tank destroyers.

Wikipedia say 28 pound shell.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm waiting to see if rheonix is going to post before continuing.....

Firewalker, since your back...your free to join up AFTER this battle is over with...Utanka is a write off.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

And now everyone has someone to pick a fight with!

...or they picked a fight with you.

Anyway....Vortex is out of the battle for now.....

Oh, by the by....remember Transformers are excessively hard to kill...no one gets one shots....there's plenty of Axis and Cobra to get that on.....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

No Autokill, I know. But its' still going to be fun lobbing shells at Swindle, especially if he's dumb enough to turn away from me :twisted:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I've got Blitzwing?

No problem...
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:I've got Blitzwing?

No problem...
Hunter? You're kinda... short.. for that fight.

Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Name: Danny Mathias
Codename/Callsign: Scar
Birthplace: Bakersfield, CA

Branch: US Army Air Corps
Specialty: Aerial Combat/cross training in unconventional warfare
Equipment: M1911, M1 Thompson
Vehicle: Joe Modified Jet engined version of the P-63 Kingcobra

History: Son of a WWI American Fighter pilot, Danny grow up idolizing his dad. When he reached 18 in the early '30s, he leapt at the chance to be a pilot. Becoming an officer in the Army Air Corps, he was one of the first pilots to fly the P-30. After helping work out the kinks in the new airframe, Danny Mathias became a test pilot helping with the development of numerous airframes. When war erupted in Europe, with the aid of alien robots, he joined the Joes as a fighter pilot and received cross training in the standards of warfare that Joes were expected to be masters of.

His callsign/codename comes from a scar from his jaw line through his eyebrow and the to his forehead. Received when the starboard engine on an experimental airframe malfunctioned, sending shrapnel into the cockpit.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Last edited by SirNitram on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Clearly we want to be playing Dark Heresy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay or Chaosium or any other precentile based system where low is good.

BTW, my shot? In Dark Heresy or WFRP: boom! Head shot!

:lol:
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Paladium's system too usually calls low numbers good.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Ahh...how I love the smell of dice rolls in the morning

Fisher, if no one else objects, I approve of your character...you can have the plane we discussed in AIM.

May wanna post it and let everyone else know which one it is.

Rheonix: seriously dude....you need to let me know something ASAP. So I know if your just putting "on hold" or what.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

I will be able to post 99% of the time as needed starting tomorrow morning
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

DS, go see Rheonix's post in Down Below: Venting. He mentioned family problems and needing a break.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Havoc, waiting on your post to continue
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

You know if the Cons are running around with Germany threatening to conquer the world... The Japanese have to be rethinking their position.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

"What in Primus' name is WRONG with you!?!" Blitzwing on being attacked by Breakout... Again.

Name: Breakout

Functions: Kill Deceptions.
Break Their Stuff.
Defend Noncombatants.
Uphold Autobot Code.

Affiliation present: Autobots, Allies.

Affiliations past: Headhunters, Autobot Expeditionary Force, Free Alliance Defense Force, League of Sapient Worlds, various others.

Alternate Mode:17pdr SO Achilles M-10 Tank Destroyer Varient

Weapons: Medium Range Heavy Laser Cannon, 2 missile tubes anti vehicle only, combat knife

Abilities: Breakout is fast, strong, tough and well armed. His secondary processor allows him to calculate and evaluate a situation and develop workable although rarely perfect tactics for the situation. His frame contains redundancies and backups allowing him to carry on through heavy damage, if at reduced capability.

Weaknesses: His rear, top and side armor is light and while better then most civilian models still fairly easy to punch through. Being flanked is a bad day. Carries 30 missiles of which usually only 6 or 8 will be anti-air in nature rendering him desperately vernacular to air attack. Breakout's big flaw may be his aggression which drives him to attack the enemy whenever he can get away with it. It has been suggested he simply cannot stop.

History: Created by Optimus Prime after the collapse of Cybertronian government and society, the Golden Age of Cybertron is just another myth to Breakout. Created for war he was damn good at it, gaining attention when he single handed stalled an Con offensive by killing the Con champion at the head of the force and taunting the enemy for a full 7 Orns. He did this by beheading the Con Leader and demanding one of the Cons come over and take it from him. In the end Blitzwing showed up and did it. Blitizwing had to be carried from the fight while the Autobots barely managed to drag away a shut downed Breakout. Everyone figured that settled that issue.

Breakout disagreed and would renew the battle with Blitzwing whenever possible. Much to Blitzwing's confusion and dismay.

After Prime left, Breakout found himself marginalized. Leading a unit of other military models created by Prime, Breakout did his best to slow, cripple or outright kill the Con armies that remained. Whether through irregular or conventional warfare the Headhunters destroyed many cons and resources. Meanwhile all around him Cybertron was dying and both Autobots and Decepticons were fleeing for brighter cityscapes. An Autobot named Monitor convinced him that Cybertron was doomed and the real war was keeping the Cons from taking over the rest of the galaxy. The Autobot Expeditionary Force was wildly successful, which was part of the reason it died.

17 Depecticons banded together with a local starfaring empire. Killing the AEF was the first step in a plan of expansion and terror. A surprised attack destroyed the AEF's main base and the survivors were ruthlessly hunted. Breakout rallied the fragments and hunted back ending up the last bot standing. He started a long journey back to Cybertron but kept getting side tracked by groups of Cons and Bots and ended up as often as not on a some new damned crusade. Unable to get to Cybertron and frankly unsure as to whether or not Cybertron even existed anymore (most claimed it was dead world), Breakout decided to try something else. He decided to find Prime.

Through blind luck or the will of Primus he did find Prime. However his ship was sabotaged, a parting gift from an enemy and he ended up powering down in the Ark. That was 2 million years ago.

"I am a Cybertronian War Machine. I will not surrender. I will not retreat. I will win and see you thrown down."

**DS already approved this, so scream at him. For my part Breakout feels very gun downed, but that's cool I can still go for it.
Last edited by frigidmagi on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I hate to bring this up, but the Achilles was produced in 1942. Players are restricted to vehicles in existance before 1940. Otherwise I'd have taken a late-war variant T-34.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Actually, I went over it with Frigid, and I approved his choice of the alt-mode, Havoc. Same as I approved Fisher's jet for his Joe.

I figured with the Decepticon's your facing all getting later war alt-modes...I could let allow some slippage in the machining dates....

talk to me if you want to update your alt-mode appropriately.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:I hate to bring this up, but the Achilles was produced in 1942. Players are restricted to vehicles in existance before 1940. Otherwise I'd have taken a late-war variant T-34.
Think of it this way. The base model exists and it the basis for Breakout's alt form. There are a few alterations on that alt form to accommodate Breakout's capabilities (if I make the cannon that small, it's not going to have the punch) and aesthetics.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

And magi presence! Fuck Yeah!!!!! :grin:
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Well if the option is there, I'd like to upgrade my model from the basic T-34 to the T-34/85 variant. The underlying combat capabilities will be the same of course, but the gun would be uprated from a 76mm to an 85mm cannon. The turret is overall slightly larger, the gun longer, and I feel the design has considerably better aesthetics than the original version of the tank. Given that I'm playing a Cybertronian in the first place, the overall effect shouldn't be any different in terms of stats. I'm still a Cybertronian medium tank, I just would look a little more... classical :)

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Of course that's reasonable. Although you pay for it in decreased effectiveness of your disguise, but a Cybertronian should be satisfied with his appearance.

Says the 'bot with the space fighter form. :wink:
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

considering the Combaticons and Blitzwing's alt-modes are all from later parts of the war anyway it won't be that bad for Havoc.

He's just a new varient of the classic tank their used to seeing...